Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:We need differing opinions by different posters otherwise it’s as boring as bat shit on here.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm all for differing opinions on subjective matters, it's part of learning and living. Arguing against facts is another matter, the worst part of conspiracy theorists ( for want of a better term here ) is they can't substantiate a counter argument with fact, its all Facebook, Youtube and anytime you offer them facts it's fake or formulated to appease the masses. It's a cop out from actually providing evidence, fact based evidence, the contrary. It's easy being a conspiracy theorist because you just call everything bullshit and it suits your narrative. Don't have to be very smart to do that.

Agree.
But as I have said before deciphering between fact and fiction is getting so much harder today due to fake news.

Even harder to understand is Covid ‘facts’ as the goal posts are changing as data and new knowledge comes to light.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OK fella, I gave in and watched. Yes, it had a different level of force on it to what I had previously seen, very stupid though, a closed fist to the face of a police horse, he needs so time away IMO.

Reckless, High contact Medium impact, 3 weeks down to 2 with a guilty plea but six months added on for being a F***tard
Last edited by am Bays on Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:We need differing opinions by different posters otherwise it’s as boring as bat shit on here.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm all for differing opinions on subjective matters, it's part of learning and living. Arguing against facts is another matter, the worst part of conspiracy theorists ( for want of a better term here ) is they can't substantiate a counter argument with fact, its all Facebook, Youtube and anytime you offer them facts it's fake or formulated to appease the masses. It's a cop out from actually providing evidence, fact based evidence, the contrary. It's easy being a conspiracy theorist because you just call everything bullshit and it suits your narrative. Don't have to be very smart to do that.

Agree.
But as I have said before deciphering between fact and fiction is getting so much harder today due to fake news.

Even harder to understand is Covid ‘facts’ as the goal posts are changing as data and new knowledge comes to light.

Of course, we live in an electronic world with information, data, stats all piling in by the second on a pandemic like the world has never seen.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:45 pm

Booney wrote:

Am I allowed to differ from your differing opinion?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 792 times
Been liked: 841 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:51 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Am I allowed to differ from your differing opinion?

Yeah nah.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
OK fella, I gave in and watched. Yes, it had a different level of force on it to what I had previously seen, very stupid though, a closed fist to the face of a police horse, he needs so time away IMO.

Reckless, High contact Medium impact, 3 weeks down to 2 with a guilty plea but six months added on for being a F***tard

His club is trying to downgrade it citing that it was only horseplay.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby mal » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:I finally have found video vision of the horse supposedly being punched by a protester in Sydney some sites will not show it.

By only the still photo evidence it is definitely not a good look.

I think Daisies assessment on the media is quite correct scum media as per usual they sensationalise a story.

From what i can see in this vid the mans hand was in a formed fist but his left arm was fully extended and looks like he was fending off the horses head i cannot see where he has actually taken a swing at the horse.

Any way my two bobs worth may be it should be referred to the AFL VCR Panel for adjudication. :)

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... b9339869d1

You have a point about the seriousness of the altercation
However

NSW is in a curfew- the Government can deem he has broken that protocol
The person was not wearing a mask
The person was not social distancing

He has broken laws[if we deem covid rulings as laws], laws that most of the NSW people are adhering to
It does not mean these laws are right or wrong, but a law is a law
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 882 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

His club is trying to downgrade it citing that it was only horseplay.

If the horse didn't have such a long face
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Booney wrote:Wonder how these blokes would feel if I "fended off" their Mum, wife or daughter?

Or, to keep in context, their horse.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:34 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Booney wrote:Wonder how these blokes would feel if I "fended off" their Mum, wife or daughter?

Well if the copper was in a relationship with the horse then I guess the analogy carries more water.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:42 pm

Pseudo wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Well if the copper was in a relationship with the horse then I guess the analogy carries more water.

Why wasn’t the son included?
Sexist?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Why wasn’t the son included?
Sexist?

Stallion or mare, fend them off equally!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:This is the greatest thread on this site.

This is just a tribute!!

=D> under rated post

I shit you not, I just went to play some Youtube and opened up with "Tightrope" by Illy, then on my coming up list was Tenacious D two songs away, I hadn't heard the song for at least 3 years.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm

tigerpie wrote:

Push my horse and I’m not responsible when it gallops all 500kg straight at you :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm

whufc wrote:
Push my horse and I’m not responsible when it gallops all 500kg straight at you :lol:

That would be the mane danger.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:43 pm

tigerpie wrote:

My point is about showing respect.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:52 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Agree.

Exactly. When covid first came out we had to stop using cash, paper, pens etc because the virus could hang around on surfaces for days. Now they can set it to a specific 2 hour window of when an infected person was at a site.
I remember we had to stop using paper con notes because of the threat of contagion, could only use pens which were sterilised after each use (some places the staff had to sign in & out their pen for the day), weren't even allowed out of the truck to go to the toilet on some sites. If this new delta strain is 5 times more contagious, why aren't all the original protocols in place.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:I think sport will resume this weekend - why? A lot of us get caught up with our own senior competitions and forget about the kids. SANFL Juniors only has a month left of games (+finals for the higher age groups), i'm sure other winter sports are similar.

This is the demographic we really want and need playing sport still, and some dont play a summer sport, so think SA Gov would be eager to get these kids back out there to enjoy what's left of their season sooner rather than later.

Why can't SANFLJ comp be pushed out like other competitions? Junior Country footy will be going for another 2 months yet.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:59 pm

Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

My point is about showing respect.

That's not how social media with anonymous user names works, Boon
am Bays
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

That would be the mane danger.

Neigh it wouldn’t :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion