Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Why can't SANFLJ comp be pushed out like other competitions? Junior Country footy will be going for another 2 months yet.

Only issue is will summer sports ( cricket , baseball etc ) delay the start of their season

When do football clubs have to hand over to the cricket clubs for the start of their season... guess need a week or two to prepare turf pitches etc
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby laser » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:48 am

So; any amateur footy this weekend? Any training allowed this week?
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:12 am

Sounds like training to resume but no sport for at least 7 days
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 am

Brodlach wrote:Sounds like training to resume but no sport for at least 7 days

Confirmed or just guessing?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:54 am

whufc wrote:

Confirmed
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 am

Apachebulldog wrote:I finally have found video vision of the horse supposedly being punched by a protester in Sydney some sites will not show it.

By only the still photo evidence it is definitely not a good look.

I think Daisies assessment on the media is quite correct scum media as per usual they sensationalise a story.

From what i can see in this vid the mans hand was in a formed fist but his left arm was fully extended and looks like he was fending off the horses head i cannot see where he has actually taken a swing at the horse.

Any way my two bobs worth may be it should be referred to the AFL VCR Panel for adjudication. :)

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... b9339869d1

One of them appear to be doctored
writing.PNG
writing.PNG (74.92 KiB) Viewed 938 times
nowriting.PNG
nowriting.PNG (150.11 KiB) Viewed 938 times

In one there is writing on his shirt, the other has none
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:27 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:I finally have found video vision of the horse supposedly being punched by a protester in Sydney some sites will not show it.

I think Daisies assessment on the media is quite correct scum media as per usual they sensationalise a story.

From what i can see in this vid the mans hand was in a formed fist but his left arm was fully extended and looks like he was fending off the horses head i cannot see where he has actually taken a swing at the horse.

Any way my two bobs worth may be it should be referred to the AFL VCR Panel for adjudication. :)

writing.PNG
nowriting.PNG

Wow if that is correct yep the scum media, !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Wow if that is correct yep the scum media, !!!!

Good morning Patch.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

writing.PNG
nowriting.PNG

One photo is an in-focus still shot, the other is a screen shot from a poor quality video.

There appears to be a dark smudge across his chest in the blurred photo which would be the writing.

On this evidence presented, i can't support your conspiracy theory.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am

mots02 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

writing.PNG
nowriting.PNG

One photo is an in-focus still shot, the other is a screen shot from a poor quality video.

There appears to be a dark smudge across his chest in the blurred photo which would be the writing.

How dare you suggest there are conspiracy theories at play here
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:50 am

Woken up to my alarm radio this morn the SA Commish was being interviewed he stated tho some restrictions will be lifted masks will still have to be worn at supermarkets.

I really do not understand this.

During the last 16 months or so there have been tens of thousands of daily interactions at all supermarkets in SA.

I have been shopping daily over this period with no mask except for this latest forced mandatory period.

So tell me after millions upon millions of interactions at these supermarkets by the SA population.

How many people have contracted Covid 19 or Delta 21 ???????

Hey Trader my friend i would like your expert analysis on this.

Found this in my travels thought this was pretty good.

If the tests work why the false positives ????
If the masks work why the 1.5 metres ???
If the 1.5 metres work why the masks ????
If all 3 work why the lockdowns ????
If the vaccine is safe why the no liability clause???
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:53 am

mots02 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

writing.PNG
nowriting.PNG

Evidence is optional to get Apache's support
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:57 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Woken up to my alarm radio this morn the SA Commish was being interviewed he stated tho some restrictions will be lifted masks will still have to be worn at supermarkets.

I really do not understand this.

During the last 16 months or so there have been tens of thousands of daily interactions at all supermarkets in SA.

I have been shopping daily over this period with no mask except for this latest forced mandatory period.

So tell me after millions upon millions of interactions at these supermarkets by the SA population.

How many people have contracted Covid 19 or Delta 21 ???????

Hey Trader my friend i would like your expert analysis on this.

Found this in my travels thought this was pretty good.

Gimp masks or squash balls don't count.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:04 am

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Confirmed

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... 73aad5?amp
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has explained why sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts – but won’t be allowed to compete.

Sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts on Wednesday, but competition will remain on hold until further notice.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said restricting teams from competition would minimise contact between people from different areas of the city and state.

“The difference (between training and competition) is that, if you’re training, you’re training with a group of people that you normally come into contact with,” he told ABC Radio Adelaide on Tuesday.

“When you allow teams to compete, they invariably come from different parts of the wider metropolitan area or different country locations to compete together.

“You’re bringing different communities together, which means, if we do have an outbreak, the potential spread is much wider than if you just have it within a group of people who normally get together.”

Mr Stevens said he was hopeful that the state could keep “moving in the right direction”, and the rules were being worked out in consultation with the Department for Recreation and Sport.

“We think it’s the right step at this point in time, but we’re really hopeful that, over the next seven days, we continue to keep on top of this Modbury outbreak and we don’t see any further seeping from New South Wales,” he said.

AFL was also put on hold during the state’s seven-day lockdown.

Adelaide had been due to take on Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval this weekend, but the game was brought forward and instead played in at an empty Marvel Stadium in Melbourne last Saturday.

Mr Stevens said he had not been involved in any conversation about re-starting footy in the state this weekend.

“My last understanding was that both Adelaide teams were currently out of Adelaide and planning to play their next round out of Adelaide as well,” he said.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Psyber » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:06 am

Apachebulldog wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

writing.PNG
nowriting.PNG

Wow if that is correct yep the scum media, !!!!

I looked at the vision and it looked to me like he extended his arm to punch the horse, but not very hard - more like a fending it off as parts of its body moved towards him as the horse was turned.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:

Confirmed

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... 73aad5?amp
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has explained why sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts – but won’t be allowed to compete.

Sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts on Wednesday, but competition will remain on hold until further notice.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said restricting teams from competition would minimise contact between people from different areas of the city and state.

“The difference (between training and competition) is that, if you’re training, you’re training with a group of people that you normally come into contact with,” he told ABC Radio Adelaide on Tuesday.

“When you allow teams to compete, they invariably come from different parts of the wider metropolitan area or different country locations to compete together.

“You’re bringing different communities together, which means, if we do have an outbreak, the potential spread is much wider than if you just have it within a group of people who normally get together.”

Mr Stevens said he was hopeful that the state could keep “moving in the right direction”, and the rules were being worked out in consultation with the Department for Recreation and Sport.

“We think it’s the right step at this point in time, but we’re really hopeful that, over the next seven days, we continue to keep on top of this Modbury outbreak and we don’t see any further seeping from New South Wales,” he said.

AFL was also put on hold during the state’s seven-day lockdown.

Adelaide had been due to take on Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval this weekend, but the game was brought forward and instead played in at an empty Marvel Stadium in Melbourne last Saturday.

Mr Stevens said he had not been involved in any conversation about re-starting footy in the state this weekend.

“My last understanding was that both Adelaide teams were currently out of Adelaide and planning to play their next round out of Adelaide as well,” he said.

What about golf? Is that on?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby MW » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 am

Getting bogged down in semantics...the f..kwit shouldnt have been there in the first place.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:15 am

Sydney have had issues for 4 weeks, its not a new thing, just cause we have had a scare we need to be more careful now?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:17 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
What about golf? Is that on?

I read yesterday that social golf is fine, I'll try to find the source and send it to you.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:27 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Hey Trader my friend i would like your expert analysis on this.

While I don't like the 'soft' restrictions like 1.5m spacing and wearing masks in high risk locations, at least they don't destroy the economy, they don't stifle business, they don't isolate people.

While I believe the 4,000 people in directed quarantine (over and above the 200 close contacts) provides us a reasonable level of assurance there isn't delta in the wider community, soft restrictions like masks and spacing is clearly an easy behaviour within minimal downside I believe we should all undertake. Same with QR check ins, etc.

If one works, why not another? Why not? Also, do you drive around without your seatbelt on cause you've got an airbag that works?
These are 'soft' restrictions that don't have a major downside so having them isn't the end of the world, especially when compared to the latest SA lockdown which just cost us $220million. That $220m will need to be paid back by all South Australians. We don't get a bill in the mail that says here's an $800 invoice for you, your wife and your two kids, but it will come out in hidden costs. Next years car rego is $820 instead of $810, the pub does $7 happy hour pints rather than $6, the bakery doesn't sponsor the cricket club so your subs are $325 instead of $300. All these little things, you don't notice them, but someone needs to pay for the $200/head the 7.25 day lockdown cost us.

I've covered my thoughts fairly consistently on the lockdowns. I don't think they should be implemented while all cases are linked and there is directed quarantine of the positive, their close contacts, and contacts of the close contacts. Three tiers is more than enough, we don't need a 4th tier IMO. And that has once again been confirmed with all cases coming from tier 1 and 2, we didn't get any cases from tier 3, let alone 4.

False positives and false negatives are few and far between. They are a reasonable starting point and I'm happy for the testing to continue in suspected cases.
The wider testing of the general population doesn't achieve anything IMO, we haven't had any positives come from the mass testing of the wider population over the entire pandemic.
Directed testing makes sense, and I'm comfortable with the level of false positives and negatives.

As for the vaccine, this is a more interesting one. The vaccine clearly has benefits (reduced symptoms, potentially harder to catch and pass on). Equally, given the short time between covid spreading and the world demanding a solution, big pharma was never in a position to produce a vaccine they could guarantee wouldn't have side affects. So one of a few options are available, 1) they test it for another 2 years by which point the world has imploded through lockdowns or just letting it run wild, or say 2) they release it, self insure and charge $500 per dose not $40. The cost to vaccinate the world becomes prohibitive and the vaccine doesn't get taken up, we don't get wider immunity and the whole exercise falls over.
I can understand why there is a no liability clause. It doesn't mean it is unsafe, if just means they don't know if it is safe. Look at Thalidomide for example, or even asbestos. People were acting with the best of intentions, but it doesn't mean we don't find out later that things weren't as safe as we would have liked. It's not ideal, but if we want a cost effective vaccine in a reasonable timeframe, a no liability clause is a necessary evil. Your choice shouldn't be if the no liability clause is appropriate, your choice should be if you chose to then get vaccinated or not - your body, your choice. (Noting as it becomes mandatory to be vaccinated to attend the footy for example, that's where this becomes blurred, and I'd suggest arguing against the vaccine passport, not the no-liability clause).

Blindly questioning everything means you lose credibility when there are valid things to question (like lockdowns). You become the boy who cried wolf and no one will listed to you even if you then raise valid points later.
Accept the small things (like masks and keeping your distance from others) and get on with life. Challenge the big things that have a large detrimental impact and no benefit.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion