R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby DOC » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:44 pm

Eagles play very well at Unley and are in top form.

So too Sturt who have been very impressive over the last 6 rounds.

Eagles by a goal.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12758
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 392 times
Been liked: 1338 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:06 am

Eagles won't lose 2 in a row, they'll win this one.
gazzamagoo
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 824 times
Been liked: 310 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:32 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Eagles won't lose 2 in a row, they'll win this one.

They had the bye last week & won the week before.
You still coming down from that Centrals’ win? ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13472
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4170 times
Been liked: 4151 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Spargo wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Eagles won't lose 2 in a row, they'll win this one.

They had the bye last week & won the week before.
You still coming down from that Centrals’ win? ;)

They'll lose next week. :D
gazzamagoo
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 824 times
Been liked: 310 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby whybother » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:27 pm

The Eagles lost the last minor round game 2020 to Centrals at Elizabeth, and then went on to win the GF. I wouldn't mind history repeating itself.
whybother
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:03 pm

Cruise Control.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 941 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Pseudo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:24 pm

10 minutes in and Sturt sits in 4th spot on the live ladder. Wasn't their season shot 2 months ago?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11060
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1276 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Pseudo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Pseudo wrote:10 minutes in and Sturt sits in 4th spot on the live ladder. Wasn't their season shot 2 months ago?

... half time and they're back in 6th.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11060
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1276 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby whybother » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Full time and Sturt's season is kapput
whybother
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Al4 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:28 pm

whybother wrote:Full time and Sturt's season is kapput


Sturt v North next weekend will be a ripper. North could lose 3rd spot to Norwood (who play Adelaide reserves) and Sturt will be hoping still to take 5th spot from South (who play West). Adelaide won't put up much opposition but West probably will.
Al4
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:28 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby goddy11 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Sturt is going in the right direction under Mattner. Will be a force next year. The Eags need to improve forward entry considerably.
User avatar
goddy11
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 157 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Pseudo » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Al4 wrote:
whybother wrote:Full time and Sturt's season is kapput


Sturt v North next weekend will be a ripper. North could lose 3rd spot to Norwood (who play Adelaide reserves) and Sturt will be hoping still to take 5th spot from South (who play West). Adelaide won't put up much opposition but West probably will.

And if Sturt does make the finals, they'll almost certainly face North again.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11060
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1276 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Thought it was a pretty scrappy affair today. Eagles will want to lift significantly if we want to push deeper into the finals. Good to get the win though. The spread of goal kickers today shows that we are not reliant on any one forward to kick a bag which is a good because the pressure always goes up in the finals.

Does anyone know what has happened to Macfarlane and Cameron? They have been missing for a few weeks now. Will they be back in time to play a role in the finals? The eagles website is terrible at providing this information. A few years ago they were proactive in doing it but in the last 2 years they seem to have got lazy and outsourced the information it contains to the SANFL. Consequently there is no information on injuries, no match summaries, no coaches reports. I get they are trying to save $$ but would have thought it would take 20mins to post this information during the week.

I could easily see Sturt beating North next week but can't see South losing to West. Sturt are a decent team and probably at the moment just lack that one tall forward and polished midfielder that would take them to the next level. Their big ruckman is very impressive.
Mr Fuller
Reserves
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:16 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 97 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Gazz » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Ugly win but most of them have been in 2021. Our forward entries leave a lot to be desired but we only need to get it right in 1 game if we can get there
We have been red hot favourites and not got it done. It all starts again in 2 weeks no matter how you got there
Gazz
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:21 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby goddy11 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Thought it was a pretty scrappy affair today. Eagles will want to lift significantly if we want to push deeper into the finals. Good to get the win though. The spread of goal kickers today shows that we are not reliant on any one forward to kick a bag which is a good because the pressure always goes up in the finals.

Does anyone know what has happened to Macfarlane and Cameron? They have been missing for a few weeks now. Will they be back in time to play a role in the finals? The eagles website is terrible at providing this information. A few years ago they were proactive in doing it but in the last 2 years they seem to have got lazy and outsourced the information it contains to the SANFL. Consequently there is no information on injuries, no match summaries, no coaches reports. I get they are trying to save $$ but would have thought it would take 20mins to post this information during the week.

I could easily see Sturt beating North next week but can't see South losing to West. Sturt are a decent team and probably at the moment just lack that one tall forward and polished midfielder that would take them to the next level. Their big ruckman is very impressive.



try this
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/injury ... -round-17/
User avatar
goddy11
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 157 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:57 am

Ok I’ve been quiet on this game . Watched it on the pass less said about the pass the better but it’s better than nothing .
My take according to the internet Sturt ( excluding Glenelg as they are the form side ) was the form side of the league until yesterday’s game !
Eagles won to me it wasn’t pretty but the Eagles won after let’s say the bye . Eagles are known to drop a game after a bye .
Eagles do need to improve for the finals .
But the Eagles younger players stepped up and helped the team win !
And yesterday’s game was bigger for Sturt than the Eagles however the Eagles cemented second spot .
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:22 pm

MJP1993 wrote:Ok I’ve been quiet on this game . Watched it on the pass less said about the pass the better but it’s better than nothing .
My take according to the internet Sturt ( excluding Glenelg as they are the form side ) was the form side of the league until yesterday’s game !
Eagles won to me it wasn’t pretty but the Eagles won after let’s say the bye . Eagles are known to drop a game after a bye .
Eagles do need to improve for the finals .
But the Eagles younger players stepped up and helped the team win !
And yesterday’s game was bigger for Sturt than the Eagles however the Eagles cemented second spot .

Barring my mob, North were clearly the form side going into yesterday’s games winning six on the trot.
Sturt had only won 3 in a row against the 7th, 9th & 10th placed sides. If the Eagles lost yesterday you could’ve almost ruled a line through them for this year.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13472
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4170 times
Been liked: 4151 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:45 pm

Spargo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:Ok I’ve been quiet on this game . Watched it on the pass less said about the pass the better but it’s better than nothing .
My take according to the internet Sturt ( excluding Glenelg as they are the form side ) was the form side of the league until yesterday’s game !
Eagles won to me it wasn’t pretty but the Eagles won after let’s say the bye . Eagles are known to drop a game after a bye .
Eagles do need to improve for the finals .
But the Eagles younger players stepped up and helped the team win !
And yesterday’s game was bigger for Sturt than the Eagles however the Eagles cemented second spot .

Barring my mob, North were clearly the form side going into yesterday’s games winning six on the trot.
Sturt had only won 3 in a row against the 7th, 9th & 10th placed sides. If the Eagles lost yesterday you could’ve almost ruled a line through them for this year.


Somewhere online I saw people saying Sturt were the form side end of the day doesn’t matter now . And the digital pass callers were telling the viewers how well Sturt were doing yesterday .
Honestly I’m surprised North lost to Norwood looking at the scores , North kicked themselves out of that game !
But your over looking the fact that the Eagles don’t play well after a bye or split round they did yesterday by winning .
I did forget to mention Tistas 42 touches class player
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby ferret » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Thought it was a pretty scrappy affair today. Eagles will want to lift significantly if we want to push deeper into the finals. Good to get the win though. The spread of goal kickers today shows that we are not reliant on any one forward to kick a bag which is a good because the pressure always goes up in the finals.

Does anyone know what has happened to Macfarlane and Cameron? They have been missing for a few weeks now. Will they be back in time to play a role in the finals? The eagles website is terrible at providing this information. A few years ago they were proactive in doing it but in the last 2 years they seem to have got lazy and outsourced the information it contains to the SANFL. Consequently there is no information on injuries, no match summaries, no coaches reports. I get they are trying to save $$ but would have thought it would take 20mins to post this information during the week.

I could easily see Sturt beating North next week but can't see South losing to West. Sturt are a decent team and probably at the moment just lack that one tall forward and polished midfielder that would take them to the next level. Their big ruckman is very impressive.


Doom and Gloom again from you "Mr Fuller". Not every match can be a pretty win. It was life or death for the Blues. Marty M. mentioned that Sturt's defence played very well, very easy to flood and be negative on a small oval. I thought you must have looked at the premiership table upside down, we are second to top not second to bottom. A premiership last season and second placing currently is a bloody good effort. With only four players playing every game, significant long term injuries and replacing many from last years team, it's been pretty hard to get consistency but will still have been winning. The crew at Oval Avenue have been doing a fantastic job, with the coach embracing all aspects of the club especially the juniors who are our future. So what about some positive encouragement heading in to the finals.
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: R18 Sturt v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby whybother » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Agree Mr Ferret with all you say. I think that the Eagle's recruiting team have done a fantastic job in getting together last years team, and then replacing half of them to finish (probably) second this year with a percentage just a fraction off Glenelg's that haven't lost a game.

And finals can bring out a different attitude to the game from the home & away season.
whybother
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mr Fuller and 17 guests