AFL Round 13

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 13

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:09 am

Bloody good game of footy. Had some smoker cats supporters behind us carrying on like twats. I'm not a fan of that shit no matter which team. Go to the footy and watch the game, carry on a bit but no need to rub it in. Umpiring was ordinary but went both ways. Just always felt we were going to get up in the last and probably should have been 4 goal up 3/4 time if we kicked straight in the 3rd. Bit of a worry for the power. Definitely not a flag contender at the moment but long way to go. Go Cats. I'm finishing off this bottle of red and off to bed. Gotta be back in Berri at 10 for golf. Met a couple lads tonight too. Valleys and lightning. ******* boony too the **** sitting right behind me. Good to watch the boys have a win. PS everyone who rags Hawkins, **** he does some shit in that forward line other than kicking goals. I love watching him at boundary throw ins. He's the master. Nukkenya.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 am

I only saw the first 3 qtrs.
I was quite happy with our output up until that stage especially coming off the bye..
Will watch last qtr today.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 am

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Wedgie makes an appearance on screen just now!

Surely not. I got a warning for calling someone a dickhead in the first 30 seconds of the game so am on best behaviour.
Have had Dixon in tears a few time, what a legend he is.
Fun game to be at, not expecting anything as the Cats only win 5% of games I'm at.

Definitely you behind the Cats goals in the first quarter. You were on your feet after a Geelong goal. Camera zoomed right in on you. You had your Cats rig on, couldn’t quite make out the number on your back. Was it 119?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:27 am

I've underrated Hawkins for far too long...….he is a bloody jet.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:27 am

Bum Crack wrote:Bloody good game of footy. Had some smoker cats supporters behind us carrying on like twats. I'm not a fan of that shit no matter which team. Go to the footy and watch the game, carry on a bit but no need to rub it in. Umpiring was ordinary but went both ways. Just always felt we were going to get up in the last and probably should have been 4 goal up 3/4 time if we kicked straight in the 3rd. Bit of a worry for the power. Definitely not a flag contender at the moment but long way to go. Go Cats. I'm finishing off this bottle of red and off to bed. Gotta be back in Berri at 10 for golf. Met a couple lads tonight too. Valleys and lightning. ******* boony too the **** sitting right behind me. Good to watch the boys have a win. PS everyone who rags Hawkins, **** he does some shit in that forward line other than kicking goals. I love watching him at boundary throw ins. He's the master. Nukkenya.

How the f*** did you write that at 2 o'clock, you were sucking down the reds at half time of the footy, you're a machine.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:30 am

whufc wrote:I've underrated Hawkins for far too long...….he is a bloody jet.

Having another big fella down there has helped his game big time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Bloody good game of footy. Had some smoker cats supporters behind us carrying on like twats. I'm not a fan of that shit no matter which team. Go to the footy and watch the game, carry on a bit but no need to rub it in. Umpiring was ordinary but went both ways. Just always felt we were going to get up in the last and probably should have been 4 goal up 3/4 time if we kicked straight in the 3rd. Bit of a worry for the power. Definitely not a flag contender at the moment but long way to go. Go Cats. I'm finishing off this bottle of red and off to bed. Gotta be back in Berri at 10 for golf. Met a couple lads tonight too. Valleys and lightning. ******* boony too the **** sitting right behind me. Good to watch the boys have a win. PS everyone who rags Hawkins, **** he does some shit in that forward line other than kicking goals. I love watching him at boundary throw ins. He's the master. Nukkenya.

How the f*** did you write that at 2 o'clock, you were sucking down the reds at half time of the footy, you're a machine.

Must have been the feast we had at BBQ City yesty. Lined the stomach.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:31 am

After one of their best wins in years beating Richmond they are now back to having question marks over their ability to beat the good sides.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:16 am

am Bays wrote:Port 26 free kicks to 23, not sure umpiring is the difference in tonight’s game.

I felt most of the free kicks appeared there, didn't have a lot of issue.. my only concerns:

Umpires seemed to change when they wanted to let "the game go" and when they pulled out very soft free kicks. Selwood (3rd) and Dangerfield (4th) both flopped on the ball and were given an eternity to get rid of it, then there were a couple (Farrell?) and Jonas that were tackled instantly and deemed not to have enough intent.

The free kick count in the last quarter seemed to go through the roof - Port gifted 3 goals from free kicks early, then denied a couple with free kicks.. just seemed the whistle constantly being blown. One that surprised me, was a Ladhams throw - called by the umpire in the centre square who was behind Ladhams, when the other umpire was 5m from Ladhams and in front.

The umpiring over the 4 quarters was confusing both ways - you know it is when players have to ask the umpire constantly whose free kick it is.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bandit » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:I've underrated Hawkins for far too long...….he is a bloody jet.

Having another big fella down there has helped his game big time.

His work rate for his last goal in the square was amazing for someone his size, and when they showed the most ground covered stat in 3rd qtr he was 2nd on the list!
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:23 am

Armchair expert wrote:Ports bottom 6 not up to standard that was the difference really

Glaringly obvious when it comes to good opposition too.

I like Woodcock, but he runs around like a headless chook and his decision making / foot skills leave a lot to be desired.

Bonner is deadset weak as piss and jumps at shadows.
Farrell might be elite by foot when he gets it, but he doesn't get it nearly enough and he's not far off the Bonner category with shadows.
Motlop is Motlop and continues to be incredibly frustrating.
Jones might be a kid but he's got really hard hands - needs to be cleaner, and similar to Woodcock seems to run around like a headless chook.

Aliir's use by foot on the shorter kicks is terrible - twice he failed to him a simple 20m pass to a free player.

I'm not sure DBJ is in great form either.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am

Went as a neutral last night in some very good seats in the South Eastern area. Geelong set up very well behind the footy and they really backed their team mates to win the one on one contest by not messing around and kicking it long - From there Geelong and their work rate to get to those one on ones was streets ahead and I was really impressed personally. Going the other way Port really struggled with fluency moving forward all night and it never looked easy for them. Apart from the brilliance of CR in the first Port are lucky it wasn’t more in the end I thought as Geelong also missed some sitters in the 3rd. Port with some work to do.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:44 am

The Bedge wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Ports bottom 6 not up to standard that was the difference really

Glaringly obvious when it comes to good opposition too.

I like Woodcock, but he runs around like a headless chook and his decision making / foot skills leave a lot to be desired.

Bonner is deadset weak as piss and jumps at shadows.
Farrell might be elite by foot when he gets it, but he doesn't get it nearly enough and he's not far off the Bonner category with shadows.
Motlop is Motlop and continues to be incredibly frustrating.
Jones might be a kid but he's got really hard hands - needs to be cleaner, and similar to Woodcock seems to run around like a headless chook.

Aliir's use by foot on the shorter kicks is terrible - twice he failed to him a simple 20m pass to a free player.

I'm not sure DBJ is in great form either.
Reckon DBJ has had a pretty poor year and his credits in the bank must be running low. Agree about Bonner, softer than butter on a 40 degree day.
Not panic stations for Port though, still playing some good footy in patches and missing a stack of quality players.
Even though Marshall has been pretty poor IMO his early lost hurt the structure big time. Can’t let the opposition take so many marks inside their defensive 50.
Will belt the Suns next week and then possibly get a couple back for the Swans
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:51 am

Crikey, I've made 7AFLs Facebook feed and have almost 3k likes on just adelaide things on instagram. :oops:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:01 am

Wedgie wrote:Crikey, I've made 7AFLs Facebook feed and have almost 3k likes on just adelaide things on instagram. :oops:

Was that the 119 guernsey?
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:04 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:04 am

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Crikey, I've made 7AFLs Facebook feed and have almost 3k likes on just adelaide things on instagram. :oops:

Maybe....... :oops:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:09 am

Don’t get to the footy often but managed my 1 game for the season last night and thoroughly enjoyed catching up with mates and watching the game in the flesh. Tom Stewart one of my favourite players in the comp, thought Henry’s game was impressive and spent a fair bit of time watching Ratagolea (sp?) and Ladhams who are both seriously athletically gifted. Hawkins and Cameron awesome to watch obviously too.

As others have said Ports bottom 6 look too far short of those in rival finals aspirants. Thought they really missed a fit and healthy Hartlett (whether we’ll ever see that again I don’t know), and Butters and Duursma can’t get back quick enough. Bergman looks a goer.

Turned out a perfect night for footy and the two clubs put on a suitably decent spectacle.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:18 am

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Overweight, middle aged bloke wearing a football guernsey AND jeans.
Just broken a whole list of Morell’s rules :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Overweight, middle aged bloke wearing a football guernsey AND jeans.
Just broken a whole list of Morell’s rules :)

Which part of that offends you the most Wedgie?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL