PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:45 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
The Bedge wrote:A draw in Grade 1 geez louise, when was the last time that happened?!

Eyre v ATCO shaping as a really critical game this week, along with Eastern Park v Angle Vale.. the last spot in the 4 could come down to who wins out of ER / ATCO.

Note the ladder isn't up to date with Westies forfeit result, so they should be around the 46pt mark, means there is stuff all between EP, ER and ATCO.

One Day game this week, might be NP chance to break their duck against a Craigmore side that fell in a massive heap last week. Having said that, Akram is likely to play and fill his boots and Reza to continue his good form.

The last tie in grade 1 (18th in total) was 13 seasons ago. Most memorable was 2005/06 when Salisbury West and Rose & Crown tied the grand final.

Hasn't Akram still got 5 weeks of his compulsory holiday to go?

I think it’s been shortened.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:04 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
The Bedge wrote:A draw in Grade 1 geez louise, when was the last time that happened?!

Eyre v ATCO shaping as a really critical game this week, along with Eastern Park v Angle Vale.. the last spot in the 4 could come down to who wins out of ER / ATCO.

Note the ladder isn't up to date with Westies forfeit result, so they should be around the 46pt mark, means there is stuff all between EP, ER and ATCO.

One Day game this week, might be NP chance to break their duck against a Craigmore side that fell in a massive heap last week. Having said that, Akram is likely to play and fill his boots and Reza to continue his good form.

The last tie in grade 1 (18th in total) was 13 seasons ago. Most memorable was 2005/06 when Salisbury West and Rose & Crown tied the grand final.

last tie was Salisbury west and Brahma Lodge
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:00 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

last tie was Salisbury west and Brahma Lodge

That's right 2010/11, both out for 101.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:07 am

It’s a pity that this weeks round is a one dayer, I think it’s the most even round for the season, I don’t think there will be a lot in it for any of the games.

I reckon the Pines might chalk their first win up.
ATCO to fall over the line against the Royals.
Eastern Park to triumph over Angle Vale with Benny Mc to go big.
Virginia to continue their form in a nail biter over Westies.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:It’s a pity that this weeks round is a one dayer, I think it’s the most even round for the season, I don’t think there will be a lot in it for any of the games.

Two out of four is not a pass mark, but you did get the top end correct.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:12 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:It’s a pity that this weeks round is a one dayer, I think it’s the most even round for the season, I don’t think there will be a lot in it for any of the games.

50% is a pass :lol:

Bonus points for the nail-biter, Virginia needed 18 off the last over and Nato hit 23 off of it, he also got caught off a free hit ball.
I was being optimistic with the first two calls, Cragimre do have some capable players and I think ATCO are better than where they sit.

Robertson must've failed again with the bat for Royals to post 194, would've been a good afternoon out at Eyre Park.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:12 am

The Old Fellow wrote:

50% is a pass :lol:

Bonus points for the nail-biter, Virginia needed 18 off the last over and Nato hit 23 off of it, he also got caught off a free hit ball.
I was being optimistic with the first two calls, Craigmore do have some capable players and I think ATCO are better than where they sit.

Robertson must've failed again with the bat for Royals to post 194, would've been a good afternoon out at Eyre Park.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:51 am

The Old Fellow wrote:

Heading out to Willamore I hear
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

Heading out to Willamore I hear

You can drop the Willa part, i dont think there is one player from Willaston in their A2 team!
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Heading out to Willamore I hear

You can drop the Willa part, i dont think there is one player from Willaston in their A2 team!

9 ex Craigmore, 1 ex Smithfield/Eastern Park and 1 ex Central United (I think)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:59 am

Grade 1 is shaping as an interesting competition post Christmas. Virginia the pace setter at the moment ticking along nicely.

Eyre Royals the real surprise packet sitting 2nd, but there is a bees proverbial between them and Salisbury West in 5th spot. Eastern Park with the win on the weekend have put themselves in a reasonable position - particularly given they've forfeited a game and missed points.

North Pines keep battling, in for a long season - could do worse than look to their LO sides for some support, whilst Craigmore also appear out of the finals hunt despite only being a bit over a win outside the 4.

The one dayers might throw up some more surprises and give the bottom half a chance to shape the 4, but when the whips are cracking in the final 6 weeks i'd expect the cream to rise and some very convincing results to put beyond doubt the the finalists.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:07 am

LO1 is a 3 horse race - Units (or should I call them "Centrals" :D ) are streets ahead, but Dublin and Parafield aren't as far behind as it may appear.

The gap to the rest is quite significant, and then from 4 to 10 it's actually pretty even - anyone could win on their day.

Para Vista did enough on the weekend to beat Enfield who continue to put themselves in winning positions and fail to capitilise. Damage done by the son of a former Enfield legend, the kid ripped through the middle order when a win looked a formality. With Hodson, Hibbett, Wilson and perhaps Luke McLeod to return to the side, Para Vista could be a threat post xmas.

Peninsula Pirates forfeit on the weekend is concerning for the future of their club - unless it was simply a case of a xmas show or whatever. Adelaide Union upset Hazara with a bonus point the only one that really appeared out of the ordinary. Hazara are quite hit or miss though - bit like Enfield it's feast or famine for the bats.. hit or miss.

Adelaide Warriors sit bottom, but they're not the worst side either and wins can't be far away.

This week throws up some interesting matches - Parafield v Dublin the number one clash, followed by Para Vista and NEK. Adelaide Warriors head in favourites against Enfield, and Hazara should belt Pirates. It'll be interesting to see how close Union can get to "Centrals".
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:27 am

Witnessed a mankad in a women’s game last night, chick that executed it told her team mates not to celebrate as it didn’t seem right, I said ‘but you’re still claiming the wicket?’
“Yeah, of course” and had a laugh
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:49 am

The revised Law now reads: “Even if the non-striker had left his/her ground before the instant at which the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, once the bowler has reached that point it is no longer possible for the bowler to run out the non-striker under this Law.”

Should’ve been not out, the women ran in, reached her delivery side, fake bowled the ball then ran the batter out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:01 am

The Bedge wrote:
The revised Law now reads: “Even if the non-striker had left his/her ground before the instant at which the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, once the bowler has reached that point it is no longer possible for the bowler to run out the non-striker under this Law.”

Should’ve been not out, the women ran in, reached her delivery side, fake bowled the ball then ran the batter out.

Didn’t help that she bowled around the wicket
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:32 am

Couple of changes over night..

Peninsula Pirates from LO1 to LO2
One Tree Hill B from LO2 to LO6 replacing the bye.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:48 pm

Gonna be a few upset people around the PDCA this weekend..

Rumour has it, a nice chunk (including their captain) of the Eastern Park boys are away for work this weekend and it’s looking like the second time this season they might have to forfeit a division 1 game, both against Westies! :) :) :)
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:02 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Gonna be a few upset people around the PDCA this weekend..

Rumour has it, a nice chunk (including their captain) of the Eastern Park boys are away for work this weekend and it’s looking like the second time this season they might have to forfeit a division 1 game, both against Westies! :) :) :)

Surely you're joking?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:57 am

Does anyone know if channel 7 went and televised the Dublin vs Units blockbuster seeing as though there was no test match to cover?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:22 am

A One Tree Hill bloke took a double hat-trick on the eeekdn

14 year old for Atco took a hat-trick on his debut A Grade Div 1 game….not a bad effort.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps