ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:49 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Big round 1 coming up. Been a hit quiet across the A grade divisions. But keen to hear thoughts on the early season.

Para Hills are for one looking forward to resuming the rivalry with Ingle Farm in round 1. Usually a good contest.

Our A3 side host Payneham, We have a pretty young B grade so keen to see how they stack up.

Gepps Cross looking good in A2. Been getting big numbers at training for a couple of months. Couple of young Prospect blokes who go alright plus Saha WK/batter who was at Kensington last summer.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Salad » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:56 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Big round 1 coming up. Been a hit quiet across the A grade divisions. But keen to hear thoughts on the early season.

Para Hills are for one looking forward to resuming the rivalry with Ingle Farm in round 1. Usually a good contest.

Our A3 side host Payneham, We have a pretty young B grade so keen to see how they stack up.

Gepps Cross looking good in A2. Been getting big numbers at training for a couple of months. Couple of young Prospect blokes who go alright plus Saha WK/batter who was at Kensington last summer.

Same Saha that double tonned in the C grade last year?
Salad
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:33 am

Tony Clifton wrote:

No surprise with Gepps X and their improvement over the last few years. They have a stack of teams in seniors and juniors.

Speaking of big clubs has one ever had an A1, A2 and A3 side in the same season before? Adelaide High OS went close before folding a while ago and Pooraka must have gone close in their prime year years. Kudos to Goodwood for having a crack in 2023/24.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:48 pm

Salad wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

That's him. Left hander
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:44 am

Day 1 fairly even accross the board.

Trav bombed them by the looks of it.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:11 pm

If you change clubs do you need a transfer like football?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:16 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Salad wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

That's him. Left hander

Wow surprised he was out of Kensy in 1 year. Coin?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Trader » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:If you change clubs do you need a transfer like football?

Yes.
A clearance in the old language.
I think PlayHQ calls it a transfer.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:53 pm

Trader wrote:
Brodlach wrote:If you change clubs do you need a transfer like football?

Yes.
A clearance in the old language.
I think PlayHQ calls it a transfer.

Thanks Trader
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:11 pm

For those that play in the LO's competition, have you seen what the new rule is that has been brought in?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Sticks28 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:26 pm

Bluedemon wrote:For those that play in the LO's competition, have you seen what the new rule is that has been brought in?

Nah I haven’t what’s the new rule??
Sticks28
Under 16s

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:57 pm

It's been a rule for over a season now.

Overs to be bowled in blocks of 5 from one end.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but I understand the need to try something to speed the game up. Some teams take forever, constantly stuffing around with the field set like they are playing an international T20 and need a different field each ball cause the bowler is going to bowl this one in a different spot, only for the bowler to spray it a foot down leg for a wide anyway.... :D
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:51 pm

Trader wrote:It's been a rule for over a season now.

Overs to be bowled in blocks of 5 from one end.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but I understand the need to try something to speed the game up. Some teams take forever, constantly stuffing around with the field set like they are playing an international T20 and need a different field each ball cause the bowler is going to bowl this one in a different spot, only for the bowler to spray it a foot down leg for a wide anyway.... :D

today was the first that i had heard of the rule
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:55 pm

Yeah most teams ignored it last season as it's not great for cricket.
But the same sides continue to take too long so ATCA are trying something to get it moving.

It's funny, the same sides that grizzle others take too long are the same sides complaining that 5 over blocks isn't cricket, and they are the same sides that weren't reporting innings finishing times, which was brought in several years ago as a way of improving overrates without resorting to this.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:41 am

Absolute blockbuster match yesterday in the Women's 1st Grade Para Hills V West Torrens :o :shock:
Para Hills all out 33 but with a big percentage boost in bowling WT all out for 6!!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:22 pm

It wasn't the friendliest surface for batters

But please let me point out, West Torrens were mostly young ladies early in there cricketing journey, the West Torrens side is more of an academy side for up and coming players. Secondly, Tamara Clapton from Para Hills is a very very talented and experienced cricketer and she used the facilities to perfection when we bowled. The young West Torrens players tried to fight as hard as they could, but the ball was doing all sorts.

Still full Credit to Tamara for her 6/2.

Cheers
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Slowleftarm » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:58 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:It wasn't the friendliest surface for batters

But please let me point out, West Torrens were mostly young ladies early in there cricketing journey, the West Torrens side is more of an academy side for up and coming players. Secondly, Tamara Clapton from Para Hills is a very very talented and experienced cricketer and she used the facilities to perfection when we bowled. The young West Torrens players tried to fight as hard as they could, but the ball was doing all sorts.

Still full Credit to Tamara for her 6/2.

Cheers

I seen Tamara first hand when she originally came out to Rose and Crown to play ladies cricket when she was maybe 14
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Madrooster64 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:12 am

Interesting stat from the most recent ATCA Round. Goodwood had 18 sides play in senior and junior comps (a few more got cancelled due to hot weather) and came away with 17 wins. The only side that didn't win lowered its colours to the other Goodwood side in the same Comp. Pretty impressive effort.
Madrooster64
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Trader » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:17 am

That is a cracking stat. Well done to Pottsy and the team.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby cats2021 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:00 pm

On the weekend Port Districts played a player I believe to be their Darren Lehman cricket Academy player. He played for Port Districts on Saturday then opened the Batting for West Torrens A grade on Sunday (2nd day of a two day game) I may be wrong but i believe this is against the rules and should end up being a forfeit and a woody south win? I'm sure Heyzer and Atca would be all over this with their astute knowledge of the competition and the rules.
cats2021
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps