SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby oldman » Thu May 27, 2021 5:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:I'm so flat today.. this whole IF thing is deflating - I can't imagine how the junior committee at the club is coping.

It's so incredibly disappointing that this incident seems to have allowed people to react in such venomous ways, and not just on social media.

My girls and their U10's side were treated to people screaming abuse out their car windows at them while they trained, the U14 kids received the same on Tuesday night.

A mate of mine completing his job doing deliveries had a bottle thrown at him and informed he's a feral c**t for wearing an IF beanie.

The coach of the girls side pulled has received threats, and the MDO who was seen on the video is copping plenty because people think he's the dude who committed the assault.

Apparently the Ingle Farm FB account is being bombarded with abusive messages from people who feel it's their right and obligation to join the crusade.

So many innocent and good people who have NOTHING to do with this shit except be from the same club are copping it - and when the abuse begins to get directed to little kids then that's just not ******* on!

One dude.. ONE ******* DUDE.. from a club of a dozen junior sides and 3 senior sides - and a guy who i've NEVER met or seen in my years at the club.

The senior footy has had a checkered past, but you'd have to go back to 2014 that i can recall a junior incident - and that was U18's which resulted in the club electing not to field an 18s moving forward.. even snr footy, with the exception of the covid drama last season which was just dumb, onfield there really hasn't been any issues since the 2015 C grade incident.

Ingle Farm is a community club that provides for cricket, football, netball, basketball etc. and a lot of good families invovled.

Please for the love of god, don't take the anger and frustration out on people who don't deserve it. :(

maybe the club could put the man forward
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu May 27, 2021 5:40 pm

oldman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'm so flat today.. this whole IF thing is deflating - I can't imagine how the junior committee at the club is coping.

It's so incredibly disappointing that this incident seems to have allowed people to react in such venomous ways, and not just on social media.

My girls and their U10's side were treated to people screaming abuse out their car windows at them while they trained, the U14 kids received the same on Tuesday night.

A mate of mine completing his job doing deliveries had a bottle thrown at him and informed he's a feral c**t for wearing an IF beanie.

The coach of the girls side pulled has received threats, and the MDO who was seen on the video is copping plenty because people think he's the dude who committed the assault.

Apparently the Ingle Farm FB account is being bombarded with abusive messages from people who feel it's their right and obligation to join the crusade.

So many innocent and good people who have NOTHING to do with this shit except be from the same club are copping it - and when the abuse begins to get directed to little kids then that's just not ******* on!

One dude.. ONE ******* DUDE.. from a club of a dozen junior sides and 3 senior sides - and a guy who i've NEVER met or seen in my years at the club.

The senior footy has had a checkered past, but you'd have to go back to 2014 that i can recall a junior incident - and that was U18's which resulted in the club electing not to field an 18s moving forward.. even snr footy, with the exception of the covid drama last season which was just dumb, onfield there really hasn't been any issues since the 2015 C grade incident.

Ingle Farm is a community club that provides for cricket, football, netball, basketball etc. and a lot of good families invovled.

Please for the love of god, don't take the anger and frustration out on people who don't deserve it. :(

maybe the club could put the man forward

If you are referring to the dude who has been charged by police, then yes, the club has already done that.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Summary of cards provided so far in 2021 (as of Round 6)

Players:
72 x Yellow Cards
10 x Red Cards

Team Officials:
5 x Red Cards
2 x Blue Cards

Spectators:
7 x Blue Cards

TOTAL:
72 x Yellow Cards
15 x Red Cards
9 x Blue Card
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Summary of cards provided so far in 2021 (as of Round 6)

Players:
72 x Yellow Cards
10 x Red Cards

Team Officials:
5 x Red Cards
2 x Blue Cards

Spectators:
7 x Blue Cards

TOTAL:
72 x Yellow Cards
15 x Red Cards
9 x Blue Card

Where do you obtain this info from?

Is there a breakdown of grades/clubs etc?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Summary of cards provided so far in 2021 (as of Round 6)

Players:
72 x Yellow Cards
10 x Red Cards

Team Officials:
5 x Red Cards
2 x Blue Cards

Spectators:
7 x Blue Cards

TOTAL:
72 x Yellow Cards
15 x Red Cards
9 x Blue Card

Where do you obtain this info from?

Is there a breakdown of grades/clubs etc?

from the SANFL Juniors, no listing of grades or clubs
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby locky801 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Whats the penalty for a blue card, is there some number that a club gets before action is taken or a fine given
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Some of the standard this year in division 1 is incredible. Clubs should be very proud of their juniors
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:26 pm

locky801 wrote:Whats the penalty for a blue card, is there some number that a club gets before action is taken or a fine given

Blue card is a free kick and 25m from memory
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby S Demon » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:
locky801 wrote:Whats the penalty for a blue card, is there some number that a club gets before action is taken or a fine given

Blue card is a free kick and 25m from memory

8.31 BLUE CARDS CONDITIONS
8.31.1 A blue card may be awarded immediately or issued at the next quarter break by an umpire, a non-
officiating member of the Umpire’s Panel or a member of the SANFL staff who deems off-field behaviour to be unacceptable.
Page 26 of 37

SANFL JUNIORS COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
8.31.2 Behaviour may be deemed unacceptable if the official considers it threatening or not in the spirit of the game.
8.31.3 Once a blue card has been awarded, both teams Team Managers are to approach the Field Umpire or SANFL staff member to seek clarification and direction. No other club officials may enter the field of play. Players are not to leave the field of play.
8.31.4 The time may be stopped at the Field Umpire or SANFL staff members discretion. If time is stopped, the following procedure applies:
8.31.4.1 Re-starting the game after a blue card;
8.31.4.1.1 Game to re-start only when the Official is satisfied action has been taken and the situation has been rectified.
8.31.4.1.2 A free kick shall be awarded against the offending team taken from the attacking goal square.
8.31.5 Multiple blue cards awarded to the same team.
8.31.5.1 In the event of a second blue card being shown during the game, then the game will stop and
will not restart.

8.31.5.2 Club/player/spectator/official(s) who is responsible for the blue card(s) shall be reported by the
umpire(s) on the Match Day Paperwork app and SJ06 Umpires Incident Report Form. 8.31.5.3 In the event of a premiership game being called off:
8.31.5.3.1 The result shall be deemed a 'forfeit' against the offending team at the discretion of the SANFL Juniors Competition Management, in consultation with the SANFL Juniors Umpire Coordinator.
8.31.5.3.2 In a case in which both teams contribute to the game being called off, no premiership points shall be awarded.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:02 pm

It’s not always abuse that gets these cards.

I’ve seen a blue card given when one bloke who turned to another and said “the other side of the ground saw that as a free”” as roar of “high” was called from the other side umpire was just heard it and paid a blue card.

No swearing, no yelling the umpire just happened to hear the comment
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Can be a club fine.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby watchdog » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Serious sanctions handed out to parents from both Edwardstown and Ingle Farm. Interesting both clubs made false social media statements saying it did not involve parents from their clubs.
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Trader » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 pm

What were the penalties handed out?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:43 pm

The SANFL wishes to advise that its investigation into incidents at a SANFL Juniors Under 17.5 Girls Division 2 match last month has now concluded.

Following the detailed investigation into spectator behaviour following an on-field incident during the match between Edwardstown and Ingle Farm football clubs at Edwardstown Memorial Oval on May 23, the following sanctions have been handed down:

An Ingle Farm FC male parent/spectator, charged with breaching the SANFL Juniors Spectators Code of Conduct for his assault of another spectator and a junior boundary umpire, has received a lifetime ban from attending any SANFL Junior matches. In addition, Ingle Farm Football Club has been fined over this incident, with additional fines to be issued should the offending parent attend any future matches. The same spectator has also been charged by SAPOL for this incident.

An Edwardstown FC female parent/spectator, charged with breaching the SANFL Juniors Spectators Code of Conduct by entering the field of play, verbally abusing Ingle Farm players and engaging with umpires, has been suspended from attending any SANFL Juniors matches for the remainder of the 2021 season. In addition, the Edwardstown Football Club has been fined over this incident, with additional fines to be issued should the offending parent attend any matches during the suspension period.

SANFL General Manager Football Matt Duldig said today:

“SANFL has zero tolerance for anyone who is in breach of our Code of Conduct at junior matches.

In this instance, the severe penalties should serve as a clear warning to all spectators attending junior matches that this type of physical and verbal abuse of players and umpires will not be tolerated.

We have a thriving SANFL Juniors competition with 13,600 players and more than 500 umpiring appointments each week, with the majority of people involved in the game doing the right thing.

As a League, our priority is to protect the wellbeing of young players and umpires, ensuring that junior footy is an enjoyable and quality environment in which the game can be played.”
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:32 pm

So the guy that was videoing the incident is not subject to any further action? I was under the impression that he was allegedly assaulting spectators?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby DOC » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:13 pm

No. He was the one assaulted by the Ingle Farm "oarent".

His son was the boundary umpire who came to his fathers aid.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:The SANFL wishes to advise that its investigation into incidents at a SANFL Juniors Under 17.5 Girls Division 2 match last month has now concluded.

Following the detailed investigation into spectator behaviour following an on-field incident during the match between Edwardstown and Ingle Farm football clubs at Edwardstown Memorial Oval on May 23, the following sanctions have been handed down:

An Ingle Farm FC male parent/spectator, charged with breaching the SANFL Juniors Spectators Code of Conduct for his assault of another spectator and a junior boundary umpire, has received a lifetime ban from attending any SANFL Junior matches. In addition, Ingle Farm Football Club has been fined over this incident, with additional fines to be issued should the offending parent attend any future matches. The same spectator has also been charged by SAPOL for this incident.

An Edwardstown FC female parent/spectator, charged with breaching the SANFL Juniors Spectators Code of Conduct by entering the field of play, verbally abusing Ingle Farm players and engaging with umpires, has been suspended from attending any SANFL Juniors matches for the remainder of the 2021 season. In addition, the Edwardstown Football Club has been fined over this incident, with additional fines to be issued should the offending parent attend any matches during the suspension period.

SANFL General Manager Football Matt Duldig said today:

“SANFL has zero tolerance for anyone who is in breach of our Code of Conduct at junior matches.

In this instance, the severe penalties should serve as a clear warning to all spectators attending junior matches that this type of physical and verbal abuse of players and umpires will not be tolerated.

We have a thriving SANFL Juniors competition with 13,600 players and more than 500 umpiring appointments each week, with the majority of people involved in the game doing the right thing.

As a League, our priority is to protect the wellbeing of young players and umpires, ensuring that junior footy is an enjoyable and quality environment in which the game can be played.”

So both clubs get fined, wonder if the parents will help pay club fine, doubt it ,
walk away it's the clubs problem, and you wonder why it's
hard to get volunteers.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Dols » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:59 pm

Dutchy wrote:So the guy that was videoing the incident is not subject to any further action? I was under the impression that he was allegedly assaulting spectators?
Wrong impression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:06 am

I know Edwardstown were under the spotlight recently in regards to a negative incident but I'd like to say that I was out there yesterday to watch an under 16 match and was most impressed their coach's conduct and sportsmanship.

His team was going into the game as complete underdogs but they hit the ground running and lead at quarter time and then got out to a couple of goal break early in the 2nd before Salisbury North slammed the next 13 goals through.

At the end of the game as the Salisbury North coach was addressing his side and about to do the awards the Edwardstown coach was waiting to the side for a chance to personally address the team, he commented on their conduct on the field, the way they played the game and then wished them all the best for the rest of the season's and told them to go on and win the flag, it was excellent to see, well played sir.

He could've been pissed off that his team took their foot off of the accelerator but no, he was more impressed that Sal. North found the extra gears.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I know Edwardstown were under the spotlight recently in regards to a negative incident but I'd like to say that I was out there yesterday to watch an under 16 match and was most impressed their coach's conduct and sportsmanship.

His team was going into the game as complete underdogs but they hit the ground running and lead at quarter time and then got out to a couple of goal break early in the 2nd before Salisbury North slammed the next 13 goals through.

At the end of the game as the Salisbury North coach was addressing his side and about to do the awards the Edwardstown coach was waiting to the side for a chance to personally address the team, he commented on their conduct on the field, the way they played the game and then wished them all the best for the rest of the season's and told them to go on and win the flag, it was excellent to see, well played sir.

He could've been pissed off that his team took their foot off of the accelerator but no, he was more impressed that Sal. North found the extra gears.

Is that the game Huddo Cluse kicked 7? If so we will he back out at Centrals anytime soon.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League