2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:59 am

My observation over the past couple seasons seems to be that people don't want to coach because they have a passion, or because they want to challenge themselves.

So many "coaches" want the "perfect" environment - they want 40+ on the track, they want highly successful A grade squad, they want high likelihood of success - and they want to be remunerated well for it.

Very few are willing to put in the work to make the difference or work with what they have - and as pointed out by Morell, most are too piss weak to be honest and instead hide behind lies to save face when walking away from a club because they don't get what they want.

The lower the division, the more it happens, and it seems the more some people try to bully clubs into giving what they want because those clubs want out of the lower grades.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4008 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:00 am

Sounds like a lot of players too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:05 am

Brodlach wrote:Sounds like a lot of players too

Agree
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:11 am

MarionPremers2018 wrote:By the looks of things Ingle farm, para hills, Houghton have all proved they will be hard to beat in div7 going by the trial match results theses last 2 weeks

Would not be jumping the gun. This looks to be a very hotly contested division - could be the strongest D7 in god knows how long.

Mawson Lakes have built a handy list with players from Gaza, North Haven, Waikerie etc - won both their trial games against Blanchetown and Smithfield. Look very fit, well structured, good depth.

Flinders Uni by all reports on the weekend looked very slick, and have recruited a swag of country kids who have moved to Uni this year.

Hackham were far improved last season, and many in D7 thought by the end of the year they were a real threat.

OSB/Lonsdale continue to add to their list, and expect to be 10-15 goals better at a minimum.

Mitchell Park will play with pride and play for Scooter - they weren't far off finals last season, and I don't know how they'll go this year but I wouldn't be taking them lightly by any means, especially at home and especially when they have their backs to the wall.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:52 pm

We're bullish this year and I think are better than last year. Quietly confident of surprising more than a few.

Going to be a competitive year no doubt. As always injuries and availability at the right time will play a massive factor.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:02 pm

I will certainly come out and watch the Christmas trees play this year
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:33 pm

We prefer the minties
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:54 pm

I prefer sh!t **** s :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:51 pm

The Bedge wrote:
MarionPremers2018 wrote:By the looks of things Ingle farm, para hills, Houghton have all proved they will be hard to beat in div7 going by the trial match results theses last 2 weeks

Would not be jumping the gun. This looks to be a very hotly contested division - could be the strongest D7 in god knows how long.

Mawson Lakes have built a handy list with players from Gaza, North Haven, Waikerie etc - won both their trial games against Blanchetown and Smithfield. Look very fit, well structured, good depth.

Flinders Uni by all reports on the weekend looked very slick, and have recruited a swag of country kids who have moved to Uni this year.

Hackham were far improved last season, and many in D7 thought by the end of the year they were a real threat.

OSB/Lonsdale continue to add to their list, and expect to be 10-15 goals better at a minimum.

Mitchell Park will play with pride and play for Scooter - they weren't far off finals last season, and I don't know how they'll go this year but I wouldn't be taking them lightly by any means, especially at home and especially when they have their backs to the wall.

Interesting assessment. Your mob played West Croydon how did thay play almost came away with the Win from all reports, your keeping very quiet about the A grade squad at Ingle farm I don't think the Rigneys are the only stock you've picked up :shock:
MarionPremers2018

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:49 pm

Dunno who’s reporting such things - I stopped watching late but from memory it was something like 30 scoring shots to 8. When I turned up at 1/4 time it was 4.6 to 0.0

West Croydon used the ball well, they’re a good attacking side.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby J Langer » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:38 pm

MarionPremers2018 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Interesting assessment. Your mob played West Croydon how did thay play almost came away with the Win from all reports, your keeping very quiet about the A grade squad at Ingle farm I don't think the Rigneys are the only stock you've picked up :shock:

Well no s*#t Sherlock Holmes. I hope you didnt team up with Einstein to work that out too.
J Langer
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:04 am

Para Hills
Houghton
Flinders Uni
Ingle farm
Hackham
----------------------
Lonsdale
Mawson lakes
Mitchell Park

My final ladder prediction for div7 don't really know how this division will play out.
MarionPremers2018

Postby carey » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:54 am

J Langer is now my favourite SA Family member.

1st post is abuse, i love it you'll fit right in.

Its normally a disgusting love in.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:58 am

Nothing wrong with love ❤️
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BleedBlueNWhite » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:51 pm

B-Train35 wrote:Mawson Lakes 10 goals up over Smithfield,game called off due to ruckman
breaking his leg start of 5th qtr.

Our B grade got smoked, we we 6 goals to 3 and about to run over them, our midfield were starting to click and take the piss. Had a couple quality players still to come in also, but again was only a trail game
All the best to the ruckman that broke his leg, wish you a speedy recovery
BleedBlueNWhite
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby J Langer » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:34 pm

It will be interesting to see how this division pans out throughout the year.

3 of the 'Northern' clubs are very confident with themselves. Para Hills being overly confident. While the other two in Houghton & IF stay tight lipped.

My Ladder prediction.

Houghton
Ingle Farm
Flinders Uni
Hackham
Para Hills
-----------------
Lonsdale
Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Park

Rd1 will be very interesting with
Ingle Farm Vs Houghton
Para Hill Vs Hackham

Flinders Uni to be top of the ladder after rd1 on percentage but that is irrelevant.
J Langer
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:31 pm

Better find room for Mawson Lakes.

screenshot.PNG
screenshot.PNG (155.65 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby MarionPremers2018 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:44 pm

Mawson lakes Down by 5 goals against Smithfield until somebody broke their leg then the match was called off, the big problem for Mawsons will be depth across both grades.

Para hills looking the stand out favorite for Div7.

Houghton due for premiership contention won't suprise me for a top 3 finish

Flinders University - Hackham Wildcards

Ingle farm Haven't heard much on the player signings, beating Rosewater by 8 goals and almost knocking off Div6 Grand finalist West Croydon gives a good indication bedge and the lads at Ingle farm are preparing to load up in 2023
MarionPremers2018

Postby J Langer » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:53 am

Para Hills favourite???? I personally dont see how!!!! Care to explain?

As for Houghton, recruits such as Tippet, Vandermore, who were more than serviceable in div4 (I think). Sinclair, a big, tall 7foot30 ruckman along with an undisclosed now ex div1 player (probably said too much already) they have set themselves up nicely. That's without mentioning a few returning in Stevens, Pilkinton, along with adding 8-9 more players.

Ingle Farm is in the same situation, recruited very well, despite how much Morells mate Bedgey down plays it. Added 15+ "A graders" with the majority being juniors or returning players. Then you could possibly consider the players that have had A grade experience over the last 1 or 2 seasons who will likely play B grade = depth. Having Payne & B.Rigney in the same team will cause absolute headaches for opposition teams & coaches. Payne seems to be thriving playing under his dad. Josh Weetra, when he returns from injury, along with Pitt, will create great run.

2 clubs with great depth, and we know just how much depth is required for a clubs success. I feel that is what separates these two clubs from the rest.
J Langer
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:09 pm

J Langer wrote:Ingle Farm is in the same situation, recruited very well, despite how much Morells mate Bedgey down plays it. Added 15+ "A graders" with the majority being juniors or returning players. Then you could possibly consider the players that have had A grade experience over the last 1 or 2 seasons who will likely play B grade = depth. Having Payne & B.Rigney in the same team will cause absolute headaches for opposition teams & coaches. Payne seems to be thriving playing under his dad. Josh Weetra, when he returns from injury, along with Pitt, will create great run.

Did you literally just make 90% of that up? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League