R13 Central v Port Saturday 2.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 Central v Port Saturday 2.10

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:47 pm

UK Fan wrote:Definition of dumb. Pick the same blokes who make the same simple mistakes and expect a different result.

We have 4-5 In our 22 that Simply aren’t up to it iMHO

I think it's more like 8 or 9 that would struggle to get a game at any other club.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby northerner » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:54 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
northerner wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Kick straight we win .What about the reaction of that spud Garner after the siren and he is an average spud at that.How can Westhoff spend 95% of the game on the ground and not be told by the umpires to get off.

Yes not Garners finest moment. Just shone a light on himself for all the wrong reasons.

Again a most impressive effort from our backlines. Llewellyn is in great nick since his recon, and Neagle, Weaver and Morton all vying for Most Improved as the season progresses. Aleer given license to compete.

Looked much better when Fort is in the ruck. But also needing him to compete up front.

Get his brother back next year hopefully.
Fu**ing annoying in circumstances like this.
I know it's all been said before but if We had a salary cap of $1million, we'd win every week.

Frasers bro and also Neagles bro Jydon... just those two would make a big difference. And we could do with a consistent clean skilled small forward.
That would round us out nicely.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 428 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:57 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
northerner wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Kick straight we win .What about the reaction of that spud Garner after the siren and he is an average spud at that.How can Westhoff spend 95% of the game on the ground and not be told by the umpires to get off.

Yes not Garners finest moment. Just shone a light on himself for all the wrong reasons.

Again a most impressive effort from our backlines. Llewellyn is in great nick since his recon, and Neagle, Weaver and Morton all vying for Most Improved as the season progresses. Aleer given license to compete.

Looked much better when Fort is in the ruck. But also needing him to compete up front.

I know it's all been said before but if We had a salary cap of $1million, we'd win every week.
Except if every other team had a salary cap of $1m aswell ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Jim05 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
northerner wrote:

Except if every other team had a salary cap of $1m aswell ;)

you know what I mean :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Maggies2002 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:51 pm

Name the players that wouldn't get a game elsewhere?

I'm sure west would take them
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Booney » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:38 am

Ports. :lol:

Scrubbers. :(
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:04 am

Booney wrote:Ports. :lol:

Scrubbers. :(

Watching the last qtr last night I found it hard to tell the difference!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:19 am

NO AFL IN THE SANFL!! :evil: :evil:
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby beef » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:20 am

Maggies2002 wrote:Name the players that wouldn't get a game elsewhere?

Apart from West I don't think any of these players get games at sturt north eagles Glenelg Norwood or south
Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 252 times

Postby bulldogproud » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:31 am

beef wrote:

Apart from West I don't think any of these players get games at sturt north eagles Glenelg Norwood or south
Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Beef, I am stunned by some of those names.
Harry Grant has been our best player in a number of games this season; Dylan Morton has been very reliable down back all season; Dylan Weaver has been a consistently good member of our backline; Coooper Dahms is an extremely talented young player; Nick Gillard was best on ground only a couple of weeks ago; Ryan Llellewyn has been important since coming back from a really bad injury. The only one on that list whom I think may struggle is Johnathon Marsh but there are far worse players in the league than him.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:09 am

bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Harry Grant has been our best player in a number of games this season; Dylan Morton has been very reliable down back all season; Dylan Weaver has been a consistently good member of our backline; Coooper Dahms is an extremely talented young player; Nick Gillard was best on ground only a couple of weeks ago; Ryan Llellewyn has been important since coming back from a really bad injury. The only one on that list whom I think may struggle is Johnathon Marsh but there are far worse players in the league than him.
Cheers

Where is Montgomery? Did he leave the club this season? I saw him play against the Eagles twice last year and each time thought he was a very good player - read the play very well and was constantly taking that intercept mark.

I too was stunned to see dogs lose once again after leading for most of three quarters. Seems to be a constant theme for the better part of two years being either in front or neck and neck with the opposing team then having one bad quarter blow it. Would be immensely frustrating for the supporters and I'm sure for the players themselves. But it does show that they aren't too far away. I don't buy into the argument that the players are so much worse than those from other clubs if they can break even for three quarters. Not sure exactly what it comes down to but I assume a massive part of it is confidence and experience. Eventually the club will string together the former and confidence will rise and these bad quarters will fad away. The latter is more difficult and it is about keeping the bulk of this existing group together for 3-4 years not doing wholesale purges at the end of each year. But I agree this is a tough ask and is more about having the players buy into a vision so they maintain the desire to stick around. In this regard it is the coach that plays the most important role. I have no idea how highly regarded Thomas is by the players but if he is held in high regard then the players will stick around
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby beef » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:27 am

bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Cheers

Some have been good for centrals in game but doesn't mean they are good enough to get games in better teams. Just my opinion and some have improved but still not good enough for other teams. Not a dig at the players and they are getting the most out of their ability but just not good enough.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 252 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:28 am

A few tweaks and we're right back in it.
Firstly, and sorry Marshy, but we need another ruckman, he's our only one & he just doesn't do much with the ball IF he gets it.
Secondly, our goal kicking is appalling,
we get the ball stacks but don't have a focal point & because of this, we are constantly either blazing away or going out wide.
If we had a big bloke up front (where are you Dallas, still injured??), I'm sure we'd convert a lot more often than not.
I might do a bit of research & work out our goals v points conversion rate.
We lost to West earlier in the year because we didn't kick a goal in the second half, instead we kicked something like 11 points in a row, look at yesterday, 6 goals 12, to 9 goals 3, Port kicked 5 straight in the last quarter & the game was done.
And finally, we need a beast in the guts, similar to Holman.
If Fort & Neagle return next year that will make a massive difference.
We recruited 8 players this season, 2 have taken off & Hill is injured,
Grace is turning out to be a very good player & one that we MUST retain.
The others are borderline A grade players at the moment.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:59 am

beef wrote:

Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

I would respectfully suggest you havent seen much of our games lately.
The defence has been outstanding and Llewellyn Weaver and Morton (along with Neagle and Aleer) have been very impressive. All are courageous and all win more than their fair share of one on one's. All 3 have stepped up and our inability to win hasn't been through their lack of ability. Indeed they have collectively ensured we haven't been belted.
northerner
Reserves

Postby northerner » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Cheers

Where is Montgomery? Did he leave the club this season? I saw him play against the Eagles twice last year and each time thought he was a very good player - read the play very well and was constantly taking that intercept mark.

I too was stunned to see dogs lose once again after leading for most of three quarters. Seems to be a constant theme for the better part of two years being either in front or neck and neck with the opposing team then having one bad quarter blow it. Would be immensely frustrating for the supporters and I'm sure for the players themselves. But it does show that they aren't too far away. I don't buy into the argument that the players are so much worse than those from other clubs if they can break even for three quarters. Not sure exactly what it comes down to but I assume a massive part of it is confidence and experience. Eventually the club will string together the former and confidence will rise and these bad quarters will fad away. The latter is more difficult and it is about keeping the bulk of this existing group together for 3-4 years not doing wholesale purges at the end of each year. But I agree this is a tough ask and is more about having the players buy into a vision so they maintain the desire to stick around. In this regard it is the coach that plays the most important role. I have no idea how highly regarded Thomas is by the players but if he is held in high regard then the players will stick around

Rhett copped a knee injury. He is due to return in 3 weeks.
northerner
Reserves

Postby bullydog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Ben nason gone? a B nason played for Gaza yesterday
bullydog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby bullydog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:19 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Like who ?

an old saying is the fish rots from the head, there are some high up and some officials on the sideline who think they are the coach.
bullydog
Mini-League

Postby bullydog » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:26 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
bullydog wrote:I don't care how small or young the players are, when you are at home and leading you should not lose. nothing has changed with a different coach. too many at the club living on past glories and hopefully at seasons end they will depart.

Including some "supporters" I hope.
Lots has changed with a new coach.

I have followed the club for about 50 years and if I have an opinion I will say it. so what's changed with the coach then? it seems to me we were mediocre before the premiership run and some fans are happy to be mediocre again. she'll be right we're building for next year. in case some have forgotten we last won a flag in 2010. since then it's been downhill. if you're happy with that good luck to you.
bullydog
Mini-League

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:27 pm

Classy effort by Central to play My Boomerang Won't Come Back at half time of Indigenous Round!

WTF!? :lol:

Central District apologises for racist song played during SANFL Indigenous Round clash, says it was ‘an error’

Central District has apologised after an offensive song was played during the Indigenous Round clash against Port Adelaide.

The playing of an offensive song in the halftime break of Saturday’s SANFL Indigenous Round clash between Port Adelaide and Central District was an “entirely unintentional mistake”.

Central District Football Club chief executive Kris Grant said the club was “deeply sorry” for any offence or distress the playing of 1961 song My Boomerang Won’t Come Back may have caused to anyone.

He said it was an “entirely unintentional mistake” the song was played and it was simply chosen on the day because of its title.

The song, by UK comedian Charlie Drake, was banned by ABC Radio in 2015 complaints about its racist lyrics.

An offended spectator contacted the Sunday Mail just after the song had played at Elizabeth Oval, Central District’s home ground.

Mr Grant said though an unintended error, the club acknowledged the song “was wrong and offensive”.

He said the match day had otherwise been a fantastic celebration of SANFL’s Indigenous Round, in which the club acknowledged the outstanding contribution of Indigenous players past and present.

SANFL chief Darren Chandler also apologised on behalf of the league.

“We have spoken to the club and the decision to play the song was made only with good intentions,” he said.

“All of our clubs, including the Central District Football Club, have worked extremely hard to embrace Indigenous Round.”
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:38 pm

beef wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
beef wrote:

Marsh
Haydon
Grant
Lleyellwen
Weaver
Dahms
Pisani
Morton
Olsson
Gillard

Cheers

Some have been good for centrals in game but doesn't mean they are good enough to get games in better teams. Just my opinion and some have improved but still not good enough for other teams. Not a dig at the players and they are getting the most out of their ability but just not good enough.

The skill level of a few of the guys mentioned are horrible......Morton and Grant are usually good with the footy.
Dahms and Gillard are 2 of the worst left footers I've seen,even Ingo was better.
Llewellyn competes well every week and does his job.
Marsh has taken 16 marks this season which is not good enough.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL