Dig Deep for a Worthy Cause

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Dig Deep for a Worthy Cause

Postby chief » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:32 am

Let hope all the remaining football clubs will dig deep and support the lads and ladettes wearing pink tshirts who will be selling the Footy Budget exclusively at all finals grounds,raising money for the Breast Cancer Foundation.Last week I hear it was not supported by some amateur league clubs which was a little disappointing,but on the other hand at other amateur grounds like GX they had fantastic support.So lets put the challenge out there to all remainig amateur clubs to support this and help the lads and ladettes raise huge amounts for this worthy cause. :D :D :D :D :D
chief
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Re: Dig Deep for a Worthy Cause

Postby class act » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 am

Lets hope Chief that the money collector's from amateur league don't charge these pink tshirt wearing lads and ladettes to get through the gate at some of the fenced games,whilst trying to raise money for a great cause.Well done to all involved,you have 100 % support from our club . :D :D
class act
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jabber » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am

class act wrote:Lets hope Chief that the money collector's from amateur league don't charge these pink tshirt wearing lads and ladettes to get through the gate at some of the fenced games,whilst trying to raise money for a great cause.Well done to all involved,you have 100 % support from our club . :D :D

Put it this way, if a pink shirt wearing budget seller gets charged to get into panther park, i'll pay for their entry fee, just get hold of a plympton match day official and ask him for jabber and i'll reimburse the cost, and im sure there would be others around the league that would do the same.

Of course the SAAFL will charge them, since when has the league had a heart.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby itsmyclub » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 am

The League do have a heart jabber - great to see them let the Budgets being sold.

They do not always have to set up outside the oval though. Set up outside of Thebarton and St Marys
and all the fenced ovals and get the patrons on the way in though mate and that would stop this problem
if it happened anyways.

Bit low a few clubs last week making their own Budgets and selling them but that there call I guess Most clubs
around the League know who they are by now and some of those people have long memories.

Hey my famly has been touched by Breast Cancer - so get out there and spend a few bucks with both putting
the money into the cans and buying a Budget. All the money goes to the Breast Cancer Foundation except for
the Printing of the Books and I am sure everyone will get behind it this week as it is such a worthy cause.

Buy - Buy - Buy to everyone out there
itsmyclub
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Keepitreal » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 am

=D> Well said IMC, also had a friend pass away with breast cancer and at 32 was way to young leaving 2 kids, so hands in deep and give generously.
Keepitreal
Under 18s

Postby Jabber » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:40 am

Keepitreal wrote:=D> Well said IMC, also had a friend pass away with breast cancer and at 32 was way to young leaving 2 kids, so hands in deep and give generously.

spot on, my uncle of all people had breat cancer, i didnt even realise it affected men, but there you go, thats why i said i'd pay for them to come into the ground if they got charged.

Ps i still dont think the league has a heart.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby itsmyclub » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Jabber wrote:
Keepitreal wrote:=D> Well said IMC, also had a friend pass away with breast cancer and at 32 was way to young leaving 2 kids, so hands in deep and give generously.

spot on, my uncle of all people had breat cancer, i didnt even realise it affected men, but there you go, thats why i said i'd pay for them to come into the ground if they got charged.

Ps i still dont think the league has a heart.

Lets just ensure that everyone keeps talking this up and ensuring that it is not forgotten about during the Finals
by anyone who uses this site and is a lover of Amateur Footy and most importantly the funds are going to a worthy
cause. Please everyone get behind this cause - Too many people die of this horrid disease. Even our iconic people
such as Glen McGrath had his wife tragically taken from us way too early. Every cent raised will go towards a great
cause and NOBODY would want to say anthing different.
itsmyclub
Mini-League

Postby itsmyclub » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Keep digging and keep supporting on Saturday. This is a bit of a crusade to support this cause so get behind it
itsmyclub
Mini-League

Postby turk186 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 am

Yes there will be a lot of people giving up time and effort to support this great cause

Please dig deep people and show everyone what a great group of people support our local game
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times

Postby aceman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 am

I am compelled to appeal to ALL footy supporters within the SAAFL ranks to support this cause, we all know how vital funds are to continue the research into this horrific disease.
Congrats to everyone involved from the concept created by the Budget people to the boys & girls who are the "foot sloggers" that are putting in the hard yards collecting.
Had you seen them at Gepps last week still collecting in the driving rain, you would have thought they were silly, they believe strongly in the cause and so should everyone else.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby class act » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:55 am

I to have been touched by breast cancer with my wife being a victim of this dreaded disease ,but she is one of the lucky ones,so I to am passionate about this cause,so whether or not my club continues to play through the finals series we are supporting the footy budget and this fantastic cause,so don't turn away when a pink tshirt seller approaches you,welcome them and donate to the breast cancer foundation buy a budget and throw some dollars into the tins and together we can all help raise some huge dollars. :D :D
class act
Mini-League

Postby chief » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 am

It's great to see that everyone is getting behind the Footy Budget and supporting the Breast Cancer Foundation.Lets spread the word so that everyone knows when they see a PINK TSHIRT they are there selling the budget for a great cause and collecting funds.Good Luck to all Involved especially the pink lads and ladettes,lets hope for an awesome result and good weather. :D
chief
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby itsmyclub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 am

class act wrote:I to have been touched by breast cancer with my wife being a victim of this dreaded disease ,but she is one of the lucky ones,so I to am passionate about this cause,so whether or not my club continues to play through the finals series we are supporting the footy budget and this fantastic cause,so don't turn away when a pink tshirt seller approaches you,welcome them and donate to the breast cancer foundation buy a budget and throw some dollars into the tins and together we can all help raise some huge dollars. :D :D

All of us have to keep pushing this cause for the next month - it is just so important to raise money for this great foundation
itsmyclub
Mini-League

Postby itsmyclub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 am

class act wrote:I to have been touched by breast cancer with my wife being a victim of this dreaded disease ,but she is one of the lucky ones,so I to am passionate about this cause,so whether or not my club continues to play through the finals series we are supporting the footy budget and this fantastic cause,so don't turn away when a pink tshirt seller approaches you,welcome them and donate to the breast cancer foundation buy a budget and throw some dollars into the tins and together we can all help raise some huge dollars. :D :D

All of us have to keep pushing this cause for the next month - it is just so important to raise money for this great foundation
itsmyclub
Mini-League

Postby class act » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 am

itsmyclub wrote:

You are so right IMC ,word of mouth ,lets push this - and raise HUGE dollars for this Great Foundation!!!!
class act
Mini-League

Postby class act » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 am

chief wrote:It's great to see that everyone is getting behind the Footy Budget and supporting the Breast Cancer Foundation.Lets spread the word so that everyone knows when they see a PINK TSHIRT they are there selling the budget for a great cause and collecting funds.Good Luck to all Involved especially the pink lads and ladettes,lets hope for an awesome result and good weather. :D

The last time I looked the weather prediction is mainly fine around 16 degrees ,so lets hope there is huge crowds at all games.
class act
Mini-League

Postby aceman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 am

class act wrote:
chief wrote:It's great to see that everyone is getting behind the Footy Budget and supporting the Breast Cancer Foundation.Lets spread the word so that everyone knows when they see a PINK TSHIRT they are there selling the budget for a great cause and collecting funds.Good Luck to all Involved especially the pink lads and ladettes,lets hope for an awesome result and good weather. :D

The last time I looked the weather prediction is mainly fine around 16 degrees ,so lets hope there is huge crowds at all games.

Until you are touched in some way by this disease, I don't think you realise how bad it really is.
My wife's mother & oldest sister both had the problem which inevitably led to their deaths, another sister has had a breast removed, my youngest son's mother in law has recently had breast surgery to remove growths, so it's a cause that has had a major impact in our lives.
Can everyone please do whatever they can to assist this cause.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby class act » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 pm

aceman wrote:
class act wrote:

Until you are touched in some way by this disease, I don't think you realise how bad it really is.
My wife's mother & oldest sister both had the problem which inevitably led to their deaths, another sister has had a breast removed, my youngest son's mother in law has recently had breast surgery to remove growths, so it's a cause that has had a major impact in our lives.

So true I thought our world was about to fall apart when my wife was diagnosed,but The Breast Cancer Founadtion support group were fantastic help to us,so I plead to everyone to get behind this cause and dig deep ,you never know when you may need some help and support as we did.
class act
Mini-League

Postby itsmyclub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm

class act wrote:
aceman wrote:
class act wrote:

So true I thought our world was about to fall apart when my wife was diagnosed,but The Breast Cancer Founadtion support group were fantastic help to us,so I plead to everyone to get behind this cause and dig deep ,you never know when you may need some help and support as we did.

Everyone who has commented here has a touching story of things that happen in their lives. This happens to women all over the
world daily. As I said earlier - we really were hit hard when Jane McGrath sadly passed, now only money and well raised money can
help save the lives of others and help cure this shocking disease. For god sake everyone please kick in on Saturday and all the way
trhough September. If we all brought a Budget for the next 3 weeks and kicked in $5 each week it still is only going to cost $24 bucks each. - Not much I would not have thought for a fantastic Charity and worthy Foundatiion
itsmyclub
Mini-League

Postby aceman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Just got word back from 5aa that Cornesy & Rowey are onboard with this as far as giving it regular "airtime', and may be interviewing a lady from the Foundation discussing the importance of fund raising that goes towards research for this incidious disease.
Many thanks to them too!
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League