Postby eaglehaslanded » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Central 2.6.18 4.10.34 12.14.86 12.15.87
Eagles 2.2.14 4. 7.31 7.7.49 11.10.76

Best Players

Central:

Eagles: Cicolella, Symmons, McKenzie, Grocke

Goalkickers

Central: Schell 6; Jenner 2; Sansbury, Dutschke, O'hara, Slade 1

Eagles: Westbrook 3; Cheep 2; Jarrad, Grocke, McGregor, Goldsworthy, Sumner, Cicolella 1
Last edited by eaglehaslanded on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Re: Rnd 16 Central v Eagles Review

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Good game of footy but a pathetic last quarter by the doggies to kick 1 point i am not happy, some doggy players better start lifting their work rate especially Westhoff .

Schelly what a champ shame he did not kick straight ended up with 6 goals 5 points also took a speccy hope to see that on the replay.

Rowston had a great game with 4 goals i thought with his great effort he really kept the Wiggles in touch for a couple of quarters.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby smac » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:02 pm

I suggest you go watch training before sprouting off at the players and their workrates.

I'd like to see anyone play 4 quarters on a very soggy oval after training the way they have.

I was satisfied with a win, although a few more accurate kicks would have sewn up the result earlier, I'm sure.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Aerie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:04 pm

This was a frustrating game to watch. An arm wrestle in the first half, scores close thanks largely to inaccurate kicking for goal by Daniel Schell, who absolutely dominated. Central blew an insipid Eagles away in the 3rd quarter before the Eagles somehow edged closer and all of a sudden were only 2 goals down with 10 minutes still to play in the game. The umpiring was terrible. All in all not a great game of footy with neither side really hitting their straps at any stage. The conditions contributed, the oval was in poor condition.

McKenzie, Cicolella, Allmond and Grocke were best for the Eagles I thought. These guys put in all day. We all know about Macca and Cica, but the way Allmond has stepped up this year has been brilliant. Given he was not named because of injury, he must have passed a late fitness test and left nothing out there. Fast becoming one of my favourite players.

There were some poor performances, especially in that 3rd quarter. Rimington's not a defender and Cheep, whilst clever at times, needs to toughen up and put his body on the line. These two players frustrate me. When things got tough and the game was on the line in the 3rd, there was nothing in the Eagles. No aggression, no talk, no passion. Some efforts were weak. I don't know how the Eagles got back in the game in the end, probably a reflection on where Central are at at the moment - not travelling well - probably because they are priming themselves for greater things.

We need a Joe Pedler type of player back in the team. Someone who can lift those around him when the chips are down. I got to last weeks game at half time of the reserves and you could hear clear as day Dale Symmons firing up the team with his shouting. Why wasn't he doing that today in the league with the game slipping away in the 3rd? Not to single him out, he actually played well today, but he's the type of player we need to step up to be a strong team and some of these older mature bodied fringe players need to take responsibility.

Sumner was impressive in his first game. I was standing next to a scout who was was following him with his camcorder for the majority of the last quarter, including what he was doing when not near the ball. Smith you can see has potential, but he shouldn't be playing league - he is a boy amongst men. Goldsworthy is a talent and handles himself well. There is promise for the Eagles, but they are all over the shop at the moment.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:19 pm

OK i will re phrase what i meant game performance was well below the doggys standard as per last quarter which was quite pathetic !!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby goraw » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:29 pm

schell was brilliant all day. gee he is so versatile , gave kennymac an absolute bath .should have kicked ten.that specky he took was right in front of me and was mark of the year to date imo. cicca gave as good as he got with the gowans. really enjoyed that battle. cicca got a soft free, gowans gave him a rabbit punch, cicca got a 25 metre penality , brought him within 30 meters out. missed it and boy did the gowan boy love it lol. loved that byplay. i think the eagles should give grocke his marching orders. he is shit. boy im glad he doesnt play for north. undiciplined. and fumbles a lot under pressure. all in all a good tussle which schell could have put away a lot earlier, but to the eagles credit, they hung in.
goraw
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby Aerie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:37 pm

goraw wrote:schell was brilliant all day. gee he is so versatile , gave kennymac an absolute bath .should have kicked ten.that specky he took was right in front of me and was mark of the year to date imo. cicca gave as good as he got with the gowans. really enjoyed that battle. cicca got a soft free, gowans gave him a rabbit punch, cicca got a 25 metre penality , brought him within 30 meters out. missed it and boy did the gowan boy love it lol. loved that byplay. i think the eagles should give grocke his marching orders. he is s***t. boy im glad he doesnt play for north. undiciplined. and fumbles a lot under pressure. all in all a good tussle which schell could have put away a lot earlier, but to the eagles credit, they hung in.

Funny that in the article in the budget Cica said they are friends off the field and catch up for a beer and to punch each other in the ribs. Exactly what Gowans did (minus the beer).

Schell was superb. I see he kicked 6 goals, which could easily have been 12+. McGregor or Miles had no answer for him. We need Hier back in the side.

Your comment on Grocke is rubbish.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:43 pm

goraw wrote:boy im glad he doesnt play for north.

Grocke's probably happy about that as well.
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Postby goraw » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Aerie wrote:
goraw wrote:schell was brilliant all day. gee he is so versatile , gave kennymac an absolute bath .should have kicked ten.that specky he took was right in front of me and was mark of the year to date imo. cicca gave as good as he got with the gowans. really enjoyed that battle. cicca got a soft free, gowans gave him a rabbit punch, cicca got a 25 metre penality , brought him within 30 meters out. missed it and boy did the gowan boy love it lol. loved that byplay. i think the eagles should give grocke his marching orders. he is s***t. boy im glad he doesnt play for north. undiciplined. and fumbles a lot under pressure. all in all a good tussle which schell could have put away a lot earlier, but to the eagles credit, they hung in.

Funny that in the article in the budget Cica said they are friends off the field and catch up for a beer and to punch each other in the ribs. Exactly what Gowans did (minus the beer).

Schell was superb. I see he kicked 6 goals, which could easily have been 12+. McGregor or Miles had no answer for him. We need Hier back in the side.

Your comment on Grocke is rubbish.

i just dont rate grocke, never have. fumbles to much for me. agreed that hier needs to be rushed back into ur side. does have poise and a touch of class imo.
goraw
League - Best 21

Re: Rd 16 Central v Eagles Review

Postby Mickyj » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Well I am not totally disappointed with our performance today.
The team that was on the field did very well in the first half . Fell asleep in the third term.And almost won the day in the last .
But it highlights were the Eagles are at right now.Some of our second players looked like they were wearing their DADS shorts they were that young !!!

And pre game spoke with Andrew Rodgers he wanted the guys to have a crack today and they did in the fourth term.

Well done Centrals but u allowed the eagles to play well in the first and last terms.Schell and one of the gowans didnt kick straight and kill us off.

Cheers

PS
I have to call Adam Grocke the BODY as a special request from his cheer squad after he kicked a great goal today!!
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby matt1 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Mickyj wrote:Well I am not totally disappointed with our performance today.
The team that was on the field did very well in the first half . Fell asleep in the third term.And almost won the day in the last .
But it highlights were the Eagles are at right now.Some of our second players looked like they were wearing their DADS shorts they were that young !!!

And pre game spoke with Andrew Rodgers he wanted the guys to have a crack today and they did in the fourth term.

Well done Centrals but u allowed the eagles to play well in the first and last terms.Schell and one of the gowans didnt kick straight and kill us off.

Cheers

PS
I have to call Adam Grocke the BODY as a special request from his cheer squad after he kicked a great goal today!!

Bucky Rogers wasnt the only person I saw you talking to...... see you've got a message to the top, speaking with the CEO with all the females around you!!!!
matt1
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby centrecirclelegend » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:37 pm

good even contest until the third quarter when Centrals blew us away....

great effort from the boys in the last and to hold Centrals to 1 point and nearly pinching the game from them after 7 changes to the side ......

Cicca....great game for his 200th...

the running man.....Allmond just doesnt stop running and has very good ball skills another top game from him......

Byron Sumner impressed me greatly with his ball disposal, cleverness and was not intimidated at this level.....
centrecirclelegend
Under 16s

Postby Columbo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Interesting game today, Eagles probably shouldn't have been in a position to win in the last quarter after some fairly easy misses by the dogs early and then the blistering 3rd quarter esp the first 15 minutes.
Umpires made some perplexing decisions both ways...especially the 3 25M Penalties..2 against Central and 1 against Byron Sumner for creeping over the mark??...that happens 100's of times per game and nothing is done, having said that though the umpiring didn't influence the result in the end IMO
Great debut by Byron Sumner gave 100% all day, made some mistakes but he wasn't the lone ranger there!
Though Cica was probably best for the Eagles, McKenzie played well as usual, as did Allmond. Thought Grocke was OK today, just seems to be a bit far up the ground at times, takes some strong grabs but takes them too far out from goal to be damaging on the scoreboard..as we saw today with him kicking 2 or 3 points....50M seems to be about his range.
How good is Daniel Schell....one of those guys that never seems to have a bad game against the Eagles...bit like Corey AhChee, if he is forward or back he seems to have a blinder...probably should have had 10 today.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby harley d » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 pm

smac wrote:I suggest you go watch training before sprouting off at the players and their workrates.

I'd like to see anyone play 4 quarters on a very soggy oval after training the way they have.

I was satisfied with a win, although a few more accurate kicks would have sewn up the result earlier, I'm sure.

Good call. One of those dogs supporters I feel.
harley d
Rookie

Postby SnappyTom » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Aerie wrote:This was a frustrating game to watch...
...The umpiring was terrible...

53 frees. The worse display I've seen in a decade of watching SANFL footy.
Not saying either way - was an awful game to watch because the men in white just made it AwFuL.

Never been so disappointed walking out after a match.

ST...
The cats of Australia have made their choice!!!
SnappyTom
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby goraw » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 pm

SnappyTom wrote:

Not saying either way - was an awful game to watch because the men in white just made it AwFuL.

ST...

must say it was well over umpired today.terrible by colin especially.
goraw
League - Best 21

Postby EasyE » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:04 pm

SnappyTom wrote:

ST...

Yep, if the umpires are in any way made accountable for their performance, then Rowston and the vertically challenged bloke should be taking a break for a few weeks. It was bordering on the absurd today.

I dont even have a clear picture of who played well out there, because the most influential people on the ground were those two clowns! The SANFL need to sort this garbage out, otherwise the competition is doomed IMHO.
EasyE

Postby Dog-boy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:09 pm

SnappyTom wrote:

ST...

Could not agree more Snappy the umpires spoiled the game, i to was disappointed as i walked out and it was against both teams when will they learn to just let the game go and only pay the obvious free kicks!!!!!! FRUSTRATING.
Dog-boy

Postby eaglehaslanded » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Aerie wrote:Schell was superb. I see he kicked 6 goals, which could easily have been 12+. McGregor or Miles had no answer for him.

I thought young Stuart Hill did a good job on Schell - I was calling for that move all day. Damage was already done by then though.
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Big Phil » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 pm

FINAL SCORES & STATS:

RESERVES:

Central: 2.2 4.6 10.7 14.9 = 93

Eagles: 3.1 5.4 7.7 9.8 = 62

Result: Central by 31 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central: D.Menzel, S.Brading 3.0, J.Giles 2.1, L.Habel 2.0, T.Dunne 1.1, M.Frail, N.White, J.Hannath 1.0, D.Allocca 0.2, A.Christmann, N.Seccafien 0.1, Rushed 0.4

Eagles: N.Daniel 2.2, G.Dawson 2.0, N.Bately, L.Staple 1.1, J.Ploec, A.Rowntree, B.Graham 1.0, J.Cullen 0.2, B.Papps, A.Jolly 0.1

BETTER PLAYERS:

Centrals: J.Giles, L.Westhoff, S.Brading, R.Henderson, L.Habel, T.Dunne, D.Menzel, A.Switala

Eagles: N.Daniel, L.Staple, G.Dawson, L.Powell, Z.Hier, C.Hicks

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LEAGUE:

Central: 2.6 4.10 12.14 12.15 = 87

Eagles: 2.2 4.7 7.7 11.10 = 76

Result: Central by 11 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central: D.Schell 6.5, K.Jenner 2.0, M.Salde 1.1, E.Sansbury, S.Dutschke, B.O’Hara 1.0, T.Goodrem, J.Gowans, C.Gowans 0.2, C.O’Sullivan, M.Westhoff 0.1, Rushed 0.1

Eagles: D.Westbrook 3.2, J.Cheep 2.1, A.Grocke 1.3, J.Cicolella 1.1, M.Goldsworthy, L.Jarrad, K.McGregor, B.Sumner 1.0, Rushed 0.3

BETTER PLAYERS:

Central: D.Schell, M.Slade, B.O’Hara, L.Spurr, R.Cochrane, C.Gowans, S.Dutschke, C.O’Sullivan, J.Mackenzie, L.Hadden

Eagles: J.Ciciolella, M.Mackenzie, D.Symmons, J.Wright, L.Jarrad, J.Allmond, A.Grocke, D.Westbrook

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GAME STATISTICS:

Disposals:

Central: 288 - M.Slade 29, C.Gowans 21, D.Schell 20, R.Cochrane 19, L.Hadden 19, R.Williams 4

Eagles: 268 - J.Cicolella 32, D.Symmons 20, J.Wright 18, M.Mackenzie, J.Petrenko 15, B.Dabrowski 5

Marks:

Central: 75 - D.Schell 10, L.Spurr 8, M.Westhoff 6, R.Cochrane 5, S.Dutschke 5

Eagles: 55 - J.Cicolella 6, D.Symmons 6, J.Redden 4, L.Jarrad 4, K.McGregor 4

Tackles:

Central: 35 - C.O’Sullivan 7, T.Goodrem 5, C.Gowans 3

Eagles: 38 - J.Redden 5, M.Mackenzie 4, J.Cicolella 4

Hit Outs:

Central: 59 - J.Mackenzie 28, J.Griffin 24

Eagles: 22 - B.Dabrowski 11, J.Redden 7

Clearances:

Central: 32 - M.Slade 6, C.Gowans 5, J.Mackenzie 4, C.O’Sullivan 4

Eagles: 20 - M.Mackenzie 4, J.Allmond 4, D.Symmons 4, J.Cicolella 3