Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am

Brodlach wrote:What sort of abuse?

From general people or the participating families?

Just general people for us running a program that was aimed at Indian kids.. then it was that the program was "free" whilst "white kids" have to pay.

Discriminating against "aussie" kids.

FMD it's a 4 week introductory program, and we have ran several free programs the last few years to all. :roll:

These people from what i can gather have no affiliation to cricket anywhere though, must've just seen the post somewhere and got on their high horse.

For the record.. SACA have done these for a couple of years - we are just the ground being used - and they are covering Afghanistan, Africa, China, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Latin America, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indoor, Inclusive Cricket (Deaf, blind, ID).

Also as a club we are running the Growing for Gold program through local council in a few weeks - that's free. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:54 am

The Bedge wrote:

Just general people for us running a program that was aimed at Indian kids.. then it was that the program was "free" whilst "white kids" have to pay.

FMD it's a 4 week introductory program, and we have ran several free programs the last few years to all. :roll:

These people from what i can gather have no affiliation to cricket anywhere though, must've just seen the post somewhere and got on their high horse.

For the record.. SACA have done these for a couple of years - we are just the ground being used - and they are covering Afghanistan, Africa, China, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Latin America, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indoor, Inclusive Cricket (Deaf, blind, ID).

Also as a club we are running the Growing for Gold program through local council in a few weeks - that's free. :roll:

Hey Bedge, I want to sponsor again this year, where do i find the forms to fill out?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1660 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Hey Bedge, I want to sponsor again this year, where do i find the forms to fill out?

I'll get the secretary and sponsorship coordinator onto it ASAP - given they live together I'm sure one of them can sort it :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:04 am

The Bedge wrote:SACA are running a stack of multicultural blast centres around the state - my club is going to host the "India" one.

The amount of abuse I received last night from people with no cricket affiliation or background because we were hosting an "Indian centre" was unbelievable!

They just didn't get the concept of what was happening or how broad the program was.

"I'm not racist but... " :evil:

I saw you share this on facebook and my immediate thought was which **** is going to be the first to say what about white people.

It pisses me off to no end that people get so butt hurt about it.

Great work mate and I hope you not only help more people get involved in cricket but your clubs gets rewarded in the long run. Love it.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:27 am

The Bedge wrote:

What club are you involved with?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yet another mate put on end of life care after a battle with cancer. We used to open the batting together and he's less than 6 months older than me. This getting old bizzo sux. :(

Passed away last night.
Cancer sucks. :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

What club are you involved with?

Enfield
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Yet another mate put on end of life care after a battle with cancer. We used to open the batting together and he's less than 6 months older than me. This getting old bizzo sux. :(

Passed away last night.
Cancer sucks. :(

Sorry to hear Wedgie, condolences...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:21 am

The suicide bomber in Kabul.

What happened to a peaceful take over? What happened to the 31st deadline?

Does this ground fleet want the US to just come in and reduce the whole place to rubble?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The suicide bomber in Kabul.

Does this ground fleet want the US to just come in and reduce the whole place to rubble?

Yeah dangerous times over there. Has a feel of ISIS somewhat undermining the Taliban. The only way the Taliban lose power is if Americans die and as you said they turn the whole place to rubble.

Could we see a major conflict between ISIS and the Taliban. At a guess ISIS would somewhat back themselves to defeat the Taliban a lot more than they could of defeated the US.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:39 am

whufc wrote:

Yeah dangerous times over there. Has a feel of ISIS somewhat undermining the Taliban. The only way the Taliban lose power is if Americans die and as you said they turn the whole place to rubble.

Could we see a major conflict between ISIS and the Taliban. At a guess ISIS would somewhat back themselves to defeat the Taliban a lot more than they could of defeated the US.

They'll end up joining forces along with the al qaeda and think they'll defeat the armed forces.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:53 am

Just leave the shithole & let them sort themselves out, it's been going on for years.
The Taliban now has all those weapons that the yanks left behind, surely they can fight ISIS better now.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Just leave the shithole & let them sort themselves out, it's been going on for years.
The Taliban now has all those weapons that the yanks left behind, surely they can fight ISIS better now.

Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:09 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

I'm hearing it was al-qaeda that done the bombing, there were Taliban casualties too.

Surely the US could ask for their weapons back? They brought them after all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Biden can't win on this, if he doesn't send troops back to eliminate these people that did this, he will look weak, the yanks will lynch him.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:06 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Islam has had hostile factions since their prophet Mohammed died:
Sunni lead by one of his generals who stepped up to lead the cause - the majority.
Shia who believed that his nephew Ali should have succeeded him and that that general who led the Sunni was a usurper.
Druse who split off from the Shia a thousand years ago and believed their leader Al-Hakin was an incarnation of Allah (God).
There is another sect who believe Shaitan (Satan) was reconciled with Allah (God) and should now be acknowledged as an angel.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:08 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Biden can't win on this, if he doesn't send troops back to eliminate these people that did this, he will look weak, the yanks will lynch him.

Going back in would be as futile as getting involved 20 years ago was.
The Russians couldn't win. So why did the yanks think they could?!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:23 pm

Give China a shot at it

they want to be world leaders
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Surely the US could ask for their weapons back? They brought them after all.[/quote]

Yea like they did in Vietnam .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:33 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Give China a shot at it

they want to be world leaders

Really I thought the US hold that award :roll:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach