BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby brook » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:46 pm

I would have to agree.
Mercer, Cutting with out a doubt 1 & 2 O'Brien way off the mark.
Did hear O'Brien may have played back pocket on one R. James.
Can anyone from Ango confirm this.
brook
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Panther32 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Useless wrote:
roodog wrote:By the way - anyone like to comment who was at the Willaston v Freeling game? A total of 65 scoring shots between the two sides indicates NO ONE was manning up

Not a lot of it in the middle, resulted in a shoot out. both very open forward lines.

Hold did big Josh Wilson go for Freeling? That would have been his first game back from injury wouldn't it?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Useless » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 am

Panther32 wrote:
Useless wrote:
roodog wrote:By the way - anyone like to comment who was at the Willaston v Freeling game? A total of 65 scoring shots between the two sides indicates NO ONE was manning up

Not a lot of it in the middle, resulted in a shoot out. both very open forward lines.

Hold did big Josh Wilson go for Freeling? That would have been his first game back from injury wouldn't it?

Pretty much first game back. Went ok. Very good ruckman needs to improve around the ground and impact a few more contest.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Panther32 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Useless wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
Useless wrote:

Pretty much first game back. Went ok. Very good ruckman needs to improve around the ground and impact a few more contest.

Yeah I watched Josh play back a few years ago when he played for Yank.
Big bloke and was pretty dominant back then.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Lethal Dose » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm

ANZAC day promises to put up an "El'Classico" of a match for local gawler people, with the tigers taking on the Donnies. Will this game allow us to Gage where both sides are at. Will Centrals be the dominant side of 2014 or will it be all about gawler sides this year if the donnies can get up in a close one. Good for the league if the Barossa clubs strangle hold on premierships can be shared around.
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:ANZAC day promises to put up an "El'Classico" of a match for local gawler people, with the tigers taking on the Donnies. Will this game allow us to Gage where both sides are at. Will Centrals be the dominant side of 2014 or will it be all about gawler sides this year if the donnies can get up in a close one. Good for the league if the Barossa clubs strangle hold on premierships can be shared around.

How so?
Personally im more than happy if a Gawler club never wins another flag especially Centrals. Sadly I think no one will get within 10 goals of them.
I think an undefeated season, thus avoiding the dreaded Prelim Final only to choke in the G/F with the boxheads upsetting them at home is the best we can hope for.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1662 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:ANZAC day promises to put up an "El'Classico" of a match for local gawler people, with the tigers taking on the Donnies. Will this game allow us to Gage where both sides are at. Will Centrals be the dominant side of 2014 or will it be all about gawler sides this year if the donnies can get up in a close one. Good for the league if the Barossa clubs strangle hold on premierships can be shared around.

Willaston could start now and still not get with 10 goals of Centrals.
Will be an absolute flogging, no side will get close to Centrals this year let alone an average Willaston side
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Bag & Sledge » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:50 am

Red Rocket wrote:

Willaston could start now and still not get with 10 goals of Centrals.
Will be an absolute flogging, no side will get close to Centrals this year let alone an average Willaston side

I think some people are underestimating how powerful Willaston will be in 2014.
This is a side that was premiership favourites for some people early last year before injuries struck, they also lost by a kick both times against Gawler Central in 2013 (who went on to lose a GF) and from that side they have only lost Travis Natt and topped up with Michael Howson, Mark McCallum (kicked 90 odd goals in 2012 for Kilburn) and Scott White all very handy players.
Jimmy Jones could also be back at any time after his stint with Glenelg.
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

How so?
Personally im more than happy if a Gawler club never wins another flag especially Centrals. Sadly I think no one will get within 10 goals of them.
I think an undefeated season, thus avoiding the dreaded Prelim Final only to choke in the G/F with the boxheads upsetting them at home is the best we can hope for.

How so? What a stupid reply, boring to watch the same sides win every year, especially when tanunda kept winning. I hope its a 1,2,3 finish for the gawler clubs and shoves it right up all those toffee nosed grape growers and chardonnay swiggers. Infact be great to one day see Freeling win the flag or South, been a long time coming.
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

How so?

How so? What a stupid reply, boring to watch the same sides win every year, especially when tanunda kept winning. I hope its a 1,2,3 finish for the gawler clubs and shoves it right up all those toffee nosed grape growers and chardonnay swiggers. Infact be great to one day see Freeling win the flag or South, been a long time coming.

Gawler clubs have already won more than their fair share of flags this milennium. The odd spasmodic appearance in a G/F should be enough to keep the handful of supporters at each club happy.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Swooper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

How so?

Personally I hope Tanunda wins it every year but that is not going to happen, however it is best to share it around as it does get very boring, at this stage it does appear that Centrals are the favourites for a very good reason but I do think the Donnybrook's will also be up there. Just to let you know LD, most grape growers are broke and are being bought out by the Chinese, certainly not toffee nosed and we are shiraz swiggers not cheap crappy chardonnay swiggers we leave that stuff for Dan Murphy's so you can afford a drink. I hope Freeling win it one day as well, then those toffee nosed wealthy grain growers can then really enjoy some of their malting barley.
Swooper
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Rabish Binney » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

How so?

At least we know Angaston wont be there at the business end of the season (again)
Rabish Binney
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:13 am

Rabish Binney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

How so?

At least we know Angaston wont be there at the business end of the season (again)

No expectation=No disappointment
Gawler Central on the other hand we all know how well they handle the pressure of finals.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Extractor » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 am

Can anyone else picture Days sitting up there in the hills pushing pins into his little Gawler Central Voodoo doll and chanting curses to bring us bad fortune?
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lethal Dose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

How so?

Gawler clubs have already won more than their fair share of flags this milennium. The odd spasmodic appearance in a G/F should be enough to keep the handful of supporters at each club happy.

Wrong again buddy, If you mean since 2000, then only one premiership has been won by a gawler club, Centrals in 2001, Tanunda have won 5, Barossa 4, Kapunda 2, Nuriootpa 1, Angaston 1. So thats 11 to barossa clubs, 2 to the lights and 1 to gawler
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Postby Lethal Dose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Swooper wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

How so?

Personally I hope Tanunda wins it every year but that is not going to happen, however it is best to share it around as it does get very boring, at this stage it does appear that Centrals are the favourites for a very good reason but I do think the Donnybrook's will also be up there. Just to let you know LD, most grape growers are broke and are being bought out by the Chinese, certainly not toffee nosed and we are shiraz swiggers not cheap crappy chardonnay swiggers we leave that stuff for Dan Murphy's so you can afford a drink. I hope Freeling win it one day as well, then those toffee nosed wealthy grain growers can then really enjoy some of their malting barley.

i dont drink wine anyway, so i'll leave that to who else shops at dan murphys. don't get me wrong, i enjoyed watching sides like tanunda and barossa when they had good sides, i just think its a welcome change to see other clubs have there turn up at the top, even though nobody likes the gawler clubs that much
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 pm

How so?
I think an undefeated season, thus avoiding the dreaded Prelim Final only to choke in the G/F with the boxheads upsetting them at home is the best we can hope for.[/quote]

How so? What a stupid reply, boring to watch the same sides win every year, especially when tanunda kept winning. I hope its a 1,2,3 finish for the gawler clubs and shoves it right up all those toffee nosed grape growers and chardonnay swiggers. Infact be great to one day see Freeling win the flag or South, been a long time coming.[/quote]

Gawler clubs have already won more than their fair share of flags this milennium. The odd spasmodic appearance in a G/F should be enough to keep the handful of supporters at each club happy.[/quote]

Wrong again buddy, If you mean since 2000, then only one premiership has been won by a gawler club, Centrals in 2001, Tanunda have won 5, Barossa 4, Kapunda 2, Nuriootpa 1, Angaston 1. So thats 11 to barossa clubs, 2 to the lights and 1 to gawler[/quote]

Thats a matter of opinion. As I said that's more than their fair share.
Willaston have appeared in 2 G/F as have Centrals and Centrals have appeared in about 200 prelim finals. Win a couple of them and you wouldnt be whinging about the lack of success in Gawler and the so called boring clubs winning it all the time
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Checksider » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 am

daysofourlives wrote:How so?

How so? What a stupid reply, boring to watch the same sides win every year, especially when tanunda kept winning. I hope its a 1,2,3 finish for the gawler clubs and shoves it right up all those toffee nosed grape growers and chardonnay swiggers. Infact be great to one day see Freeling win the flag or South, been a long time coming.[/quote]

Gawler clubs have already won more than their fair share of flags this milennium. The odd spasmodic appearance in a G/F should be enough to keep the handful of supporters at each club happy.[/quote]

Wrong again buddy, If you mean since 2000, then only one premiership has been won by a gawler club, Centrals in 2001, Tanunda have won 5, Barossa 4, Kapunda 2, Nuriootpa 1, Angaston 1. So thats 11 to barossa clubs, 2 to the lights and 1 to gawler[/quote]

Willaston have appeared in 2 G/F as have Centrals and Centrals have appeared in about 200 prelim finals. Win a couple of them and you wouldnt be whinging about the lack of success in Gawler and the so called boring clubs winning it all the time[/quote]

Laughable! Days of our Lives you are a pompous knob mate!
Checksider

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Useless » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Willaston have appeared in 2 G/F as have Centrals and Centrals have appeared in about 200 prelim finals. Win a couple of them and you wouldnt be whinging about the lack of success in Gawler and the so called boring clubs winning it all the time[/quote]

Laughable! Days of our Lives you are a pompous knob mate![/quote]

Someone finally got the point that Days was stirring the pot. Jeez have you not been on the forum its all he does. Quite clearly he doesn't want gawler teams to win. But he did make a small point its not like they have not had chances. Centrals been heavily involved in finals for some time but have never converted. but surely this year is there year as seem to be the best team by a fair margin but, you only have to be the better team come September.

I really hope teams not stated in above will eventually come good (mainly Freeling to be honest).
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Checksider » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Useless wrote:How so? What a stupid reply, boring to watch the same sides win every year, especially when tanunda kept winning. I hope its a 1,2,3 finish for the gawler clubs and shoves it right up all those toffee nosed grape growers and chardonnay swiggers. Infact be great to one day see Freeling win the flag or South, been a long time coming.

Laughable! Days of our Lives you are a pompous knob mate![/quote]

Someone finally got the point that Days was stirring the pot. Jeez have you not been on the forum its all he does. Quite clearly he doesn't want gawler teams to win. But he did make a small point its not like they have not had chances. Centrals been heavily involved in finals for some time but have never converted. but surely this year is there year as seem to be the best team by a fair margin but, you only have to be the better team come September.

I really hope teams not stated in above will eventually come good (mainly Freeling to be honest).[/quote]

I haven't logged on for a while because I cannot be bothered with some of his ilk but I do like to keep up with the thoughts of those with no set agenda.I do too. Always found Freeling to be a good lot.A healthy, sustainable competition is one where all clubs have some time in the top half every 2-3 years. Not sure that we should condemn clubs who have fought their way out of tough times to be regularly competitive though. Tall poppy syndrome? Gawler Central have only won 3 flags since the mid fifties and wore the "battler" tag much the same as the Shinboner Kangaroos. It was only when the club had the coin to match it with the Barossa clubs after the formation of BLG that the club scored the 1991 flag and after a period of rebuilding it won a flag with locals in 2001. It has always taken pride in it's juniors, contributed to Association sides and Central District and lost plenty to other comps for money. In recent years, now financially sustainable, it has spent money to have a side out there that could beat most but other than last year when the tigers were even favs I think most would agree that finishing third was only one place lower than they were expected to have achieved against the states best country team at the time in Tanunda. Is this a fair comment?
Checksider

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy