Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Good 100 by Carey, great to see and well timed with doubt over Paine.

Poor output by the Redbacks, but not ready to turn on them just yet - that’s a bloody good side WA put out

Not ready to turn on them yet?
You gonna wait another 20 years? ;)

I like to be optimistic every season until December :lol:

Same here and very happy to be proven wrong but I fear that we are going to see more of the same again this season as in reality the cracks have only been papered over.
From what I've heard it's teflon Tim Nielsen who still controls everything - even Dizzy is a puppet. Unless you suck up to Nielsen you won't get a look in (although I thought he's supposed to be not involved with selections?). Now I've see they have Mark Cosgrove as one of the coaches in there - another job for the boys. I suppose he's in charge of fitness and nutrition??LOL
Unfortunately for Dizzy he's going to be the one looking bad and he needs to start taking control behind the scenes as well. If things don't improve by Xmas they need to start rewarding young players who perform. The development of local juniors has been poor as either the coaches are lazy or just incompetent. They have some good local youngsters on the list but I fear they will go by the wayside like others before them.
I don't recall an AFL club being this bad for so long and still have the same CEO in charge?
Fish rots from the head first!!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:56 pm

Cossie was a good player but not technically great.
Surely there are better batting coaches out there.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:16 pm

Employ me as batting coach

Rule 1. No glides to third man, ban that shot and any half-arsed wafting outside off
Rule 2. Keep it on the ground if you are playing on a carpet outfield
Rule 3. Success
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1413 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Good 100 by Carey, great to see and well timed with doubt over Paine.

Poor output by the Redbacks, but not ready to turn on them just yet - that’s a bloody good side WA put out

I like to be optimistic every season until December [emoji38]

Same here and very happy to be proven wrong but I fear that we are going to see more of the same again this season as in reality the cracks have only been papered over.
From what I've heard it's teflon Tim Nielsen who still controls everything - even Dizzy is a puppet. Unless you suck up to Nielsen you won't get a look in (although I thought he's supposed to be not involved with selections?). Now I've see they have Mark Cosgrove as one of the coaches in there - another job for the boys. I suppose he's in charge of fitness and nutrition??LOL
Unfortunately for Dizzy he's going to be the one looking bad and he needs to start taking control behind the scenes as well. If things don't improve by Xmas they need to start rewarding young players who perform. The development of local juniors has been poor as either the coaches are lazy or just incompetent. They have some good local youngsters on the list but I fear they will go by the wayside like others before them.
I don't recall an AFL club being this bad for so long and still have the same CEO in charge?

Does anyone know what is Cossies actual role with the Redbacks? I saw him present McSweeney with his cap and I wondered how long he's been a part of the group. I tried to find what he's doing with the Redbacks but the only news I could find on him recently is that he is one of a group of former Redbacks that Dizzie has got to spend time with and speak to the current playing group. Is he still coaching Northern Districts this summer?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:00 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Great to be a South Aussie, we have the Redbacks, the Power, the Crows ands the 36ers, there's only two things that avoid us, COVID and success.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Does anyone know what is Cossies actual role with the Redbacks? I saw him present McSweeney with his cap and I wondered how long he's been a part of the group. I tried to find what he's doing with the Redbacks but the only news I could find on him recently is that he is one of a group of former Redbacks that Dizzie has got to spend time with and speak to the current playing group. Is he still coaching Northern Districts this summer?

Fitness coach.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:04 am

Minimum Chips wrote:Same here and very happy to be proven wrong but I fear that we are going to see more of the same again this season as in reality the cracks have only been papered over.

Our team looks a lot weaker than last season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Does anyone know what is Cossies actual role with the Redbacks? I saw him present McSweeney with his cap and I wondered how long he's been a part of the group. I tried to find what he's doing with the Redbacks but the only news I could find on him recently is that he is one of a group of former Redbacks that Dizzie has got to spend time with and speak to the current playing group. Is he still coaching Northern Districts this summer?

Fitness coach.

And the dietician
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am

So Mitch Marsh has pulled out of the SS game now so he can concentrate on the T20 WC
What a absolute joke
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 am

Jim05 wrote:So Mitch Marsh has pulled out of the SS game now so he can concentrate on the T20 WC
What a absolute joke

Why is that a joke?

I'm glad he has for one thing, 220 less runs we have to chase.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Just checked out yesterday's dismissals, by crikey there were some ordinary ones.

Weatherman: WTF? We're sitting on 10 an over and you advance the Dorf?
Trav: Picked the only fielder out there beautifully.
McSweeney: The same but while you've only scored 1 and you're trying to cement your spot in a state team?
Nielsen: Trying to glide a ball through the slip region despite their being 3 players behind point and the ball being on a great line.
Gibson: Arguably going down leg but shessh, it was a full bloody toss FFS!!!
Kerber: Not quite sure what to make of that? Trying to out-stupid Nielsen's dismissal.
McAndrew: Did everything you're not meant to do with a non-spinning ball.

The rest I could forgive given their batting.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Just checked out yesterday's dismissals, by crikey there were some ordinary ones.

Waetherman: WTF? We're sitting on 10 an over and you advance the Dorf?

He’s a dead set space man that bloke.
Not much between the ears unfortunately
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Just checked out yesterday's dismissals, by crikey there were some ordinary ones.

Waetherman: WTF? We're sitting on 10 an over and you advance the Dorf?

He’s a dead set space man that bloke.
Not much between the ears unfortunately

Is great to watch when on song but bloody hell, have some patience son.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Weatherman: WTF? We're sitting on 10 an over and you advance the Dorf?
Trav: Picked the only fielder out there beautifully.
McSweeney: The same but while you've only scored 1 and you're trying to cement your spot in a state team?
Nielsen: Trying to glide a ball through the slip region despite their being 3 players behind point and the ball being on a great line.
Gibson: Arguably going down leg but shessh, it was a full bloody toss FFS!!!
Kerber: Not quite sure what to make of that? Trying to out-stupid Nielsen's dismissal.
McAndrew: Did everything you're not meant to do with a non-spinning ball.

The rest I could forgive given their batting.

Weatherald obviously trying to set the tone and go hard early (which SA needed to do) and perhaps was going too hard and therefore giving Behrendorff more of a chance of getting him and Agar took a very good catch.

Head giving catching practice to Short picking him out perfectly is super frustrating.

McAndrew missing a straight one is as bad as it gets for a first class cricketer, again he was trying to go hard at Agar.

Nielsen's is the worst given how the field was set like you mentioned and you can see after he nicked it to Inglis he immediately played a shot with a straight bat as if to say that's what I should of done.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Weatherald, Head and McSweeney could all have ended up as boundaries if slightly to either side of the fielder (or little more depth).
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Happy to let the batters off on this one......bowlers on the other hand absolute pie chuckers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:00 pm

whufc wrote:Happy to let the batters off on this one......bowlers on the other hand absolute pie chuckers.

Tree Hugger!! :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Gosaints » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Fitness coach.

And the dietician

if Cossie is on the saca payroll it confirms that this state is well and truly stuffed.

now seeing junior development of players not a priority as it is easier to just pay recruits from elsewhere. grade clubs going the same way. juniors just providing an income stream to recruit.
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:32 am

OK another season of Shield heartbreak is about to unfold, we have all been here, if they are going to lose every game this year Im at least going to profit from it, keep rolling the profits into the next game, I genuinely hope I lose this $50.

Game 1 - WA to beat SA
$50 @ $1.33 = $66.50
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:39 am

SA XI

Jake Weatherald, Henry Hunt, Jake Carder, Travis Head (c), Alex Carey (wk), Jake Lehmann, Sam Kerber, Nathan McAndrew, Daniel Worrall, David Grant, Lloyd Pope

NEW Carder (ex WA) (McAndrew ex Auckland)

WA XI
Sam Whiteman, Cameron Bancroft, Shaun Marsh (c), Cameron Green, Hilton Cartwright, Josh Philippe, Josh Inglis (wk), Joel Paris, Matthew Kelly, Corey Rocchiccioli, Lance Morris

NEW Rocchiccioli right arm spinner
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1413 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket