Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:22 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Could this become the most quoted post?

It’ll be the most watched that’s for sure!

Finally a COVID discussion point we can all unify around
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 845 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:27 pm

It takes me back to the 2012 Barcelona olympics where Michelle Jenneke unveiled my love for the 100m hurdles.

Unfortunately the IOOF won't let me post it on here from Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXw2tPaNZU&t=24s
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:It takes me back to the 2012 Barcelona olympics where Michelle Jenneke unveiled my love for the 100m hurdles.

This pole vaulter went alright too.

960FCF11-3CEE-4F4E-9725-25371C50F784.jpeg
960FCF11-3CEE-4F4E-9725-25371C50F784.jpeg (44.75 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:It takes me back to the 2012 Barcelona olympics where Michelle Jenneke unveiled my love for the 100m hurdles.

This pole vaulter went alright too.

960FCF11-3CEE-4F4E-9725-25371C50F784.jpeg

I'd let her vault my pole...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:38 pm

She ended up doing a nude spread, she somehow made it on to be my screensaver back in the day.

I recall a set of movies called Tatiana being released around the same time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Trader wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Hey Trader my friend i would like your expert analysis on this.

If the tests work why the false positives ????
If the masks work why the 1.5 metres ???
If the 1.5 metres work why the masks ????
If all 3 work why the lockdowns ????
If the vaccine is safe why the no liability clause???

While I don't like the 'soft' restrictions like 1.5m spacing and wearing masks in high risk locations, at least they don't destroy the economy, they don't stifle business, they don't isolate people.

While I believe the 4,000 people in directed quarantine (over and above the 200 close contacts) provides us a reasonable level of assurance there isn't delta in the wider community, soft restrictions like masks and spacing is clearly an easy behaviour within minimal downside I believe we should all undertake. Same with QR check ins, etc.

If one works, why not another? Why not? Also, do you drive around without your seatbelt on cause you've got an airbag that works?
These are 'soft' restrictions that don't have a major downside so having them isn't the end of the world, especially when compared to the latest SA lockdown which just cost us $220million. That $220m will need to be paid back by all South Australians. We don't get a bill in the mail that says here's an $800 invoice for you, your wife and your two kids, but it will come out in hidden costs. Next years car rego is $820 instead of $810, the pub does $7 happy hour pints rather than $6, the bakery doesn't sponsor the cricket club so your subs are $325 instead of $300. All these little things, you don't notice them, but someone needs to pay for the $200/head the 7.25 day lockdown cost us.

I've covered my thoughts fairly consistently on the lockdowns. I don't think they should be implemented while all cases are linked and there is directed quarantine of the positive, their close contacts, and contacts of the close contacts. Three tiers is more than enough, we don't need a 4th tier IMO. And that has once again been confirmed with all cases coming from tier 1 and 2, we didn't get any cases from tier 3, let alone 4.

False positives and false negatives are few and far between. They are a reasonable starting point and I'm happy for the testing to continue in suspected cases.
The wider testing of the general population doesn't achieve anything IMO, we haven't had any positives come from the mass testing of the wider population over the entire pandemic.
Directed testing makes sense, and I'm comfortable with the level of false positives and negatives.

As for the vaccine, this is a more interesting one. The vaccine clearly has benefits (reduced symptoms, potentially harder to catch and pass on). Equally, given the short time between covid spreading and the world demanding a solution, big pharma was never in a position to produce a vaccine they could guarantee wouldn't have side affects. So one of a few options are available, 1) they test it for another 2 years by which point the world has imploded through lockdowns or just letting it run wild, or say 2) they release it, self insure and charge $500 per dose not $40. The cost to vaccinate the world becomes prohibitive and the vaccine doesn't get taken up, we don't get wider immunity and the whole exercise falls over.
I can understand why there is a no liability clause. It doesn't mean it is unsafe, if just means they don't know if it is safe. Look at Thalidomide for example, or even asbestos. People were acting with the best of intentions, but it doesn't mean we don't find out later that things weren't as safe as we would have liked. It's not ideal, but if we want a cost effective vaccine in a reasonable timeframe, a no liability clause is a necessary evil. Your choice shouldn't be if the no liability clause is appropriate, your choice should be if you chose to then get vaccinated or not - your body, your choice. (Noting as it becomes mandatory to be vaccinated to attend the footy for example, that's where this becomes blurred, and I'd suggest arguing against the vaccine passport, not the no-liability clause).

Blindly questioning everything means you lose credibility when there are valid things to question (like lockdowns). You become the boy who cried wolf and no one will listed to you even if you then raise valid points later.
Accept the small things (like masks and keeping your distance from others) and get on with life. Challenge the big things that have a large detrimental impact and no benefit.

Once again great post and analysis you would run rings around some of these so called experts you got my vote should you run for parliament

The economic impact of what has happened in SA and the rest of Australia is immeasurable this will/has impact every one for years to come.

In Australia thousands of businesses have been destroyed thousands of lives from these businnesses destroyed thousands of jobs obliterated family relationships destroyed emotional physical mental health up yes more lives are being destroyed daily.

But governments still persist in going down this path.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:She ended up doing a nude spread, she somehow made it on to be my screensaver back in the day.

I recall a set of movies called Tatiana being released around the same time.

One of my so-called mates sent it to me back in the day as well.
Horrified I was……………
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:48 pm

OOHH i forgot this morn i received a funny vid on my Messenger as i am not on Facebook of the horse that was punched being interviewed funny as i do not know how to down load it on here.

Any way its on Tik Tok site is Standup Speakout facebook.com/watch if some one can post it on here it would be great for every one to have laugh. :lol:
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Trader » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:49 pm

The Barcelona Olympics were 1992
The Olympics in 2012 were in London.

The footage is from the 2012 World Junior Athletics Championship, which was held in Barcelona.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 793 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Trader wrote:

The footage is from the 2012 World Junior Athletics Championship, which was held in Barcelona.

Piss off with ya facts ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:57 pm

Trader wrote:

Were there other runners?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Trader wrote:

Piss off with ya facts ;)

I have now got that song stuck in my head, it has nothing to do with watching the clip a few times in a row and showing a few colleagues.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Any one that is interested this a very interesting news report being run on some MSM sites in the UK in the last cupla days.

https://clarion.causeaction.com/2021/07 ... admission/

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:22 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Any one that is interested this a very interesting news report being run on some MSM sites in the UK in the last cupla days.

Did you order a pillow?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Any one that is interested this a very interesting news report being run on some MSM sites in the UK in the last cupla days.

Did you order a pillow?

Nah but can i bring my onesie doona and a bottle of scotch so we can watch together and not get bored :lol:

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Mic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:23 pm

I didn't mind the lockdown personally, gave me extra time with my 2 kids. Made work really boring, but at least I was able to continue doing it so I certainly can't complain.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:27 pm

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has explained why sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts – but won’t be allowed to compete.

Sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts on Wednesday, but competition will remain on hold until further notice.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said restricting teams from competition would minimise contact between people from different areas of the city and state.

“The difference (between training and competition) is that, if you’re training, you’re training with a group of people that you normally come into contact with,” he told ABC Radio Adelaide on Tuesday.

“When you allow teams to compete, they invariably come from different parts of the wider metropolitan area or different country locations to compete together.

“You’re bringing different communities together, which means, if we do have an outbreak, the potential spread is much wider than if you just have it within a group of people who normally get together.”

Mr Stevens said he was hopeful that the state could keep “moving in the right direction”, and the rules were being worked out in consultation with the Department for Recreation and Sport.

“We think it’s the right step at this point in time, but we’re really hopeful that, over the next seven days, we continue to keep on top of this Modbury outbreak and we don’t see any further seeping from New South Wales,” he said.

AFL was also put on hold during the state’s seven-day lockdown.

Adelaide had been due to take on Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval this weekend, but the game was brought forward and instead played in at an empty Marvel Stadium in Melbourne last Saturday.

Mr Stevens said he had not been involved in any conversation about re-starting footy in the state this weekend.

This is the biggest load of shite i have ever read, They are obviously not aware of all the metro players that train in the country and country players who train in the city.
An amateur club could have what? about up to 80 on the track from all over the metro area? When they play a game its only 44, with probably at least 25% of these never going anywhere near each other.
It is the most unnecessary restriction of all their mumbo jumbo.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby UpThere » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has explained why sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts – but won’t be allowed to compete.

Sporting clubs will be allowed to resume training when lockdown lifts on Wednesday, but competition will remain on hold until further notice.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said restricting teams from competition would minimise contact between people from different areas of the city and state.

“The difference (between training and competition) is that, if you’re training, you’re training with a group of people that you normally come into contact with,” he told ABC Radio Adelaide on Tuesday.

“When you allow teams to compete, they invariably come from different parts of the wider metropolitan area or different country locations to compete together.

“You’re bringing different communities together, which means, if we do have an outbreak, the potential spread is much wider than if you just have it within a group of people who normally get together.”

Mr Stevens said he was hopeful that the state could keep “moving in the right direction”, and the rules were being worked out in consultation with the Department for Recreation and Sport.

“We think it’s the right step at this point in time, but we’re really hopeful that, over the next seven days, we continue to keep on top of this Modbury outbreak and we don’t see any further seeping from New South Wales,” he said.

AFL was also put on hold during the state’s seven-day lockdown.

Adelaide had been due to take on Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval this weekend, but the game was brought forward and instead played in at an empty Marvel Stadium in Melbourne last Saturday.

Mr Stevens said he had not been involved in any conversation about re-starting footy in the state this weekend.

This is the biggest load of shite i have ever read, They are obviously not aware of all the metro players that train in the country and country players who train in the city.
An amateur club could have what? about up to 80 on the track from all over the metro area? When they play a game its only 44, with probably at least 25% of these never going anywhere near each other.
It is the most unnecessary restriction of all their mumbo jumbo.

Absolutely! It is completely unnecessary and the reasoning is just as bad.
UpThere
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:08 pm

I believe today was the magic amount of time lapsed that confirmed we wont be getting any cases wahtsoever from the Tailem Bend "scare". This highly contagious variant is out of control.
Did the Tailem Bend scare contribute to our future restrictions as of tonight? I think its hard to argue that it hasnt, they speak of NSW a fair bit in their c ommunication with the public.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:18 pm

Wedgie wrote:So I assume I have to wear a mask tomorrow working indoors in a public place. Do the customers have to wear one when not sipping their beers too?

Ill be interested to know the answer to this, seems to be just a tad inconsistent.
I assume you wont have to wear a mask whilst you are seated consuming your food and drink. you could drink at the pub all day/night, mix with many different people up close for extended periods of time and its all ok to do so without a mask. But go to a supermarket where you have "fleeting"contact and you must wear a mask. Dont think there has been a case transmitted in SA in a supermarket yet.

Sit in school all day, must wear a mask, have a beer while your teacher teaches you algebra, all good to not wear a mask? :D
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion