HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Association players had to give back their shorts and socks after Saturdays game :roll:

I thought they would normally do that anyway.

Yeah, only ever got keep their jumper if they won the Lovelock Shield back in the day
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Saw the video highlights of the mt barker v Bridgewater game at the new summitt oval. Was interesting to see the quagmire in the middle of the ground. The rest of the oval appeared to be on but wow that centre square looked really bad. Not what youd expect for the amount if $$s pumped into it.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Barkeroo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Saw the video highlights of the mt barker v Bridgewater game at the new summitt oval. Was interesting to see the quagmire in the middle of the ground. The rest of the oval appeared to be on but wow that centre square looked really bad. Not what youd expect for the amount if $$s pumped into it.

Yeah pretty average around the centre square. I've been around a couple of clubs that have had new ovals built in WA and they've been similar for the first 2-3 seasons until it settles a bit more. One had a concrete pitch and faired a bit better than the one that had a turf pitch.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:58 pm

Barkeroo wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:Saw the video highlights of the mt barker v Bridgewater game at the new summitt oval. Was interesting to see the quagmire in the middle of the ground. The rest of the oval appeared to be on but wow that centre square looked really bad. Not what youd expect for the amount if $$s pumped into it.

Yeah pretty average around the centre square. I've been around a couple of clubs that have had new ovals built in WA and they've been similar for the first 2-3 seasons until it settles a bit more. One had a concrete pitch and faired a bit better than the one that had a turf pitch.

Any oval that has a Turf pitch square in the middle that has 50 mm of rain leading up to the match is gonna cut up like that in the middle.
Just the way it is.
The square appearing to be basically dead flat with the surrounding outfield is the biggest concern as the rain is just gonna pool on it.
All pitch squares should be slightly higher than it's surrounding.
ive heard rumors the developers of the project didn't get their levels right when installing the pitch square and the result of that is that wet weather im either footy or cricket season will cause more problems that what it should.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:My lad is playing 18's at Kangarilla this year and have been really enjoying the HFL experience so far.

They went from 6 players in January to now having nearly 30, have a number of 15 & 16yo's and are the only Div 2 team in the comp, got convincingly beaten in their 1st 2 games, but have now won 4 of their last 5 and sit 5th.

The canteens and BBQ's are next level also! :D

Update - After being smashed in Round 2 by 80 points to Lofty the Kangy boys reversed the result on the weekend and won by 25.

As for a canteen update - Nairne have the best chips and gravy I've sampled so far 8.5/10
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:00 pm

cracka wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Association players had to give back their shorts and socks after Saturdays game :roll:

I thought they would normally do that anyway.

Yeah, only ever got keep their jumper if they won the Lovelock Shield back in the day

Any of the Hills blokes playing on the weekend? Arguably strongest country comp should have some representation.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Toto » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:38 am

Not as much as we should! Could have 6-7 from Hahndorf, Jaensch, Cheney, Salt, Petrenko, Williams, Hayden. Add Fuller and Riley from Lobethal, Amato from Uraidla, Powell and Hourigan from Nairne, would all walk up start for the country champs but aren’t playing. And that’s just off the top of my head.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby marbles » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:36 pm

what is all this stuff im reading about a courier cup, is that like the minor premiership or something
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 pm

marbles wrote:what is all this stuff im reading about a courier cup, is that like the minor premiership or something

Years age it used to be a pre season night competition. Now it's just the top 2 after the first half of the season play off for the cup when they next meet
cracka
Veteran

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Any news from the HFL? Other leagues putting the season back a week.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Justquietly » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:39 am

The Devs won’t beat Hahndorf today but I expect a pretty good hit out, with Lofty carrying a bit of confidence after some good pre-Covid break wins.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:28 pm

Justquietly wrote:The Devs won’t beat Hahndorf today but I expect a pretty good hit out, with Lofty carrying a bit of confidence after some good pre-Covid break wins.

Score board shows they were in it and Hahndorf coached gave them some praise on their FB interview ( which is a great insight btw into their coach and club) , replay shows terrible conditions. I thought they spent truck loads of money on upgrading the surface? Looks as bad if not worse than previously. Would hate to see how bad it would have been if there was a game played on it 2 weeks ago. The council’s really need to look at ground surfaces. Slippery is one thing but boggy is another.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Milkman101 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:15 am

So now finals are here is there anyone thinking there will be any surprises during finals? Anyone beating Hahndorf? A grade or B grade?
Milkman101
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:33 am

Milkman101 wrote:So now finals are here is there anyone thinking there will be any surprises during finals? Anyone beating Hahndorf? A grade or B grade?

No a snowflakes chance in hell in the A's. Their B's have lost 3 (twice to Mt Barker) by bugger all margins, but I think when the crunch comes they'll win it fairly easily again.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Toto » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:35 am

I’m with Cracka. I think the gap has widened this year in the A grade, while most of the rest of the comp is super even and great to see. No one is beating them this year, rested 8-9 last week against Uri (who I think has the best chance to get close) and still won by 10 goal. Most exciting part will be who gets the chance to have a crack at them on the last day, all 4 of the other sides capable of knocking each other off, Onkas seem to have hit their straps at the right time, think they’ll knock a couple sides out.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Toto wrote:I’m with Cracka. I think the gap has widened this year in the A grade, while most of the rest of the comp is super even and great to see. No one is beating them this year, rested 8-9 last week against Uri (who I think has the best chance to get close) and still won by 10 goal. Most exciting part will be who gets the chance to have a crack at them on the last day, all 4 of the other sides capable of knocking each other off, Onkas seem to have hit their straps at the right time, think they’ll knock a couple sides out.

Agree. I think the best Hills matches of the season will be played on September 11. Divy 2 is also super even and the GF promises to be a beauty. As will the Div 1 Prelim Final. Unfortunately they're all playing for second prize in Div 1.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Uraidla beat Lobethal by 10 goals :shock:
cracka
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Was that a Hills B Grade game doing the rounds on channel 7 atm?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Keefy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Was that a Hills B Grade game doing the rounds on channel 7 atm?
Looks like Blackwood v Mt Barker

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Keefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Was that a Hills B Grade game doing the rounds on channel 7 atm?
Looks like Blackwood v Mt Barker

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There's no 31 listed for Blackwood though?

Must be an old game as it was at Blackwood.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy