Postby stan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
DOC wrote:All NSW hospital patients (covid affected) are unvaccinated,

60% of UK hospitilasations are double vaccinated

Not true, the guy ****** up and its the opposite 60% are unvaccinated

oh ok, so 40% are then? So much better
Hate to say it guys but he has a point, that's still shit.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Hospitalisations in UK ....
60% are unvaccinated
26% have had one jab
14% fully vaccinated
Given 70% of adults are fully vaccinated, those numbers clearly indicate the benefits of being fully vaccinated.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:31 am

Trader wrote:Correct, it's no long the consideration.

There are roughly 4000 ICU beds in australia. (There were 2400 pre pandemic and several expansion announcements, cant seem to find the new figure but its in the order of 4,000).

So given over half the country is in lockdown at the moment, you would expect we'd have roughly 3,500 people in ICU with Covid at the moment.... you know, trying to keep the balance so we don't overtop the capacity....

Well, according to health.gov.au, we currently have a grand total of 25 people in ICU with covid at the moment.
Yup, 25.

The original message of preventing overtopping of the health system is long long gone, the current lockdowns are being done for different reasons.

Not quite true

You omit the Covid wards that have been set up or have the ability to be set up. not everyone admitted to hospital for Covid require an ICU bed but need to be located on a ward. With transmission based precaution it requires a designated zone that results in empty beds and changes to staffing ratios to minimise the risk of spreading. I know at the peak last year at one stage with four covid patients we had entire ward quarantined for them (22 beds)

This is the cost with a stepped model of care for this virus.

Some of those extra beds you’ve mentioned are critical care wards that have the ability to step up to be ICU beds when required. When not required they revert back to what they are normally. This was all part of the planning that was done across the country in March and April last year.

We are still trying to prevent over stressing the health care system but at the same time have the capacity to step up if the demand requires.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:54 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Hospitalisations in UK ....
60% are unvaccinated
26% have had one jab
14% fully vaccinated
Given 70% of adults are fully vaccinated, those numbers clearly indicate the benefits of being fully vaccinated.

On top of that most of the vaccinated in hospital had covid before or around the time they got their jab.
It's extremely conclusive.
And that's with mainly AZ, probably the least effective vaccine on the market.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:01 am

Liked this one of Facebook

Life is hard for logical people right now
Me at the Supermarket: Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?

Cashier: to protect people from Covid.

Me: but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?

Cashier: no words. Confused look.

Me: Why Don’t you pack the grocery bags anymore?

Cashier: Because of Covid -19 to reduce the spread of catching or spreading the virus.

Me: But a shelf packer took it out of a box and put it on the shelf, a few customers might have picked it up and put back deciding they don’t want it, I put it in my cart then on the conveyor belt, YOU pick it up to scan it... But putting it in a bag after you scan is risky??

Cashier: no words, confused look

Me at the drive through
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)

Me: why is my bag of food on a tray?

Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.

Me: didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?

Server: no words. Confused look

Me in society If you cough or sneeze do it in your elbow or sleeve, Also society : Don’t shake hands or hug anyone or you will spread the virus.. To greet people do an elbow tap instead.

Me : Elbow tap ? Isn't that where you tell people to sneeze or cough? into their elbow? Now you want people to tap each other with that elbow wouldn't it be safer to sneeze into elbow and shake hands like we did before Covid

Me at a restaurant: Hostess: OK, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.

Me: what happens when I get to the table?

Hostess: you can take off the mask.

Me: then it is safe over there? Hostess: yes.

Me: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?

Hostess: no words. Confused look.

Me in society: You are not allowed to stand and drink at the pub you have to sit down. But at the shopping centre you are not allowed to sit down, all the chairs are roped off.

Who thinks this up?

We are being raised without the ability to process and execute logic.
Copied and pasted please do the same!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:26 am

Logical people wouldn't ask the cashier/hostess/server as a logical person would realise they don't make the rules.
Only a dickhead would ask the cashier/hostess/server those questions.

PS Who the hell sneezes into the outside of their elbow? Contortionists? :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:28 am

Don’t mix up the “Confused” look with the “Mate, I’m 17 years old and I honestly don’t give a shit about your smart arse complaining” look.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 734 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:37 am

If your looking fo r the supermarket or Bunnings to be your political war ground then you are bit of a wanker.

Honestly if you feel like it's too much for you and you need to vent at the political system, the 17 year check out person is unlikely to be listening. The people at the Bunnings or working at the restaurant are unlikely to give a shit.

Honestly, most people want to work and come home.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:46 am

Wedgie wrote:Logical people wouldn't ask the cashier/hostess/server as a logical person would realise they don't make the rules.

Exactly, if I was the cashier/hostess I would just reply "I don't make the rules, I just follow them, so you do the same or go elsewhere"

There's a lot of shit that I don't understand, there's a lot that I find inconsistent or irrational but the last person I'm going to question is the pimply faced kid just out trying to make a buck, take your questions to the ones that can answer them and leave the "essential workers" alone, they cop it all day from the meth heads that refuse to sign in so the government don't know that they are getting a bottle of home brand cola and a packet of durries because they thing the government cares enough to be watching over their pathetic existence.

As for the sneeze thing, utterly ridiculous, more chance of random snot spraying out like a squirter than the conventional hand over the face when the twitch springs from nowhere, just wash your hands afterwards.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby scottroo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:26 am

What are we expecting today ?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby locky801 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:35 am

scottroo wrote:What are we expecting today ?

i'm calling a duck 0
if we dont believe in tomorrow where do we go
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3615 times
Been liked: 1155 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:35 am

My guess is 3
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1407 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Mic » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 am

whufc wrote:Liked this one of Facebook

Me: but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?

Cashier: Because of Covid -19 to reduce the spread of catching or spreading the virus.

Me: But a shelf packer took it out of a box and put it on the shelf, a few customers might have picked it up and put back deciding they don’t want it, I put it in my cart then on the conveyor belt, YOU pick it up to scan it... But putting it in a bag after you scan is risky??

Me at the drive through
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)

Me: didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?

Me in society If you cough or sneeze do it in your elbow or sleeve, Also society : Don’t shake hands or hug anyone or you will spread the virus.. To greet people do an elbow tap instead.

Me : Elbow tap ? Isn't that where you tell people to sneeze or cough? into their elbow? Now you want people to tap each other with that elbow wouldn't it be safer to sneeze into elbow and shake hands like we did before Covid

Me at a restaurant: Hostess: OK, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.

Me: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?

Me in society: You are not allowed to stand and drink at the pub you have to sit down. But at the shopping centre you are not allowed to sit down, all the chairs are roped off.

Who thinks this up?

So clever. Isn't Facebook just brilliant?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Logical people wouldn't ask the cashier/hostess/server as a logical person would realise they don't make the rules.

Exactly, if I was the cashier/hostess I would just reply "I don't make the rules, I just follow them, so you do the same or go elsewhere"

There's a lot of shit that I don't understand, there's a lot that I find inconsistent or irrational but the last person I'm going to question is the pimply faced kid just out trying to make a buck, take your questions to the ones that can answer them and leave the "essential workers" alone, they cop it all day from the meth heads that refuse to sign in so the government don't know that they are getting a bottle of home brand cola and a packet of durries because they thing the government cares enough to be watching over their pathetic existence.

As for the sneeze thing, utterly ridiculous, more chance of random snot spraying out like a squirter than the conventional hand over the face when the twitch springs from nowhere, just wash your hands afterwards.

Agree about leaving the cashiers out of it

I dont think the person actually asked cashiers those questions they just got their point across using the cashier anology.

The moral being we are living a world where they is just so many ****** up rules for the sake of it
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:54 am

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:05 am

When the number 1 news story on Adelaidenow or any other major newspaper in Australia is Covid related and is free to read then there is a still an immediate cause for concern. When the free Covid stories start going down the page then the immediate threat is lessening. When there is a “scare” and you still have to pay to read it then it’s the media trying to sell subscriptions.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 734 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:6

Guess or an actual announcement?
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:07 am

R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:09 am

whufc wrote:Liked this one of Facebook

Me at the drive through

Who thinks this up?

C'mon whufc, you manage staff and a business, this is extremely logical if you apply a risk management framework to it.

These are all about limiting contact points where there could be transmission.

if through use of trays and plastic coverings you limit contact that's the likelihood of harm reduced reduced (one contact when wrapping the food, no contact when transferring) it's a potential 50% reduction in likelihood of transmission.

Covering the payment keypad with plastic makes it easier to clean with disinfectant more frequently without damaging the equipment therefore less likelihood of transmission.

The potential consequence doesn't change but reducing the likelihood reduces the actual risk.

All the administrative controls (with some engineering) are all about reducing the likelihood of the infections spreading.

This allows will allow to return to a new normal that is closer to the old normal than what we are experiencing currently.

IMO we need to stop looking at some of the instructions/processes in isolation (pun intended) and think of them in the wider context as trying to get back to some sort of normality quicker.

That's what we all want.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion