St Pauls OS
2%
West Croydon
No votes

Total votes : 44

2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 am

D5 talk goes here

(I think the teams are right, will correct if not)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:21 am

Not a lot of travelling if you're at a club north of Grand Junction Road. Unless you play for Lockleys or CLG lol.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby giffo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Not a lot of travelling if you're at a club north of Grand Junction Road. Unless you play for Lockleys or CLG lol.

Was just thinking that myself. Good thing we have a D grade and womens who will play at home on the weekends the other 3 sides will be out north, so I wont need to travel.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby BigCat99 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:53 pm

Elizabeth bound to be another Fitzroy/west Croydon/trinity and straight back to division 6 the next year.
Rumour has it quite a few have left to play elsewhere.

Seems their commitee has decided not to pay players nor coaches for around the 7th/8th year now in a row.
You’ve gotta feel for the players not having a commitee wanting success in higher divisions and giving the young players the opportunity of playing a better standard of footy with the help of a few recruited players. Pretty sure in this modern age even majority of the division 7 teams pay a few players let alone now a team in division 5, its a credit to them getting this far but sad to see it’ll be put to waste most likely and take them another how many years to get the next premiership. Funny how a few littler clubs around the corner including Central United and Brahma lodge can offer payments but a bigger recognised northern club can’t and haven’t done for years.
I heard years ago about money vanishing behind the scenes but thought that was all put to bed, would love to know what their sponsors cover over the years and where exactly the club profits have ended up.
Gonna be extremely hard to compete with teams like Gepps cross / kilburn just relying on the young locals and even harder to recruit chucking a new by a canteen voucher an his registration covered.
BigCat99
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:09 am

BigCat99 wrote:Elizabeth bound to be another Fitzroy/west Croydon/trinity and straight back to division 6 the next year.

Seems their commitee has decided not to pay players nor coaches for around the 7th/8th year now in a row.
You’ve gotta feel for the players not having a commitee wanting success in higher divisions and giving the young players the opportunity of playing a better standard of footy with the help of a few recruited players. Pretty sure in this modern age even majority of the division 7 teams pay a few players let alone now a team in division 5, its a credit to them getting this far but sad to see it’ll be put to waste most likely and take them another how many years to get the next premiership. Funny how a few littler clubs around the corner including Central United and Brahma lodge can offer payments but a bigger recognised northern club can’t and haven’t done for years.
I heard years ago about money vanishing behind the scenes but thought that was all put to bed, would love to know what their sponsors cover over the years and where exactly the club profits have ended up.
Gonna be extremely hard to compete with teams like Gepps cross / kilburn just relying on the young locals and even harder to recruit chucking a new by a canteen voucher an his registration covered.

They were going to suck next year in division 5 either way.. Won the flag last year in the worst division by far, the top 3 div 7 teams would have matched them for sure and the rest of division 6 would have been like the bottom end of 7.. No bell in the ball for them next season means a very long year, bring them back to reality a bit anyway.. Making average players look like stars last year chasing around a ball that made made noises every time you were close lol
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby BigCat99 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:19 am

Definitely disagree comparing 6/7 as there’s no way the top division 7 would compare with even the middle division 6 teams but would more so say the middle and bottom half of 5 would easily match with the top division 6 teams.
Watching a lot of footage of division 5 wasn’t impressive apart from the top 2 teams, it wasn’t far off Elizabeth, St Paul’s and Blackfriars. They’ll compete just won’t be a top team to beat really.
But comparing division 7 to anybody else is ludacrus

But yeah not good signs early for the eagles
BigCat99
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:31 am

BigCat99 wrote:Definitely disagree comparing 6/7 as there’s no way the top division 7 would compare with even the middle division 6 teams but would more so say the middle and bottom half of 5 would easily match with the top division 6 teams.
Watching a lot of footage of division 5 wasn’t impressive apart from the top 2 teams, it wasn’t far off Elizabeth, St Paul’s and Blackfriars. They’ll compete just won’t be a top team to beat really.

You’re off your head - D5 is 10 goals better than D6 comfortably.

I saw some D6 live and D7 finals lives - very little difference between the two this year. Brahma would’ve been better than Para Hills, Ingle Farm & Mawson Lakes - perhaps even Marion.

D6 was a putrid standard of football this year compared to years gone by.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:43 am

BigCat99 wrote:Definitely disagree comparing 6/7 as there’s no way the top division 7 would compare with even the middle division 6 teams but would more so say the middle and bottom half of 5 would easily match with the top division 6 teams.

Well considering there was literally 1 game that separated the top 5 teams in division 5 I find it weird you think that.. I’m certain that the 2 teams that come up will not get within 10 goals of Lockleys (finished 5th last season), CLG (prelim final) or Eastern park (Prelim final), then you can add in kilburn and gepps cross who will be around the mark also.. They might have been alright against Fitzroy or west Croydon but I still doubt that lol

Kidding yourself if you think the top 3 teams in 7 wouldn’t have matched it with the top few in 6, there was literally a bell in the ball for division 6 last year!. I played a lot of footy with majority of Elizabeth’s undefeated team and 85% of them used to cut oranges for us and get in the team photo at the end of the year lol
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Chappy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:01 am

Salisbury were good on their day also. Had a few shockers but were generally very competitive.

The two Games we played against Heccies were tight as well. They are a pretty handy side.

I have my doubts the two coming up from Div 6 will concern many. Hopefully they recruit well and suprise.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:10 am

Chappy wrote:Salisbury were good on their day also. Had a few shockers but were generally very competitive.

The two Games we played against Heccies were tight as well. They are a pretty handy side.

I have my doubts the two coming up from Div 6 will concern many. Hopefully they recruit well and suprise.

Yeah I completely forgot about both of them to be honest, Salisbury and hectorville were both very good on their day and both had some seriously good players.. Both games against Salisbury were tough for us and then one of the games against hectorville we drew! Think div 5 was easily the most even division last year and I can see it being the same next season besides 2-3 teams
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby one day I will » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys.
We will have to see what happens next year I guess.
There’s no doubt div 5 will be harder as we know getting to div 4 some years ago was very difficult to hold success in that div.

To be honest I’d rather float around div 5-6 and get our club in a better position financially then paying good cash like Eastern park and getting to div 1 then going all the way back down to shitty div 5 and almost got to div 6 a few years ago.
That’s much worse reckon.

All bullshit aside I do believe Eastern park will be hard to beat but see what comes of that i guess.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Whoa Div 5 ain’t shitty.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby one day I will » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:11 pm

Brodlach wrote:Whoa Div 5 ain’t shitty.

Not as shitty as div 6 :D

The continued debate of will a Div5-6 Agrade side beat div 1 reserves side.
No it won’t!!
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:22 pm

one day I will wrote:

No it won’t!!

yeah but why destroy a good long-standing argument :lol:

Its still my aim to get two teams to agree to this match one day, to solve this mystery once and for all! 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby one day I will » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
one day I will wrote:

No it won’t!!

yeah but why destroy a good long-standing argument :lol:

Its still my aim to get two teams to agree to this match one day, to solve this mystery once and for all! 8)

Yes please do, would love to see it. :lol:
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Pag » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:41 pm

It's not just an Elizabeth issue. West Croydon, Fitzroy, Blackfriars, Trinity etc over the last 2-3 years have all found the jump from 6 to 5 difficult.

With that being said, I'd still expect there to be a bit of a gap between the top 6 and the rest this year.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Chappy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Pag wrote:It's not just an Elizabeth issue. West Croydon, Fitzroy, Blackfriars, Trinity etc over the last 2-3 years have all found the jump from 6 to 5 difficult.

With that being said, I'd still expect there to be a bit of a gap between the top 6 and the rest this year.

Add Rosewater and Heccies to that. Second time Heccies have looked more prepared.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Chappy wrote:
Pag wrote:It's not just an Elizabeth issue. West Croydon, Fitzroy, Blackfriars, Trinity etc over the last 2-3 years have all found the jump from 6 to 5 difficult.

Add Rosewater and Heccies to that. Second time Heccies have looked more prepared.

Hectorville with Mazzone and JG-G will always be competitive
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Burner » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:32 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
BigCat99 wrote:Elizabeth bound to be another Fitzroy/west Croydon/trinity and straight back to division 6 the next year.

They were going to suck next year in division 5 either way.. Won the flag last year in the worst division by far, the top 3 div 7 teams would have matched them for sure and the rest of division 6 would have been like the bottom end of 7.. No bell in the ball for them next season means a very long year, bring them back to reality a bit anyway.. Making average players look like stars last year chasing around a ball that made made noises every time you were close lol

Bit rich to trash Elizabeth’s season last year and then recruit one of their players and talk up his contributions from said season isn’t it? Not very impressive if the competition was garbage.
Burner

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby oldman » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:23 pm

one day I will wrote:

No it won’t!!

I feel well equipped to answer this question
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League