Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby MW » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:Don’t think lockdown will be extended, we jumped on it early. Will be a few more cases in the coming days but as long as they aren’t out in the public we will be fine

Depends on how many zero case days they want before lifting it. Before it's been 14 days of zero cases right?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2567 times
Been liked: 1811 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm

RB wrote:
RB wrote:Still, I think only one new case today has to be encouraging.

Well that escalated quickly...

it was always going to as they tested those pre Lockdown who were at an exposure site and the data started to come through..

Brace yourself for more tomorrow however hopefully by Friday and Saturday the numbers plateau and start to decrease.

The value of checking in cant be underestimated, it makes the job of managing this virus so much easier.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:05 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Lockdown to be extended $1.01

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

The positive is the source of these cases have been immediately identified. When we start getting cases of community transmission without a clue where it’s come from that’s a cause for concern. You’re gonna get cases from exposure sites.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 734 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:07 pm

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Don’t think lockdown will be extended, we jumped on it early. Will be a few more cases in the coming days but as long as they aren’t out in the public we will be fine

Depends on how many zero case days they want before lifting it. Before it's been 14 days of zero cases right?

Yep, no transmission in the community + 14 days.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby MW » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:08 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Yep, no transmission in the community + 14 days.

So that means minimum 14 days from today right before lifting the lockdown?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2567 times
Been liked: 1811 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 pm

I'm not too worried about the extra 6 cases announced this arvo.

While it hasn't been confirmed yet, it would be a safe assumption it was the same bloke (the 81 year old who went to Argentina - case #1) who was at both the Greek (saturday night) and the Winery (Sunday arvo) (or if not the bloke, his daughter who was case #2).

If it was someone who caught it at the greek and then was already spreading it on Sunday afternoon, then I'd be worried, as that is meaning its cycling through in under 24 hours.

If its case 1 or 2, not worried. If its case 4 or 5 that's spreading it on Sunday arvo, then we'll have a heap of people who spread it everywhere on Monday and Tuesday before we locked down tuesday night.

Hopefully the Journo's are able to ask an intelligent question at tomorrow morning's conference and confirm which case it was that spread it around at the winery, that will let us know how worried we need to be.

Having said the above, even if it was case 4 or 5, that's bad, and we'll have a sh!tload of people that need to go into quarantine, however the process remains the same:

1) work out who has it,
2) find out where they went,
3) quarantine those that also went there, and test them, if positive, refer to step 1.

The above cycle only needs to run through the loop until you get to 6pm Tuesday night. They shouldn't be spreading it after 6pm Tuesday.

Even if they need to run through the above three steps for 100 people (currently at 12), they have already caught up to cases that caught it on Sunday afternoon. If they can keep up the same pace, it's only another 52 hours or so between Sunday afternoon's spreading event, and the Tuesday 6pm lockdown.

If we keep this pace, 52 hours after today's 6 which were known at about 11am today, gets us to roughly 3pm Friday. Absolutely no reason we can't have this wrapped up by 6pm on Tuesday.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 793 times

Postby RB » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, and this is all from one guy who came back from Argentina! :shock:

The Argentinians are probably trying to get us back for our support for the UK during the Falklands War.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:13 pm

Yup, was typing out my post as you commented the above.

Agreed, not too worried yet.

Oh, the caveat I need to mention is that it requires society to be following the lockdown. Obviously not everyone is doing the right thing, but provided we get lucky and all the positive cases aren't rebels for the sake of it, then we'll be fine.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:16 pm

Trader wrote:I'm not too worried about the extra 6 cases announced this arvo.

While it hasn't been confirmed yet, it would be a safe assumption it was the same bloke (the 81 year old who went to Argentina - case #1) who was at both the Greek (saturday night) and the Winery (Sunday arvo) (or if not the bloke, his daughter who was case #2).

If it was someone who caught it at the greek and then was already spreading it on Sunday afternoon, then I'd be worried, as that is meaning its cycling through in under 24 hours.

If its case 1 or 2, not worried. If its case 4 or 5 that's spreading it on Sunday arvo, then we'll have a heap of people who spread it everywhere on Monday and Tuesday before we locked down tuesday night.

Hopefully the Journo's are able to ask an intelligent question at tomorrow morning's conference and confirm which case it was that spread it around at the winery, that will let us know how worried we need to be.

Having said the above, even if it was case 4 or 5, that's bad, and we'll have a sh!tload of people that need to go into quarantine, however the process remains the same:

1) work out who has it,
3) quarantine those that also went there, and test them, if positive, refer to step 1.

The above cycle only needs to run through the loop until you get to 6pm Tuesday night. They shouldn't be spreading it after 6pm Tuesday.

Even if they need to run through the above three steps for 100 people (currently at 12), they have already caught up to cases that caught it on Sunday afternoon. If they can keep up the same pace, it's only another 52 hours or so between Sunday afternoon's spreading event, and the Tuesday 6pm lockdown.

If we keep this pace, 52 hours after today's 6 which were known at about 11am today, gets us to roughly 3pm Friday. Absolutely no reason we can't have this wrapped up by 6pm on Tuesday.

Agreed the one proviso is they may want to see the day five and day 13 testing data for those who went into quarantine up until Tuesday this week.

For that reason I can see an extra seven days of restrictions at least and maybe lockdown.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:20 pm

We've still got today and tomorrow's numbers to come, they seem critical.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:21 pm

It's still shit though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:24 pm

Have been trying to find this years stats for the 2021 Delta Virus number of tests positive tests deaths etc in Australia.

It will be interesting to find out these numbers so we all can ascertain if it is really SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE as most of the media services keep telling us.

With approx 13 million citizens in lockdown around Australia where are these thousands upon thousands of positive cases bearing in mind its been approx 4 weeks since it surfaced in Sydney ??????

Cannot find this years stats for Delta or have they just lumped the Delta 21 stats together into the Covid 19 stats from March 2020 ????

Does any one know where i can find these separate stats ???

Looked at some other states dash covid dashboards they also go back to 2020.

This is what i found in the SA Health site i assume the stats provided are from March 2020.

South Australia COVID-19 statistics
3 new cases today
1 person in hospital
19 active COVID-19 cases
839 confirmed cases in total
816 people have recovered from COVID-19
738,647 total vaccine doses administered*
7,607 tests yesterday
1,721,149 tests in total
4 COVID-19 related deaths
*COVID-19 vaccines doses administered by Commonwealth and SA Health.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Groover » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:30 pm

For the journos who traverse this site, we should structure some questions for them to ask at the conferences, so they don’t sound so bloody dumb all the time.

Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:33 pm

am Bays wrote:
Trader wrote:I'm not too worried about the extra 6 cases announced this arvo.

1) work out who has it,

Agreed the one proviso is they may want to see the day five and day 13 testing data for those who went into quarantine up until Tuesday this week.

For that reason I can see an extra seven days of restrictions at least and maybe lockdown.

By 6pm Tuesday next week we'll have all the day 1 and day 5 tests back from everyone that's been at a 'super spreading' event.
So there should be enough data for the trio to make informed decisions.
Nothing that's come to light yet suggests they need to extend the lockdown.

Oh, and lets not forget, the Lockdown is for the state, quarantine is for those that have been at exposure sites.
I 100% support those instructed into quarantine to remain in quarantine for the full 14 days (and would support this being extended to 21 days given recent examples of people testing positive after they've served their 14 day period).

I'm talking about the general population and the blanket statewide lockdown.
This is what needs to finish at 6pm Tuesday (27th, if not earlier given the lag is only 52 hours).

This morning there were 5,121 people in instructed quarantine, this number will grow as more sites come to light, but even if it doubles after today's cases doubled the total case numbers, 10,000 people in quarantine for 14 (or 21) days is strongly supported. 1.5m people in total lockdown for anything past 6pm Tuesday 27th is not supported by the science.

And yes, I don't expect the general population to go back to stage 0 restrictions, we will still see things in place, but they should be stage 2 or 3, not stage 4 (a lockdown without the title) or stage 5 (full lockdown).
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Have been trying to find this years stats for the 2021 Delta Virus number of tests positive tests deaths etc in Australia.

It will be interesting to find out these numbers so we all can ascertain if it is really SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE as most of the media services keep telling us.

With approx 13 million citizens in lockdown around Australia where are these thousands upon thousands of positive cases bearing in mind its been approx 4 weeks since it surfaced in Sydney ??????

Cannot find this years stats for Delta or have they just lumped the Delta 21 stats together into the Covid 19 stats from March 2020 ????

This is what i found in the SA Health site i assume the stats provided are from March 2020.

3 new cases today
1 person in hospital
19 active COVID-19 cases
7,607 tests yesterday
1,721,149 tests in total
They lump all tests together, they don't seem to seperate the numbers.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:40 pm

stan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Have been trying to find this years stats for the 2021 Delta Virus number of tests positive tests deaths etc in Australia.

3 new cases today
1 person in hospital
19 active COVID-19 cases
7,607 tests yesterday
1,721,149 tests in total
They lump all tests together, they don't seem to seperate the numbers.

But wouldnt you think that with the beginning of a new year and a new Flu there should be separate statistics as always has been in past Flu seasons ????????
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Groover wrote:For the journos who traverse this site, we should structure some questions for them to ask at the conferences, so they don’t sound so bloody dumb all the time.

Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My votes on Apache.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 pm

Mean while back in the land of Escargot and Frogs Legs the police lay down and join the protest against Macrons Vaccinations and passports policies.

http://www.renegadetribune.com/french-p ... -passport/

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Its gonna get interesting in Froggy land in the next cupla weeks.

https://www.rt.com/news/529730-france-c ... r-vaccine/

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Its gonna get interesting in Froggy land in the next cupla weeks.

https://www.rt.com/news/529730-france-c ... r-vaccine/
The country is called France and their people are French.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion