No votes
WOS
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

Postby whiteclawbaby » Fri May 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
beef wrote:Flinders park with a good inclusion. Dakota Nixon named from North Adelaide (reserves magarey medallist)

Is he a Flinders Park junior?

No. FP played with just the 3 points on the park last week and those 3 points were Nixon.

With all the articles and what not you’d think Flinders Park have picked up Gary Ablett Jnr!!
whiteclawbaby
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Sedan-Cambrai

Postby Pag » Sun May 30, 2021 11:40 am

Went down to Hartley Rd and watched Flinders Park v Golden Grove yesterday.

Cracker game of footy, good setup FP have now with the new change room building closer to the clubrooms (handy temporary bar under there too). Massive day with a 2011 flag reunion. Plenty $$$ changing hands, reckon FP’s bar would’ve been close to empty last night.

The game itself was as good as you’d hope for 1 v 2, FP should’ve been well in front at 1/4 time with the majority of the play but wasted some chances. GG had the majority of the possession in the 2nd but didn’t look overly dangerous and FP took their chances and led by four goals at half time.

GG absolutely dominated the third, complete one way traffic. Looked like only one winner when they went in a goal up at 3/4 time. Credit to FP, found a way to regain the ascendancy in the last. Took a long time for them to break through for a goal, ball was pinned into their forward half for 10-15 mins, but once they got one the next two came quickly and despite Shaw’s goal late, FP hung on. Great game of footy.

Thought Richards, Schwarz and Cousins were the best three for FP. Pitman, Walker and Barmby for GG.

Best thing I saw all day though was the way some GG supporters and a FP official handled an incident in the crowd that could’ve got rather nasty. Both parties handled it really calmly, but were strong in their actions. Don’t wanna go into too much detail but as a neutral I walked away with some more respect for both clubs for the way it was dealt with.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby whiteclawbaby » Sun May 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Pag wrote:Went down to Hartley Rd and watched Flinders Park v Golden Grove yesterday.

Cracker game of footy, good setup FP have now with the new change room building closer to the clubrooms (handy temporary bar under there too). Massive day with a 2011 flag reunion. Plenty $$$ changing hands, reckon FP’s bar would’ve been close to empty last night.

The game itself was as good as you’d hope for 1 v 2, FP should’ve been well in front at 1/4 time with the majority of the play but wasted some chances. GG had the majority of the possession in the 2nd but didn’t look overly dangerous and FP took their chances and led by four goals at half time.

GG absolutely dominated the third, complete one way traffic. Looked like only one winner when they went in a goal up at 3/4 time. Credit to FP, found a way to regain the ascendancy in the last. Took a long time for them to break through for a goal, ball was pinned into their forward half for 10-15 mins, but once they got one the next two came quickly and despite Shaw’s goal late, FP hung on. Great game of footy.

Thought Richards, Schwarz and Cousins were the best three for FP. Pitman, Walker and Barmby for GG.

Best thing I saw all day though was the way some GG supporters and a FP official handled an incident in the crowd that could’ve got rather nasty. Both parties handled it really calmly, but were strong in their actions. Don’t wanna go into too much detail but as a neutral I walked away with some more respect for both clubs for the way it was dealt with.

Let’s not beat around the bush here. The issue was race related which is why the GG fans were upset. Clearly not and indictment of FP as a whole club but it really isn’t a good look. Hope punishments are handed down to stop it from happening again.
whiteclawbaby
Mini-League

Postby Pag » Sun May 30, 2021 6:14 pm

whiteclawbaby wrote:
Pag wrote:Went down to Hartley Rd and watched Flinders Park v Golden Grove yesterday.

Let’s not beat around the bush here. The issue was race related which is why the GG fans were upset. Clearly not and indictment of FP as a whole club but it really isn’t a good look. Hope punishments are handed down to stop it from happening again.

I did state the FP president handled it really well when it was brought to his attention, as it was from the GG supporters who were really calm and measured when reporting it.

I wasn’t standing too far away from the resulting conversation and from what I could tell, the guilty party admitted they had said the wrong thing (not tolerable under any circumstance regardless), and was instructed to immediately leave the venue by the FP official (someone may correct me if I’m wrong).

Outside of the idiotic individual who made the remark, I was acknowledging the great work of the other people involved.
Pag
Coach

Postby Dols » Sun May 30, 2021 7:12 pm

whiteclawbaby wrote:

Can you change your racist name please. White supremacy is not welcome in this forum.

A more neutral colour to describe your claw would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whiteclawbaby » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Did CBC actually beat North Haven or is there a mistake with the score entering? Massive for CBC if they did get up!
whiteclawbaby
Mini-League

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 pm

whiteclawbaby wrote:Did CBC actually beat North Haven or is there a mistake with the score entering? Massive for CBC if they did get up!

flogged them from what I saw.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby bubba love » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:26 am

Up the dolphins
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Sass! » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:39 am

Couple of decent wins in a row for the Dolphins. They picked a few up late or got a few back from injury? North Haven are a pretty handy scalp!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:18 pm

Sass! wrote:Couple of decent wins in a row for the Dolphins. They picked a few up late or got a few back from injury? North Haven are a pretty handy scalp!

I think you’ll find Havens underestimated them by resting some good players for the game.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Sass! wrote:Couple of decent wins in a row for the Dolphins. They picked a few up late or got a few back from injury? North Haven are a pretty handy scalp!

I think you’ll find Havens underestimated them by resting some good players for the game.

:lol: Surely not? Off the back of the bye round.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby bubba love » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:49 pm

Didn’t rest any, had a bunch out legitimately injured, side we put out was better than what they dished up though
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby bubba love » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:38 pm

Ben nason to gaza!
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby Sticks28 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:00 am

You really wouldn't want to be playing Gaza in the first week of the finals think they can cause some serious danger even if they finish 4th or 5th - Golden grove are nearly unbeatable down at Harpers Field - going to be an interesting few weeks with Golden Grove Vs Modbury at Modbury that will be a huge game & i assume will have a huge crowd there aswell.
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:12 am

How is Modbury Oval holding up? Heading out there Sunday
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:21 am

Haven't been there for a few years, but last time I was it had come on leaps and bounds from where it was 10 years ago after heavy rains.

It's not Adelaide Oval, but remains a perfectly fine playing surface in the weather.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:22 am

Dutchy wrote:How is Modbury Oval holding up? Heading out there Sunday

I think we'll kick 'downstream' in the first quarter. ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am

jo172 wrote:Haven't been there for a few years, but last time I was it had come on leaps and bounds from where it was 10 years ago after heavy rains.

It's not Adelaide Oval, but remains a perfectly fine playing surface in the weather.

I've only been associated with Modbury for a half dozen years and yes it's much better than what it used to be. I'm heading out there tonight for the junior games and expect it to be pretty chopped up come time for the A grade.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Pag » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:28 pm

Watched Modbury v GG there today. I’d be making a point to buy some new white shorts during the week if you’re son/daughter is playing there tomorrow. And it still had a women’s game to go when I left after the A grade. Good luck.
Last edited by Pag on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Pag wrote:

Watched Modbury v GG there today. I’d be making a point to buy some new white shorts during the week if you’re son/daughter is playing there tomorrow. And it a till had a women’s game to go when I left after the A grade. Good luck.

haha great, its the last game tomorrow also :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League