HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:03 pm

My2cents wrote:Ok, I see on the coverage that it looks like wet tracks up there. In light of that, my margins are halved.

So it’s your 1 cents worth?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:20 pm

just got home from Lofty, bucketed down during the B's and she is a heavy track for the A's
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:43 pm

IB beat Lobey. Lobey might be shot now. Congrats to IB lads :D
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby My2cents » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:56 pm

Nairne scrapes home. Uris do Onkas. Hahndorf hand another pretty heavy loss to Blackwood & yet again Lofty’s kicking is wayward with 6.15. Really need to sort that out.
Haven’t seen/heard the other scores.
My2cents
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Toto » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:58 am

Half way point of the season what is everyone’s thoughts? I think everyone would be a bit surprised by the fall of Lobey? I know they’ve lost a few but they’ve been absolutely belted by the top 3 sides and now lost to Ironbank…

Would be good to see Nairne push Hahndorf this week, I think they’d want it to be dry so they can try and put a big score on them other wise I can’t see Hahndorf losing.

Top 5 won’t change in my opinion unless Mount Barker have some better luck they may pinch it from Onkas. I think Uraidla will do what they always do and charge home and pinch a top 3 spot. Be interested to see Lofty and how they go with now having a majority of their games away from Heathfield in the back half.

Would be great to see Hourigan kick 100 again but I think he will end up in the 80’s somewhere.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby My2cents » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:40 pm

Brodlach wrote:
My2cents wrote:Ok, I see on the coverage that it looks like wet tracks up there. In light of that, my margins are halved.

So it’s your 1 cents worth?

I can do things by halves. Not proud of it, but I can.
My2cents
Mini-League

Postby My2cents » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:44 pm

Toto wrote:Half way point of the season what is everyone’s thoughts? I think everyone would be a bit surprised by the fall of Lobey? I know they’ve lost a few but they’ve been absolutely belted by the top 3 sides and now lost to Ironbank…

Would be good to see Nairne push Hahndorf this week, I think they’d want it to be dry so they can try and put a big score on them other wise I can’t see Hahndorf losing.

Top 5 won’t change in my opinion unless Mount Barker have some better luck they may pinch it from Onkas. I think Uraidla will do what they always do and charge home and pinch a top 3 spot. Be interested to see Lofty and how they go with now having a majority of their games away from Heathfield in the back half.

Would be great to see Hourigan kick 100 again but I think he will end up in the 80’s somewhere.

Good calls there, Toto. I agree with pretty much all of it. Look out for Barker, they’ve just knocked off Onkas. That’s the one change for the 5, IMHO.
Lofty AGAIN kicks poorly. Looks like they could’ve really flogged Blackwood. You take a 10 goal win, but 10-20…not good. First of a few away games as you said, so take the points & sit in front of goal this week & kick away.
I have some confidence in Lofty, Uris & Nairne pushing Hahndorf at the big dance. Just need some luck, but I reckon they can.
My2cents
Mini-League

Postby Toto » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:17 pm

Watched the first half of the courier cup on tv mate, thought Nairne had a heap more of the ball but Hahndorf made the most of every opportunity. That’s what makes a champion team, but I don’t think they’re untouchable as you said the next 3 sides are close enough. I think Uri might struggle to match the other 2 if it’s dry and quick, but as we know, the cabbage cutters always hit their straps around now when it’s heavy and storm home. Exciting second half!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:31 am

Watched some of the game on FB too, the defensive pressure of Hahndorf was the difference IMO. The score coukd have been very ugly for Nairne, I reckon Hahndorf kicked 2.8 in the last quarter.

A dry open deck in finals will make interesting finals footy. Every team is beatable on the day.

One team thats clearly dropped is Lobey. Wow. One title pretenders. I like the look of how Lofty and Nairne are building. It may not be there year this year but you can see its coming.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:53 pm

Lobey might be struggling on field but their Charcoal Smoked Chicken Burger was the best feed Ive had for a long time at the footy, having a smoker as part of the BBQ set up was a level Ive never seen before!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby saintal » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:03 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Watched some of the game on FB too, the defensive pressure of Hahndorf was the difference IMO. The score coukd have been very ugly for Nairne, I reckon Hahndorf kicked 2.8 in the last quarter.

A dry open deck in finals will make interesting finals footy. Every team is beatable on the day.

One team thats clearly dropped is Lobey. Wow. One title pretenders. I like the look of how Lofty and Nairne are building. It may not be there year this year but you can see its coming.

I'm far from a Lobey fan/defender, but this is a title most clubs would probably be happy to have :lol:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby pirate pete » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:35 pm

[b][b][/b][/b]
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Can any one answer why they are selling the league admin offices at Mt Barker?

When was this decision made? Considering there haven't been any meetings (of any kind!) between clubs and the board since the adjourned AGM?
pirate pete
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby cracka » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:02 pm

Looking forward to this

https://www.facebook.com/48993607773842 ... tid=Nif5oz

Jumper designed by a couple of legendary brothers who played at Onkas, Shannon & Garry Goldsmith
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Toto » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Any real surprises today?
Hahndorf win convincingly
Lofty the same
Nairne looked like steam rolling Uraidla on their deck but as they do they clawed their way back!
Onkas beat lobey comfortably

Surprised Echunga were tipped to beat Blackwood in the final siren. They’re the worst side I’ve seen this year.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:28 am

Have Mt Barker been held goal less before? To kick 0.9 must surely be a record ( but not one they’ll want to remember).
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:39 am

wazzal77 wrote:Have Mt Barker been held goal less before? To kick 0.9 must surely be a record ( but not one they’ll want to remember).

No they their worse day was the 1st Semi Final in 1997.

Uraidla 5-5, Mt Barker 0-5.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby TooNice » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Mt Barker definitely had their chances with a couple of set shots etc to kick some goals. They just couldn't kick straight.
TooNice
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Toto » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:21 am

Couple huge games in context of shaping the 5 this week!

Onkas v Lofty at Balhannah is massive. Onkas got them the first time round and would think they’ll be ready to lock down 5th spot completely with a win. But Lofty have been super consistent and I think they’ll get it done.

URI v Hahndorf for the Cooper Nykamp cup. URI played some fantastic footy against Nairne in patches, but also were torched early by the rams. I think Dorf will be far too strong.

Nairne v Lobey. The rams have slowed a little with the heavier weather and haven’t been putting teams the sword like the were for the first half of the year. Don’t know what you’re gonna get with Lobey but at Nairne think the rams are too strong.

Barker v Blackwood at the summit, I think Barker will bounce back and get the W to keep their finals hopes somewhat alive.

Ironbank v Echunga for the battle of the spoon! I think Ironbank win this at home. Echunga very disappointing this year, I’d imagine they have 2 div 2 clubs nipping at their heals for their spot that would be more competitive.

The run to the finals starts now, can’t wait!
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Shortman » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:01 pm

Toto wrote:Couple huge games in context of shaping the 5 this week!

Onkas v Lofty at Balhannah is massive. Onkas got them the first time round and would think they’ll be ready to lock down 5th spot completely with a win. But Lofty have been super consistent and I think they’ll get it done.

URI v Hahndorf for the Cooper Nykamp cup. URI played some fantastic footy against Nairne in patches, but also were torched early by the rams. I think Dorf will be far too strong.

Nairne v Lobey. The rams have slowed a little with the heavier weather and haven’t been putting teams the sword like the were for the first half of the year. Don’t know what you’re gonna get with Lobey but at Nairne think the rams are too strong.

Barker v Blackwood at the summit, I think Barker will bounce back and get the W to keep their finals hopes somewhat alive.

Ironbank v Echunga for the battle of the spoon! I think Ironbank win this at home. Echunga very disappointing this year, I’d imagine they have 2 div 2 clubs nipping at their heals for their spot that would be more competitive.

The run to the finals starts now, can’t wait!

Wouldnt think theres too much competition from the D2 clubs given the runaway leader doesn't have any juniors
Shortman
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:18 pm

Toto wrote:

Maybe consider the club that just came up to Div 1 and got rolled in both senior grades today.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy