Ovies to self destruct

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Ovies to self destruct

Postby Rupert My Boy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:38 pm

It appears the Ovingham Footy club are headed for disaster. Having appointed a well known 'gypsy' as their coach and with him bringing the remnants of Wingfields Grand Final night debacle, they are now in the throws of dismantling the Cats.

It appears a couple of committee people have been 'sucked in' with the crap the gypsy has put forward, turned on the rest of the committee and all hell has broken loose

I hope they sort it out otherwise the club will disintegrate
Rupert My Boy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Ovies to self destruct

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:47 pm

I know fo a few young lads that are looking to leave from there. One of them won the medal last year in whatever div they were in
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Went past there last week, 5 were training on a Thursday night.
This would be a shame as I had a long talk & a walk through their clubrooms with the lady that (I'm sure) lives in the clubrooms when my lad was training for Blacks there one night. She proudly pointed out & explained the history & past players ect that formed the club over the years.
Their the type of footy people you feel for in these situations.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Rupert My Boy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm

That is one of the major catastrophes so far in this saga. A 40 year servant of the club, Heather Sandford is leaving Ovingham because of the treatment she is receiving from the new coach (Chris Newman) and the 2 committee people who have turned against her and forgotten everything she has done for that club.

A really sad situation
Rupert My Boy
Rookie

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 pm

wow thats a major shame she the life of that club, we (blackfriars old scholars) trained on that oval on a regualr basis and it will be a shame to see the club fall because of one toolbox. cant the president get rid of him?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Rupert My Boy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:02 pm

The president, I believe is one of the cretens who has turned. I wish I knew the names of these pr@#!ks, I would name them
Rupert My Boy
Rookie

Postby Rupert My Boy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Incidently, Coach Newman and his band of gypsies that follow him have caused nothing but trouble at every club they've been to. Parasites to say the least.
Rupert My Boy
Rookie

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:41 am

Rupert My Boy wrote:That is one of the major catastrophes so far in this saga. A 40 year servant of the club, Heather Sandford is leaving Ovingham because of the treatment she is receiving from the new coach (Chris Newman) and the 2 committee people who have turned against her and forgotten everything she has done for that club.

A really sad situation

Yeah, that's her, really nice lady who lives & breathes the club, makes a good coffee on a cold & rainy training night as well. They'll just have to find someone who'll be there every night to open the canteen to raise funds & be there all weekend from 7am to get the joint ready for a full days play.
Might try to poach her over to the Fitzroy juniors would do the work of 10 volunteers on her head
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:59 am

Rupert My Boy wrote:That is one of the major catastrophes so far in this saga. A 40 year servant of the club, Heather Sandford is leaving Ovingham because of the treatment she is receiving from the new coach (Chris Newman) and the 2 committee people who have turned against her and forgotten everything she has done for that club.

A really sad situation

I feel her pain...
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby sprinttospace » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Went past there last week, 5 were training on a Thursday night.
This would be a shame as I had a long talk & a walk through their clubrooms with the lady that (I'm sure) lives in the clubrooms when my lad was training for Blacks there one night. She proudly pointed out & explained the history & past players ect that formed the club over the years.
Their the type of footy people you feel for in these situations.

absolutely, heather was very generous to our club (BOSFC) late last year leading into finals when we had some major lighting issues at our ground. a dedicated footy club person who loves to have a yack and help out whereever she can regardless of who the club is.
sprinttospace

Postby Scorpion » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:47 am

Rupert My Boy wrote:Incidently, Coach Newman and his band of gypsies that follow him have caused nothing but trouble at every club they've been to. Parasites to say the least.

We know just what they are going through - we had Coach Newmans' clone - Coach Carr - last season. Our club almost has to rebuild from the bottom up thanks to the destruction the family caused in one season.
Very sad.
Scorpion
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Rupert My Boy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:20 am

My God, aren't they are mob that can bugger things up quickly. Everywhere the Carr clan goes, they leave an indelible mess behind for others to sort out. Another blight on the footy society
Rupert My Boy
Rookie

Postby stan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Rupert My Boy wrote:My God, aren't they are mob that can bugger things up quickly. Everywhere the Carr clan goes, they leave an indelible mess behind for others to sort out. Another blight on the footy society

God help gumeraca then!
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Scorpion » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Clubs should do background checks on all prospective coaches and not just listen to the crap they spin at an interview. And also check out who they are bringing with them - they were the bigger problem. Never ever in my life have I seen anyone so nasty and evil as them.
Scorpion
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby hawkseye » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Not only nasty and evil but a bit clueless. Anyone ever cooked a BBQ inside their clubrooms. Not to mention the fire hazard, but also left fatty mess and BBQ inside for someone else to clean up. wankers!
Thats what im talkin aboooouuuut!!!!!!
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Felch » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:16 pm

hawkseye wrote:Not only nasty and evil but a bit clueless. Anyone ever cooked a BBQ inside their clubrooms. Not to mention the fire hazard, but also left fatty mess and BBQ inside for someone else to clean up. wankers!

What !!!! Surely thats not true !!!!

I cant believe big Axe didnt step in and sort them out, if anyone knows the dos and donts of food preparation, its him ! :lol:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby hawkseye » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Did happen, i saw it. Where is big axe?
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Postby Felch » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:25 pm

hawkseye wrote:Did happen, i saw it. Where is big axe?

You should have video taped it, sold it to one of those tv shows - 'The Worlds Dumbest People' or similiar.

I saw the Axeman trolling these parts recently. Hes probably been banned from here. :lol:
Felch
Assistant Coach

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby hawkseye » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:27 pm

Felch wrote:
hawkseye wrote:Did happen, i saw it. Where is big axe?

You should have video taped it, sold it to one of those tv shows - 'The Worlds Dumbest People' or similiar.

I saw the Axeman trolling these parts recently. Hes probably been banned from here. :lol:

Theres only so much carr footage you can have those shows :lol:
hawkseye
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:27 pm

hawkseye wrote:Not only nasty and evil but a bit clueless. Anyone ever cooked a BBQ inside their clubrooms. Not to mention the fire hazard, but also left fatty mess and BBQ inside for someone else to clean up. wankers!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What an ass bandit.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League