Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:53 pm

Brodlach wrote:Our local Coles just had a total of 10 customers in the whole place.

the rest are all still lined up to be tested :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:00 pm

Brodlach wrote:Our local Coles just had a total of 10 customers in the whole place.

I just went into castle plaza coles and there were bugger all people in it
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Mrs Jase and I just had to drop off a car to Mrs's sister as her partners car had broken down in the line, they were right near the front too. As they won't test out of the car, we had to drop our second car to them.

Had drive passed all of the cars in the line, had a quck chat with the traffic dude, he let me drive down the line to near the front, get our and give the keys to the partner. He then proceeded to tell me that he can't drive an automatic... who can't drive an automatic? seriously, they are like dodgem cars without the carni standing on the back.

should have seen all the faces as I drove passed those lining up, they must have thought I was jumping the queue... It must be at least a 6 hour wait...

Craziness
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Scomo looks rattled

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:We keep getting told its "Highly Transmissible" however the evidence is clearly not there, all the exposure sites, all the testing and 1 new case. Look at Melb & Sydney, while they are struggling to lower numbers, they have flattened the curve and there has been no expediential increase that a "Highly Transmissible" variant should produce.

The difference between SA and those states is we have a significantly smaller population and much less density of people too.

By definition it is harder for Covid/Delta to spread in Adelaide and much easier for it to spread in Sydney or Melbourne.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Jase wrote:Mrs Jase and I just had to drop off a car to Mrs's sister as her partners car had broken down in the line, they were right near the front too. As they won't test out of the car, we had to drop our second car to them.

Had drive passed all of the cars in the line, had a quck chat with the traffic dude, he let me drive down the line to near the front, get our and give the keys to the partner. He then proceeded to tell me that he can't drive an automatic... who can't drive an automatic? seriously, they are like dodgem cars without the carni standing on the back.

should have seen all the faces as I drove passed those lining up, they must have thought I was jumping the queue... It must be at least a 6 hour wait...

Craziness

So he can drive a manual but not an automatic?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Geez I have my fingers crossed we can get through this in 7 days- 14 at worst.

Havent cancelled my car loan as yet, cant bring myself to do it and tell the misses lol.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Gozu wrote:By definition it is harder for Covid/Delta to spread in Adelaide and much easier for it to spread in Sydney or Melbourne.

So what you're saying, is we shouldn't need to adopt similar tactics to other states then? :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:We keep getting told its "Highly Transmissible" however the evidence is clearly not there, all the exposure sites, all the testing and 1 new case. Look at Melb & Sydney, while they are struggling to lower numbers, they have flattened the curve and there has been no expediential increase that a "Highly Transmissible" variant should produce.

three reasons,

1. the exposure sites went up Monday, the people who visited would've got tested yesterday (some swabs would've been done late afternoon if they got there late morning) and the results will be taking up to 24 hrs to hit the system that they are reporting from (given the increased volume of testing that is going on). It's still too early to determine the impact of this outbreak hence why we need to wait until tomorrow & Friday

2. The vast majority of those who have been at exposure sites or are close contacts are doing the right thing - staying in isolation/quarantine and getting tested. They weren't the ones at Coles/Woolies yesterday. I cant say that with absolute certainty but based on the media updates it appears that is the case.

3. As stated previously the delta strain is taking longer to incubate in some cases Some of the negatives ATM may actually turn out to positives at a later date (days five and 13)

As I said lets hope people keep doing the right thing keep this contained
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Gozu wrote:

The difference between SA and those states is we have a significantly smaller population and much less density of people too.

By definition it is harder for Covid/Delta to spread in Adelaide and much easier for it to spread in Sydney or Melbourne.

Still no evidence that it is "Highly Transmissible"
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Gozu wrote:

You cant say that until all the data is in. you can think it but you cant say it. ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Nothing is 'highly transmissible' in Adelaide but Sydney is getting kicked in the pants at the moment.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:Mrs Jase and I just had to drop off a car to Mrs's sister as her partners car had broken down in the line, they were right near the front too. As they won't test out of the car, we had to drop our second car to them.

Craziness

So he can drive a manual but not an automatic?

Yep... Staggering...

He physically recoiled from the look of disgust... I may have even audibly given a WTF!!!
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Gozu wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Nothing is 'highly transmissible' in Adelaide but Sydney is getting kicked in the pants at the moment.

Lucky the country folk of SA have bunkered down as we don’t want them spreading this highly contagious disease.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:39 pm

People might think they are doing the right thing but how many of the people getting tested were ever near an exposure site?

or showing even the mildest of symptoms

I just get the feeling some people want to be appear to be helping but in reality are overloading the testing system.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Gozu wrote:

Maxed out at 100 cases per day from a 6m population, if it is high transmissible they would be in the thousands now.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Maxed out at 100 cases per day from a 6m population, if it is high transmissible they would be in the thousands now.

If they weren’t in lockdown you’d probably be right.
am Bays
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Does anyone know if there is some sort of template for an exemption letter should you be pulled up by the cops? I'm required to work tomorrow but my work has said there is no letter of exemption but the company will support should I get pulled up by the cops and questioned. WTF.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:10 pm

MW wrote:Does anyone know if there is some sort of template for an exemption letter should you be pulled up by the cops? I'm required to work tomorrow but my work has said there is no letter of exemption but the company will support should I get pulled up by the cops and questioned. WTF.
I got a letter emailed to me.
If pulled over I would simply state your employer and give the cops those details.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:19 pm

MW wrote:Does anyone know if there is some sort of template for an exemption letter should you be pulled up by the cops? I'm required to work tomorrow but my work has said there is no letter of exemption but the company will support should I get pulled up by the cops and questioned. WTF.

I have a letter. Home today but at work tomorrow and won't be working from home again. It's bullshit. Boring as ****. I need to be in the office doing stuff.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion