CDFC 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:46 am

southernbulldog wrote:With Kris Grant going i wonder if we will go outside the club for the new CEO or stick with a CDFC person like we tend to do

I would hope they go external. I think we need someone to come in and look at the club from top to bottom with a completely different eye and mind set.

Sadly though I'm not sure our club is 'comfortable' with outsiders coming in and having an influence so expecting it to be one of the lads.

What do Dogs fans want from a new CEO, for me the top items have to be:

-Create a framework and structure that re-engages the local community. I feel the last 5 years has really seen the club lose the communities hearts and minds. A stronger financial position may allow for this and could see the creation of a 'bulldog foundation' type arrangement in which money raised by the club could assist with local programs costs / individual inclusion funds.
-Review the junior development program with an eye to creating an innovative and industry leading pathway to league football. Including building much stronger relationships with the clubs within our region. Our whole junior development needs a review especially for those making the jump from 18's to senior football. Would love to see the club involved with one of the local public schools to offer a football scholarship. (potentially this is already happening but I haven't heard of it)
-Explore means in which the club can become a stronger employer for potential recruits and established current players.
-Continue to find / increase income opportunities at Grand Central. Solely relying on Pokie / Bar money doesn't cut the mustard anymore. There has to be ways to generate more income from such a strong community building asset.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby beef » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 am

whufc wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:With Kris Grant going i wonder if we will go outside the club for the new CEO or stick with a CDFC person like we tend to do

I would hope they go external. I think we need someone to come in and look at the club from top to bottom with a completely different eye and mind set.

Sadly though I'm not sure our club is 'comfortable' with outsiders coming in and having an influence so expecting it to be one of the lads.

-Create a framework and structure that re-engages the local community. I feel the last 5 years has really seen the club lose the communities hearts and minds. A stronger financial position may allow for this and could see the creation of a 'bulldog foundation' type arrangement in which money raised by the club could assist with local programs costs / individual inclusion funds.
-Review the junior development program with an eye to creating an innovative and industry leading pathway to league football. Including building much stronger relationships with the clubs within our region. Our whole junior development needs a review especially for those making the jump from 18's to senior football. Would love to see the club involved with one of the local public schools to offer a football scholarship. (potentially this is already happening but I haven't heard of it)
-Explore means in which the club can become a stronger employer for potential recruits and established current players.
-Continue to find / increase income opportunities at Grand Central. Solely relying on Pokie / Bar money doesn't cut the mustard anymore. There has to be ways to generate more income from such a strong community building asset.

27 of the 44 who played league or reserves on the weekend came through the underage program. Not sure how that matches with the other clubs but i would say that's reasonable development for a program that is always bottom of the ladder.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:26 am

beef wrote:
whufc wrote:

27 of the 44 who played league or reserves on the weekend came through the underage program. Not sure how that matches with the other clubs but i would say that's reasonable development for a program that is always bottom of the ladder.

The issue is not them getting to senior football but their development seems to stop at that point. We just cant seem to transition talented under 18's into genuine SANFL standard players. They seem to do really well at ressies level and then that's it.

We have blokes who are serviceable and show promise in their first 20 games but then never go on to reach great heights between 20-50 games. Look at how many of our blokes are still in and out of the league/Ressie side on a week to week basis.

Why is that the case, I don't have the answer:

-Not enough mature talent around them to harness and develop their talent
-There actually the best out of an average bunch of juniors, without having the stats in front of me but our under 18's haven't been very successful have they
-Training standards at league level aren't working
-Is the off field culture strong enough.
-Yeah they have played 'league' football but that says more about our overall quality than theirs.
whufc
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:13 am

Definitely need to go outside for new CEO to shake up the place but therein lies the problem because it is such a boys club we wont want anyone coming in and upsetting what is going on now .We need change but unfortunately dont think it will happen .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Pretty sure someone external has already been approached, an ex-Bulldog with pretty good credentials.
A new pokies venue out of Main North Road has been approved too.
I've been at the board for a few years now to invest money into other avenues, met with very negative responses so far BUT that might all change now.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Big Phil » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:27 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Pretty sure someone external has already been approached, an ex-Bulldog with pretty good credentials.
I've been at the board for a few years now to invest money into other avenues, met with very negative responses so far BUT that might all change now.

Meggsy?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby northerner » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Big Phil wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Pretty sure someone external has already been approached, an ex-Bulldog with pretty good credentials.

Meggsy?

Marco? Has marketing background....
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby JK » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Centurion?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Big Phil » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:15 pm

northerner wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Meggsy?

Marco? Has marketing background....

Wouldn't have thought a SANFL Club CEO Salary would entice him away from his AFL Development Coaching role?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:44 pm

JK wrote:

Centurion?

now wouldn't THAT be fun!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Meggsy?
;)
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:

Centurion?

Bring back the Gummy Bears!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:34 am

Dutchy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:

Centurion?

Bring back the Gummy Bears!

And drinking bottles of red on the terraces!
And one-on-ones with fiddy cent! :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby robranisgod » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Having seen what Central did to North in the first game of the year, I am very surprised that they haven't been more competitive. Sure Prestbury, who I have always rated had a fantastic game and North were undermanned in defence, but Central were very impressive that day. The scoreboard flattered North and if you had asked me which team would be a finals side, I would have said Central.
All I hope that is 1987 and 2018 revisited where Central beat North at Elizabeth in the first game of the year, yet North went on to win the flag.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Meggsy?

The North Adelaide Football Club advises that Chief Executive Greg Edwards has decided not to seek a further contract term beyond this year. The Board respects Greg’s decision and wishes to thank him for his 11 years of excellent service to our club, the past 10 years as Chief Executive. Amongst his other achievements, the Board would particularly like to thank Greg for his commitment and tireless work over the past 18 months through COVID.

Greg advised me of his decision yesterday (Tuesday) and following some discussion, the Board believed it important to inform our membership as soon as practicable of Greg’s decision. Given the immediacy of events, the Board is working through the transition arrangements of Greg’s decision and the process for appointing our next Chief Executive.

I look forward to keeping you informed on the progress of the next chapter of administration in the history of our great club, and wish Greg all the very best with the return to his “football roots” at Central Districts.

Andrew Souter
President & Chairman
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:45 pm

Once again SA Footy.net on the money it seems ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:02 pm

Fantastic to see Meggsy coming home
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Spargo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:42 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Fantastic to see Meggsy coming home

Going away from topic (and I don’t need to tell many Centrals’ supporters) but that 1982 season of his was something else.
Absolute tragedy we never saw more than 40 or so games from him.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Hazydog » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Spargo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Fantastic to see Meggsy coming home

Going away from topic (and I don’t need to tell many Centrals’ supporters) but that 1982 season of his was something else.
Absolute tragedy we never saw more than 40 or so games from him.

Very much so. Hadn't reached anywhere near his peak yet was already as good a footballer the club ever had or has since produced.

Is it a tad strange that North have effectively announced he is taking on the CEO/General Manager role at Centrals prior to an announcement from the Ponderosa?

Having said the rumour has been around for at least a couple of years that he would replace Kris..
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby whufc » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:05 pm

Appears we didn’t go out to the market which is a bit surprising but very happy to land Edwards

Love that he has jumped across at first opportunity, obviously has a mission to complete here.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL