Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
Snags wrote:
test wrote:Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.

Were you there to see the way the boys went about it or are you just looking at results?
APFL should have won the first game, after having 70% of the footy skills just let them down and NEFL capitalised on apfl mistakes. The group of blokes that played couldn't have been any better because they are the ones that actually wanted to play.

We also had a long list of injuries which were genuine injuries, but then again apparently a certain president didn't have faith in his trainers ability to asses injuries!!

Asses injuries, Trainers and 'a certain President' - all in one sentence. Impressive.

Thanks, thought real hard about what I wrote, at least its all someone else's problem now and no longer mine, but changes are needed
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Snags wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Its easy to knock association footy, particularly when you loose. I must admit walking off at the end of an inter-league match after playing 45 mins of footy doesn't feel quite right, but when you walk away with a Landmark Cup its a memorable moment and everyone loves it.

I think they definitely need to have a good look into making them full games again.

I'm not sure when the carnival format began, but the 2005 FULL association match between APFL and YPFL at Ardrossan was an awesome match. Plenty of goals, free flowing footy, the match see-sawed all day, but most importantly the Plains got up by a couple of points. Ace carved up B Vince on a wing from memory........although it was 10 years ago so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Here's an idea. Lets re-instate club matches over the zone weekend (it typically only effect 4-5 players from the APFL) and have two association byes per year - possibly 3-4 weeks apart. The battle for the Landmark Cup continues to involve the APFL, YPFL, NAFL and NEFL. We play FULL games. On the first bye (June long weekend), YPFL vs APFL at Balaklava, and NAFL vs NEFL at Main Oval in Clare (A Grade, U17s and U15s all play). Winners of each grade play off in the Grand Final, on the 2nd association bye weekend. The loosers play off for 3rd and 4th on the same day. Get a BIG Shield that can hold a bit of history, like the Mortlock Shield, and make it a real spectacle. Thoughts?

Love it. Can't see why this wouldn't work!

Does the Barossa returning to the central zone change anything in the future? As from this year,they play in the U14 carnival
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:55 pm

I think they should get rid of zones in regard to interleague matches and set up divisions so that one league can be crowned champion league of the state
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Association footy is dead. The fact that someone knew the answer to my question from 12 years ago and got it right (mostly) within 5 minutes, yet my other question from the same time period is still unanswered. That's the point I was trying to make. By the way I have no idea as to the answer either and it really doesn't matter who won association footy in 2003 or 2005 Donkey ;)

The only way I think to make association footy more relevant is to make it Association of Origin.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Association footy is dead. The fact that someone knew the answer to my question from 12 years ago and got it right (mostly) within 5 minutes, yet my other question from the same time period is still unanswered. That's the point I was trying to make. By the way I have no idea as to the answer either and it really doesn't matter who won association footy in 2003 or 2005 Donkey ;)

The only way I think to make association footy more relevant is to make it Association of Origin.

Such as the EP Sharks concept?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Association footy is dead. The fact that someone knew the answer to my question from 12 years ago and got it right (mostly) within 5 minutes, yet my other question from the same time period is still unanswered. That's the point I was trying to make. By the way I have no idea as to the answer either and it really doesn't matter who won association footy in 2003 or 2005 Donkey ;)

Yep, and make it against the same league every year, it would generate more interest and fierce rivalry, it wasn't that long ago when the country leagues were governed by imports.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Under that approach, would you not expect the leagues that support the highest population densities to dominate, e.g. Pt Lincoln, Whyalla, South East, Barossa?
It would be a great though!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Under that approach, would you not expect the leagues that support the highest population densities to dominate, e.g. Pt Lincoln, Whyalla, South East, Barossa?

No different to clubs with highest population densities dominating against smaller clubs within the same league really. ;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:16 pm

OnSong wrote:

Such as the EP Sharks concept?

Exactly. Will attract more people to the game as you get to see blokes play who you havn't seen play for a long while, be that with you or against you.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:12 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Its easy to knock association footy, particularly when you loose. I must admit walking off at the end of an inter-league match after playing 45 mins of footy doesn't feel quite right, but when you walk away with a Landmark Cup its a memorable moment and everyone loves it.

I think they definitely need to have a good look into making them full games again.

I'm not sure when the carnival format began, but the 2005 FULL association match between APFL and YPFL at Ardrossan was an awesome match. Plenty of goals, free flowing footy, the match see-sawed all day, but most importantly the Plains got up by a couple of points. Ace carved up B Vince on a wing from memory........although it was 10 years ago so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Regardless if it's accurate or not, I'd be claiming that and paraphrasing this post for rest of my life

It's correct! Ive still got the under 17 team photo and some of the A grade write up is on the back! Bernie Vince is mentioned during the write up
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

No different to clubs with highest population densities dominating against smaller clubs within the same league really. ;)

Standardise with a points system. At least then the leagues will only have themselves to blame. ;)
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:31 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:

Regardless if it's accurate or not, I'd be claiming that and paraphrasing this post for rest of my life[/quote

That day was freezing cold and the wind was ridiculously strong.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:27 am

Just run the Shield over two days, with full games. If you play on the Saturday you don't do much over the rest of the weekend anyway, so play full games on the Saturday, then play full games for the finals on the Sunday.

Get teams to stay at a local place for the night, actually allows players to get to know other blokes from the association away from the field, brings $$ into the local community hosting the event each year.

And a tip to all leagues, if you want players to give up what would have been a free weekend for them, given them something in return. Let them keep their Rep jumpers and shorts along with whatever little thing they get each year.

Then why the comp has a weekend off for the Zone is ridiculous. Its a joke of a comp. I would rather see this league use the weekend to get closer to an equal draw by playing everyone 3 times each rather than the current situation which could see a side miss the four purely because they didn't play the bottom 2 sides 3 times and the team in fourth did. Then a lot of issues around the draw would go... if you play 2 home games vs team X one year, you play them twice away the next... pretty simple.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Scrap the cup and play 1 full game per year, just alternate between the associations as to who you play.. Not sure if playing more rep games will make people commit to it.. End of the day a lot of these blokes would be imports, and as bad as it is to say, a few of them would be on serious coin, and would be unlikely to want to risk injury in more rep games that they don't get paid for.. So if 1 full game a year was played I think that's a fair compromise, cos im not sure the novelty of playing shortened games is bringing the best players to the association weekend..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby barrys antz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 pm

so now with the landmark cup done, any word on the zone invites. whos been selected to train
barrys antz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby OnSong » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Check tomorrow's Producer, although I don't have the Barossa part of the squad get.
OnSong
Coach

Postby barrys antz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:36 pm

OnSong wrote:Check tomorrow's Producer, although I don't have the Barossa part of the squad get.

didnt see it. can anyone that has read it update me.
barrys antz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:07 pm

barrys antz wrote:
OnSong wrote:Check tomorrow's Producer, although I don't have the Barossa part of the squad get.

NEFL>Travis Lane,Clinton Voigt, Ryan Darling, Leigh Kimpton, Zac Hier,Tasman Fitzgerald,Zac Fitzgerald,Josh Vater,Max Neville,Scott Atkinson,Callum Hay,Sam Heinjus
YPFL>Tyler Andrews, Waylon Johncock, Lachlan Carey, Harry Litster, Daniel Toole,Abraham Helford,Dylan Mansell,Tyson Wait, Seth Matson
APFL> Tate Micheal, Joel Montgomerie,Ned Seccafien,Troy Algar,Nigel Osbourne,Jordan Clements,Heath Pym,Anthony Pontt, Wade Thompson
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:36 am

magpieeagle wrote:
barrys antz wrote:

NEFL>Travis Lane,Clinton Voigt, Ryan Darling, Leigh Kimpton, Zac Hier,Tasman Fitzgerald,Zac Fitzgerald,Josh Vater,Max Neville,Scott Atkinson,Callum Hay,Sam Heinjus
YPFL>Tyler Andrews, Waylon Johncock, Lachlan Carey, Harry Litster, Daniel Toole,Abraham Helford,Dylan Mansell,Tyson Wait, Seth Matson
APFL> Tate Micheal, Joel Montgomerie,Ned Seccafien,Troy Algar,Nigel Osbourne,Jordan Clements,Heath Pym,Anthony Pontt, Wade Thompson

Pretty certain Brad Hardie also
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Possibly. I got the squad from another source outside of unavailable officials. Just reward for Brad really. Producer Medal favourite at the moment IMO
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy