2009 Coaches

Adelaide Footy League Talk

2009 Coaches

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:31 pm

Who's going where?

Interesting rumour in the budget about Daniel Thomas being appROACHed by Uni. Maybe he is being asked to do an apprenticeship under Roach before taking the head role. DT is obviously looking to coach but would Uni be the right fit? I'm sure he'd love to get a young group of players to mould but there is no guarantee that the current group will hang around for more than a year or two. Can't really recruit too much or he'd give away the fact that Uni pay players.

DT certainly has the confidence to pull off a coaching role and his old man is one of the best I've heard at speaking to a group of footballers. Will it carry over to his son? I think so.

Also, who is the coach FC mentions will be walking away after this years GF. I reckon it could only be the coach of Paralowie or Modbury.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 370 times

Re: 2009 Coaches

Postby BurraBoys » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:49 pm

Not necessarilly SAAFL but i beleive the rumours are pretty strong, if not confirmed that C. Ladhams will be taking the helm at norwood u/18's
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby human blanket #3 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 pm

there were rumours of the colonel light gardens coach moving a few week ago. apparently the rumour was way off tho
human blanket #3
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:57 pm

BurraBoys wrote:Not necessarilly SAAFL but i beleive the rumours are pretty strong, if not confirmed that C. Ladhams will be taking the helm at norwood u/18's

Not necessarily eh?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:30 am

Also, who is the coach FC mentions will be walking away after this years GF. I reckon it could only be the coach of Paralowie or Modbury

No chance its Phil Harrison he loves the lads and the club. His sons play there also!!!!!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 am

Footy Smart wrote:
Also, who is the coach FC mentions will be walking away after this years GF. I reckon it could only be the coach of Paralowie or Modbury

No chance its Phil Harrison he loves the lads and the club. His sons play there also!!!!!

Who else would be hot favourites to take the flag?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 am

Not even close Shrek... :D
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby playon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 am

Footy Chick wrote:Not even close Shrek... :D

FC, would it be a certain Div 1 coach?...
playon
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:24 am

I thought of Mills at Goodwood but from the way it was written it seemed the team was in the GF already. If the team is favourites it must come from:

Goodwood
Modbury
div 3 no-one
div 4 no-one
div 5 Golden Grove
div 6 no-one
div 7 no-one
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby silent hour » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

playon wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Not even close Shrek... :D

FC, would it be a certain Div 1 coach?...

From what was written I would say it has to be from Div 2 down as it states "there will be a coach playing off in a Grand Final next weekend" and as we all know the Div 1 GF is the following weekend.
silent hour
Reserves

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Sass! » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

I would be leaning towards Golden Grove! they smashed there opponent last week, there already in the GF and Ashley Mitchell isnt a Golden Grove man through and Through. Not saying he doesnt like the club just saying his roots arnt there. He has left clubs after a premiership before.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:50 am

Sass! wrote:I would be leaning towards Golden Grove! they smashed there opponent last week, there already in the GF and Ashley Mitchell isnt a Golden Grove man through and Through. Not saying he doesnt like the club just saying his roots arnt there. He has left clubs after a premiership before.

He also has a young family
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times

Postby Sponge Bob » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Sass! wrote:I would be leaning towards Golden Grove! they smashed there opponent last week, there already in the GF and Ashley Mitchell isnt a Golden Grove man through and Through. Not saying he doesnt like the club just saying his roots arnt there. He has left clubs after a premiership before.

I think you'll find he has a year to go, unless they have come to an agreement
Sponge Bob

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:51 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
BurraBoys wrote:Not necessarilly SAAFL but i beleive the rumours are pretty strong, if not confirmed that C. Ladhams will be taking the helm at norwood u/18's

Not necessarily eh?

I used necessarily as a disclaimer more than anything. Although he may not be heading into an SAAFL role, i imagine his services may be wanted by clubs if he does venture coaching. Whether it is at norwood or elsehwere, i am under the impression he will/wants to coach next year.
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby Choccies » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Let me put it on record that SIMON JOHNSON will not be approached to make a comeback to the club..... :lol:

Captain Cordial wrote:

I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Captain Cordial wrote:

As i am discussing my own club i dont really want to add fuel to fire or rumours but i would not be suprised if mitch wants to give it away. I would love to have him around a year or to longer but i think the club is in a position now where we could survive beyone his leadership. He has done wonders for our club and i think he will be an integral part of our transition from div 4-3 whether that be in a coaching role or administration/mentoring capacity.

He said after last years GF he would commit to two more years. That was a chat he had with the pres and was announced in front of everyone. I know he loves coaching our young guys and sees great potential in them. If Cam Shenton and Todd Shepphard commit to returning from league clubs next year, it may sway him stay one more year.
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby Choccies » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm

If Brett Sparnon stays then he will definitly stay... :wink:
BurraBoys wrote:
Captain Cordial wrote:

As i am discussing my own club i dont really want to add fuel to fire or rumours but i would not be suprised if mitch wants to give it away. I would love to have him around a year or to longer but i think the club is in a position now where we could survive beyone his leadership. He has done wonders for our club and i think he will be an integral part of our transition from div 4-3 whether that be in a coaching role or administration/mentoring capacity.

He said after last years GF he would commit to two more years. That was a chat he had with the pres and was announced in front of everyone. I know he loves coaching our young guys and sees great potential in them. If Cam Shenton and Todd Shepphard commit to returning from league clubs next year, it may sway him stay one more year.
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby Sass! » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:14 pm

FC comment did say the coach had a year left on his contract, She also commented on the fact the coach wants to spend time with his family, Ashley has a young family as mentioned earlier by footy Smart (not to mention they play for a super club :D :D ) Could i have hit the nail on the head? if so do i get a prize of some sort?
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Choccies » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:24 pm

It is Royal Show week afterall... take anything from the bottom shelf sass !!! Every player wins a prize !
Sass! wrote:FC comment did say the coach had a year left on his contract, She also commented on the fact the coach wants to spend time with his family, Ashley has a young family as mentioned earlier by footy Smart (not to mention they play for a super club :D :D ) Could i have hit the nail on the head? if so do i get a prize of some sort?
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby S Demon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Sass! wrote:FC comment did say the coach had a year left on his contract, She also commented on the fact the coach wants to spend time with his family, Ashley has a young family as mentioned earlier by footy Smart (not to mention they play for a super club :D :D ) Could i have hit the nail on the head? if so do i get a prize of some sort?

Not to mention that FC posted this on the Div 5 forum on monday...

Footy Chick wrote:Boy! do I have some big news...I'm going to save it for rumour mill, even though I know its a trumour..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League