Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby cracka » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:44 am

stan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Hey Daisy i forgot to mention if you read the article re Indias Herd Immunity you would of seen this statement.

"There were 10.073 million all-cause deaths in India last year, only 1.49 percent or roughly 147,000 more than the previous year’s 9.926 million. "

You can draw your conclusions from this stat very very interesting.

its the same all over the world, there is no pandemic

Bingo and even more so this year 2021.
SA had 1 positive case from 23k of testing. And this person was from the vinery with that group and was already isolating.

These super duper spreading virus isn't really getting around now is it.

I said earlier Queen Nicola needed a few positve cases, for her 6 the other day and now a couple more. The gang of 3 are once again justified in there actions, but if you look at the numbers in the last few days 1/23000. I just can't see why we need to cripple the state for that sort of numbers.

In Sydney, how many people have been hospitalized right now?

I get we need to protect the elderly and other people at risk, but I do worry about the otherside of this in terms of DV and mental health and where this will lead us.

Pag wrote:Stan, doesn't the one case detected show that the lockdown is working? That is the point of it, so we didn't turn into Sydney. Because of their decision, most of us will be back out of the house and at work on Wednesday. Not a bad result?

Not really because the 1 case came from the close contacts who were already in isolation. As mentioned before, lockdown should have only been for the close contacts & their contacts not the entire state.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Psyber » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:47 am

daysofourlives wrote:
mask2.jpg

In 2008 Dr Fauci said masks caused many deaths in the 1918 pandemic, now they dont????
All this contradictory evidence is out there but you people dont want to see it

Whats that saying "its easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled"

If that is true, it may have something to do with what the masks were made of back then, and with how long people kept wearing the same mask without washing or sterilising them. I'm not sure when modern disposable masks became available.

As recently as the late 1960s most masks available to staff at the RAH were cloth and collected washed and heat sterilised for re-use.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 am

Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Should be locked up . Fat obnoxious balding wanker.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:05 pm

3 cases

all in quarantine
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1407 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tigerpie » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Simple, don't touch the bloody horse, its assaulting an officer.!
If it comes up behind you on tip toes, and you don't hear, just it jog on son!
Dickheads!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby mots02 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm

daysofourlives wrote:https://www.facebook.com/greataustralianparty/posts/381911839965640

Found the horse video again

What about this video? Throwing pot plants and bottles at the mounted police - this one the MSM painting the wrong picture as well?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 0514438045
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 845 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Trader » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Pag wrote:
stan wrote:SA had 1 positive case from 23k of testing. And this person was from the vinery with that group and was already isolating.

I said earlier Queen Nicola needed a few positve cases, for her 6 the other day and now a couple more. The gang of 3 are once again justified in there actions, but if you look at the numbers in the last few days 1/23000. I just can't see why we need to cripple the state for that sort of numbers.

I get we need to protect the elderly and other people at risk, but I do worry about the otherside of this in terms of DV and mental health and where this will lead us.

Stan, doesn't the one case detected show that the lockdown is working? That is the point of it, so we didn't turn into Sydney. Because of their decision, most of us will be back out of the house and at work on Wednesday. Not a bad result?

This is the storyline the trio are pushing, of course they want to portray themselves as the states saviours.

The truth of the matter is both the Winery and The Greek were identified on Monday night as sites of concern. All that were identified at these locations were ordered into 14 day isolation, and instructed to get tested on three occasions. This has been done well.
Make no mistake, I am not having a crack at our QR codes, or contact tracing system, or even the 'double ring fence' approach to quarantining the positive, their close contacts, and the contacts of the close contacts. This is working, and should continue if our approach is to continue to drive towards zero cases.

The problem I see is that the lockdown (putting 1.5m into lockdown), not the 4000 people in directed quarantine.

We have had 19 cases total, all, let me repeat, ALL, have come from directed quarantine.

None have been found from the wider population.
None have come from outside the 4000 people in directed quarantine.
All were directed into quarantine by monday night.

The 1.5m person lockdown that started at 6pm Tuesday night has not protected anyone.
Covid is not in the wider community. Locking down the wider community is not achieving anything.

Let me repeat, contact tracing and directed quarantine is not being questioned, statewide lockdown is.

Statewide lockdown should only be implemented once contact tracing has dropped the ball and you have unknown source cases occurring.
Protect the boarder, monitor hotel quarantine, implement appropriate tracing, and let the community operate.

Under the same logic, not only is the current lockdown not required, the stage 4 restrictions we will have when we come out of the current lockdown are also unnecessary.
Directed quarantine is fine, restrictions (and heavy ones at that) on the public when there are no cases in the public is unjustified.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 793 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Stage 4 restrictions from next Tuesday are absolute overkill and it stands right now and just a case of the trio flexing their muscle and enjoying their time in the sun.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Well said once again mate.
Is there anyone on here who actually doesn’t agree with Trader’s post above?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:18 pm

Wait wait wait

2 of todays cases were in quarantine with an infectious person

A parent and a child

W T F
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1407 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:19 pm

Trader wrote:
Pag wrote:
stan wrote:SA had 1 positive case from 23k of testing. And this person was from the vinery with that group and was already isolating.

Stan, doesn't the one case detected show that the lockdown is working? That is the point of it, so we didn't turn into Sydney. Because of their decision, most of us will be back out of the house and at work on Wednesday. Not a bad result?

This is the storyline the trio are pushing, of course they want to portray themselves as the states saviours.

The truth of the matter is both the Winery and The Greek were identified on Monday night as sites of concern. All that were identified at these locations were ordered into 14 day isolation, and instructed to get tested on three occasions. This has been done well.
Make no mistake, I am not having a crack at our QR codes, or contact tracing system, or even the 'double ring fence' approach to quarantining the positive, their close contacts, and the contacts of the close contacts. This is working, and should continue if our approach is to continue to drive towards zero cases.

The problem I see is that the lockdown (putting 1.5m into lockdown), not the 4000 people in directed quarantine.

We have had 19 cases total, all, let me repeat, ALL, have come from directed quarantine.

None have been found from the wider population.
None have come from outside the 4000 people in directed quarantine.
All were directed into quarantine by monday night.

The 1.5m person lockdown that started at 6pm Tuesday night has not protected anyone.
Covid is not in the wider community. Locking down the wider community is not achieving anything.

Let me repeat, contact tracing and directed quarantine is not being questioned, statewide lockdown is.

Statewide lockdown should only be implemented once contact tracing has dropped the ball and you have unknown source cases occurring.
Protect the boarder, monitor hotel quarantine, implement appropriate tracing, and let the community operate.

Under the same logic, not only is the current lockdown not required, the stage 4 restrictions we will have when we come out of the current lockdown are also unnecessary.
Directed quarantine is fine, restrictions (and heavy ones at that) on the public when there are no cases in the public is unjustified.
100% agree with you there mate.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:20 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Wait wait wait

2 of todays cases were in quarantine with an infectious person

A parent and a child

W T F
The parents of the toddler that tested positive. Was always going to happen as they need to care for the child.
stan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:23 pm

FFS, now they are putting healthy people into the medi hotel. All 40 from a barrel room at Tenefeate Winery are in a medi hotel, 10 are positive and you wonder why I and others dont use the QR check in, a real superspreader ffs
Oh and every single one of them has had their day 5 test
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:25 pm

tigerpie wrote:Simple, don't touch the bloody horse, its assaulting an officer.!
Dickheads!

Ah so its ok for the police to charge at people with their horses and use them as a weapon?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Simple, don't touch the bloody horse, its assaulting an officer.!
Dickheads!

Ah so its ok for the police to charge at people with their horses and use them as a weapon?

Sure is.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby stan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:28 pm

So it's the mother of the to toddler from the Greek, one more person from the winery and then a returned traveller.

Makes Traders point perfectly now.
stan
Coach

Postby Mic » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:FFS, now they are putting healthy people into the medi hotel. All 40 from a barrel room at Tenefeate Winery are in a medi hotel, 10 are positive and you wonder why I and others dont use the QR check in, a real superspreader ffs
Oh and every single one of them has had their day 5 test

Yes, I really do wonder why people choose not to use the (very quick & easy) QR code check-in.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Booney » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dickheads!

That's literally what they are fool.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:31 pm

Good morning all RUOK????

SA is just over half way thru the hunt must be close to 120,000 prey tested and not many bagged so far.

Any how lets add/ have a bit of levity to this debate and make every ones day.

Enjoy

Needle in a Haystack by the Twilights for all us oldies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BBmRnJnwY
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion