ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:56 pm

You get your coaches from other clubs too?
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Walkerville got a couple of decent district bowlers coming I heard. Person I spoke to couldn't remember names though... big help
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Walkerville got a couple of decent district bowlers coming I heard. Person I spoke to couldn't remember names though... big help

They certainly need some bowlers .... very poor attack last year.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Catter4lyfe » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Walkerville got a couple of decent district bowlers coming I heard. Person I spoke to couldn't remember names though... big help

We have been hard at work, only side to beat last seasons premiers added some class with the ball to help Blackmore should make for a good season for the young catters.
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:41 pm

Catter4lyfe wrote:

We have been hard at work, only side to beat last seasons premiers added some class with the ball to help Blackmore should make for a good season for the young catters.

C'mon, spill the beans .... we want names. :D
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

Tanti’s from Kensington
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:13 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

Tanti’s from Kensington

One from Prospect too
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby the smokey » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 am

Tanti’s from Kensington[/quote]

Greg has played multiple games for Old Iggies in A2 the last few years and even his brother has from time to time... Im sure they'll be disappointed that they have chosen not to play their full time
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby threestars » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:53 am

the smokey wrote:Tanti’s from Kensington

Greg has played multiple games for Old Iggies in A2 the last few years and even his brother has from time to time... Im sure they'll be disappointed that they have chosen not to play their full time[/quote]

Speaking with a few from Old Iggies over the weekend, they are pretty upset with Greg and Steven. Their father, Paul, is a former President and Life Member of the club.

Going to make the Old Igs v Walkerville game interesting during the season!
threestars
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:07 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

Might want to check that comment about only team to beat them last year mate ;)
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

.... and what a critical win it was! Have Tossers picked up any players?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Catter4lyfe » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Catter4lyfe wrote:

Ah yes forgot about that!
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Trader » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Have Tossers picked up any players?

They got their coach back.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:29 pm

Walkerville did beat us in a top vs bottom game that we happened to have streamed with commentary and the works. The Tossers loss was a good close game that ebbed and flowed

Walkerville smacked us on our own deck, I can safely say one loss sticks in the memory more haha.

I wonder who grange has coming in, would be unlike them to be inactive.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Hello everyone!

Haven’t heard too much just yet.

Golden Grove will be very hard to beat in A3 - Higgins returning from Para Hills, and Matt Hermann from TTG signing on too.
Have heard they’re working hard on a couple others from the local rivals!

Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:45 am

Whatsfordinner wrote:Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.

That will be the Div 1 and 2 grand finals on the october long weekend.
Lower grades will finish in late september.
And given only finalists play the last 4 weeks, half the comp will still finish by the first week of september.

There will be a few grounds playing round 1 on a under-prepared deck but thats about it, the majority should be fine.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:51 am

Trader wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.

That will be the Div 1 and 2 grand finals on the october long weekend.
Lower grades will finish in late september.
And given only finalists play the last 4 weeks, half the comp will still finish by the first week of september.

There will be a few grounds playing round 1 on a under-prepared deck but thats about it, the majority should be fine.
Going to be interesting times then when the summer/winter tenant leases change over on October 1. Usually requires coordination and goodwill of both parties to make it work.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:32 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:Hello everyone!

Golden Grove will be very hard to beat in A3 - Higgins returning from Para Hills, and Matt Hermann from TTG signing on too.

Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.

I dont get that, goes to an A1 side. plays a grade all year, wins a flag and then goes back to A3? Good luck to him but seems an odd choice IMO
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

I dont get that, goes to an A1 side. plays a grade all year, wins a flag and then goes back to A3? Good luck to him but seems an odd choice IMO

Alex was a valuable part of our side, but we got the sense he missed his old club about half way through the year so it came as no surprise, when he explained it to us about leaving it was a desire to purely go back and play with his mates at Golden Grove, he said he missed it to much and wasn't enjoying his cricket because of it.

We parted on good terms and we wish him nothing but the best this season, he knows he is always welcome back.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby the smokey » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 am

no_remorse28 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Alex was a valuable part of our side, but we got the sense he missed his old club about half way through the year so it came as no surprise, when he explained it to us about leaving it was a desire to purely go back and play with his mates at Golden Grove, he said he missed it to much and wasn't enjoying his cricket because of it.

We parted on good terms and we wish him nothing but the best this season, he knows he is always welcome back.

Was a really good response from Para Hills at the time and afterwards as well. A credit to them.
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps