R15 Central v Sturt Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R15 Central v Sturt Saturday 1410

Postby DOC » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Both teams losers last week.

Centrals won this one by 10 points first time which ended a winning streak of 11.

Biggest out for either side is for Sturt who lose their runner due to suspension.

I have been impressed by Sturt over the last month and despite losing last week I think they can bounce back here.

Sturt by 2 goals.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: R15 Central v Sturt Saturday 1410

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Doggies TEam

https://cdfc.com.au/news/league-round-1 ... lection-2/

OUT: Dew Ollson Habel

IN: Linke East Kennedy
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby DOC » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:51 pm

CENTRAL

Central District co-captain Luke Habel is a surprise omission for the clash with Sturt at X Convenience Oval.

The loyal Bulldogs defender is one of three players sent back to the Reserves in the wake of the Bulldogs’ 48-point loss to North last round.

Forward Chris Olsson and midfielder Brendan Dew have also been cut as six players were included into the 25-man squad.

Among them are Shay Linke and Brett Kennedy, who have both been named to start at half-forward.

Rhys Cannizzaro, Ethan East, David Haydon and Tom Graham have also been included on the seven-man extended interchange bench.

League

F: Mclean, Fort, Grace

HF: S. Linke, T. Schiller, Kennedy

C: Shaw, Pisani, Barreau

HB: Weaver, Presbury, M. Neagle

B: Di Stefano, Alleer, Llewellyn

R: Marsh, Hoskin, J. Schiller

INT: Cannizzaro, East, Gillard, Graham, Grant, Haydon, Morton

IN: Cannizzaro, East, Haydon, Graham, Kennedy, S. Linke

OUT: Dew, Habel, Olsson

Reserves
Graham, Tidswell, Olsson, Cannizzaro, Habel, Hahn, Lange, Patterson, McDonald, Dahms, O’Brien, Iles, Brown, Mondello, Thomson, Copperstone, Haydon, Ryan, Rigney, Tippins, De Jonge

Under-18
Grubb, Ross, Vidal, Wilson, Poulton, Tattoli, Ratcliff, Wall, Hahn, Kohlhagen, Kotsano, Clements, Reed, Krieg, Schmidtke, Pyman, Haynes, Nelson, Carreno, E. McCabe, T. Linke, Matz, Deakin, Tuck

STURT

Sturt forward Anzac Lochowiak will make his League debut against Central at X Convenience Oval.

The elusive goalsneak (20, 184cm and 85kg) has kicked nine goals in the past three Reserves matches, bagging a total of 23 for the season.

Lochowiak has been joined in the 25-man squad by Josh Shute and Joel Parker-Boers on the seven-man extended interchange bench.

Captain James Battersby will play his 150th League game and defender Sam Wundke will line up in his 50th.

League

F: J. Hone, A. Lochowiak, Patullo

HF: Trenorden, Houlahan, Slimming

C: Thiele, Lewis, Crocker

HB: Carey, Wundke, Voss

B: Page, Edmonds, Coomblas

R: Fahey-Sparks, Davis, Battersby

INT: Dakin, Illman, Penfold, Parker, Shute, Burrows, Parker-Boers

IN: A. Lochowiak, Parker-Boers, Shute

NEW: Anzac Lochowiak (Payneham)

MILESTONE – 150 games – James Battersby, 50 games – Sam Wundke

Reserves
J. Lochowiak, T. Hone, How, Taylor, Doyle, Richards, M. Lochowiak, Sutcliffe, Emmett, DeZylva, Grundy, Hein, Thomas, Grivell, Holland, Wingard, Walter, Manuell, Jefferies

Under-18
F: Aish, Packer, Hortle
HF: J. Davies, Fidge, Slade
C: Harvey, Taylor, Tucker
HB: Bawden, Jordans, Holt
B: Carruthers, Quartermaine, Gibson

R: Thredgold, Dwyer, Sadler
INT: McEntee, Stagg, Pope, O’Callaghan, Reschke, Reilly
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:15 am

Probably says a fair bit about where we are at when the captain isn't even holding his spot. Wouldn't be too many captains dropped over the years you would think.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:44 am

Geez, dropping the captain is a big call.

A question for the Dogs faithful out there that I've been meaning to ask for a while - has the change of coach form last year made any difference?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 am

Magellan wrote:Geez, dropping the captain is a big call.

A question for the Dogs faithful out there that I've been meaning to ask for a while - has the change of coach form last year made any difference?

Supposedly internally it has, got to be honest from the outside the performance results don't look to have changed much at all. The very odd win against a top 5 side followed some ordinary performances and then a few good wins against sides on our level.

Lots of chop and changes in the side from one week to the next. I would be interested to hear from those that watch closer if they could list what players have improved significantly this year. Personally im struggling to think of too many. A few of the recruits look like they are genuinely SANFL quality which is a positive.
whufc
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:19 am

Plenty to like about Sturt's side, namely:

Anzac Lochowiak - expected to harness the gun-toting WW1 digger spirit, particularly if he can combine with Shute and Burrows. (I note there's a couple of other Lochowiaks in the twos, I'm keen to find out their first names as well).

Parker-Boers - lending support to Fahey-Sparks, thus keeping the Sturt two-surname eastern suburbs cliche thing alive. Whether they can add QC before retirement is the big question.

Dakin - a very cool and well conditioned player.

Parker - will probably drop out of the squad, I heard he'll be driving Lady Penelope to Royal Ascot.

Penfold - something to do with wine or Danger Mouse.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby robranisgod » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:38 am

Sturt famously did it for the 2002 Grand Final. Worked out well for the club but not for the captain.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby TDJ44 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:29 am

No difference at all,if anything we are worse than last year.
Same selections,picking too many small players.
Playing marsh in the ruck the entire season is a joke,he would struggle to get a game in opposition reserves sides.
Should be playing Fort in the ruck with Jakob Thomson getting some league experience.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:20 pm

TDJ44 wrote:

No difference at all,if anything we are worse than last year.
Same selections,picking too many small players.
Playing marsh in the ruck the entire season is a joke,he would struggle to get a game in opposition reserves sides.
Should be playing Fort in the ruck with Jakob Thomson getting some league experience.

Yeah its a real worrying time for us I think. It's really early to be making judgements on Thommo but I have to admit I was hoping that he would have got more out of the playing group than he is. We saw that amazing round 1 win and thought geez this is an inspired team who are desperate, hungry and really have a will to win and play for the coach.

Sadly that only last the next two quarters of football when we were up by 5 goal or something against Port to then lose.

Since then its almost been a carbon copy of recent seasons in particular the continuation of one absolute horrendous quarter costing us games.
whufc
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Feel a bit for Thommo because we obviously dont have enough players of league standard,with the fadeouts we inevitably have in every game shows that the players either are incapable of putting together 4 qtrs .It happens far to often .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Strut by 23pts.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:10 pm

With the notable exception of last week, our defence has performed well this year. Our midfield, with the Schiller boys and Harry Grant, will always be competitive. Where we struggle is up forward. Unfortunately we haven't been able to cover the loss of the following this year: Troy and Dan Menzel, Isaya MacKenzie, Ryan Falkenberg and John Butcher. If we had retained at least two of these, we would probably be playing finals. As it is, Aidan Grace has been our one shining light up forward. However, I don't think there are many teams that would have been able to cover the loss of those five forwards... add the fact that Justin Hoskin has become frustrated, costing himself matches this season, and Nick Lange not quite being the player he was last year before his injury, and it is no wonder we are placed where we are. It isn't Thommo's fault, we just don't seem to be able to recruit too well at the moment... no longer a destination club.

To our credit, the only time we have been blown away this year was the first half against North. No other team has beaten us by more than six goals and we have been in most games until the final quarter.

Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby southernbulldog » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Agree with most of that still dot understand why we dont play Hosko up forward he is an elite kick for goal and excellent overhead for his size yet we continue to play him away from the forward line
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Hazydog » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:47 pm

I get the impression that the decision was made a few rounds ago to concentrate more on development rather than results. Not to say we aren’t going into each match with a plan to win, but we do appear to be throwing players around in different roles and also chopping and changing the 22 each week.
Apart from the obvious shortfall in size of our squad (talls and bigger bodies) the other glaring deficiency is in our disposal efficiency, which is well below an accepted standard at the level.
The positive is that we are giving some kids a chance to develop at the level which hopefully will bear fruit down the track.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:12 pm

Shall i stay home and watch it on telly or should i go out and freeze my bollocks off ho hum decisions decisions.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Shall i stay home and watch it on telly or should i go out and freeze my bollocks off ho hum decisions decisions.

That depends... have you had your COVID shot?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Dogs 1.0(6)
Dog Shit 3.2(20)

1:4 time

Gillard useless
Marsh woeful
Etc........
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Maggies2002 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:47 pm

The idiots who sacked Joff to bring in a favourite son should seriously their positions questioned.

The dogs are a substantially worse side than last year. Dublas not much better, still Joff would have every right to feel robbed.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby bullydog » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:19 pm

there was a time not long ago that we rarely lost at elizabeth, now we can't win a game there.
bullydog
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL