Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:23 am

Heard on the weekend Craig Simmons is moving to Adelaide full time for his Strikers deal. Assuming University or Kensington have this one already stitched up ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby charlie_MAN » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:19 pm

The Woodville Rechabite Cricket Club seeks a senior playing Coach with senior cricket knowledge and experience to lead our playing group.

The club located in the Western Suburbs is a financially secured cricket club which is not governed by other sporting organisations and contains outstanding playing and community facilities with the successful applicant supported by a strong Board of Management.

Woodville Rechabite Cricket Club is in the Adelaide Turf Cricket Association has 3 senior sides competing in A1 Premier, B3 and C3 grades and 7 junior sides. We have a strong cricket club culture which succeeds on its family orientated atmosphere. The club has the benefit of having both playing ovals adjacent to the club with both cricket pitches curated under the management of club personal.

The club approaching its 85th year is looking for the right person to guide its playing group for next season and beyond. To register your interest please contact our Chairman, Paul Behrendt on 0405-219-922 or email at paul.behrendt@hotmail.com by close of business Friday 25th July.

Remuneration is negotiable, based on the experience and skills of the successful applicant
charlie_MAN

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby the javelin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:23 pm

any player movements? ins and outs! also has the programme been released yet
the javelin
Mini-League

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:39 pm

the javelin wrote:any player movements? ins and outs! also has the programme been released yet

The Bays are rumoured to be losing a couple....one of them is yet to play a game for them!
heater31

Postby maxi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 pm

heater31 wrote:
the javelin wrote:any player movements? ins and outs! also has the programme been released yet

The Bays are rumoured to be losing a couple....one of them is yet to play a game for them!
Valente?
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Aerie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Season starts Oct 18 with a one-dayer and that will be the only clash with Premier League for the season. Preliminary rounds of the One Day comp morphed in to regular season matches which is a good move. Just the three Sat/Sun matches (played by all Grades), plus One Day QF,SF,GF all played on Sunday if you qualify. Three preliminary rounds plus QF,SF and GF for the T20 competition, all played on Tuesday nights.

SACA have done well with the program. Season is 1 week shorter than last year and there are 4 less Sunday's of commitment needed. T20 competition becomes a bit more competitive than the 4 preliminary rounds plus final that they had last year.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Izzy Borgas to TTG is my mail. Big loss to a depleted northerns batting line up, which has a lot of young promising guys to take over in his absence anyway. Massive in for TTG as thats sure to strengthen the middle order that has at times let the side down when crucial games are there to be won ie: last years grand final!!!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby The Hound » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:48 pm

[quote="The Angry Bull"]Izzy Borgas to TTG is my mail. Big loss to a depleted northerns batting line up, which has a lot of young promising guys to take over in his absence anyway. Massive in for TTG as thats sure to strengthen the middle order that has at times let the side down when crucial games are there to be won ie: last years grand final!!![/quote]

The Bull is not still Angry regarding the GF loss. An extra 20/30 runs or a couple of 50/50 decisions go your way when batting and you might have had them, so pretty close to winning it.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 pm

The Hound wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:Izzy Borgas to TTG is my mail. Big loss to a depleted northerns batting line up, which has a lot of young promising guys to take over in his absence anyway. Massive in for TTG as thats sure to strengthen the middle order that has at times let the side down when crucial games are there to be won ie: last years grand final!!![/quote]

The Bull is not still Angry regarding the GF loss. An extra 20/30 runs or a couple of 50/50 decisions go your way when batting and you might have had them, so pretty close to winning it.

No not angry at all, disappointed but not angry. would have been great to celebrate having all three trophys up at pertaringa though. Hopefully we can go one better this year.

The loss of O'Hara and Reilly to port doesn't help with our depth, and Big O-Barn was certainly crucial to our limited overs success. port do have some key players to replace, I can only see them being a contender again if the money hasn't dried up and big benno takes 50 wickets.

I will add that it would be great to see a premier this year that has over 50% of thier side made up of players who have come through the ranks at the respective club. only 7 from the 22 from the premiers in the last two years off the top of my head, thats including Fernandez who I am guessing was. you dont hear much about the silver fox but he can take a wicket!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby the star » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:03 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:Izzy Borgas to TTG is my mail. Big loss to a depleted northerns batting line up, which has a lot of young promising guys to take over in his absence anyway. Massive in for TTG as thats sure to strengthen the middle order that has at times let the side down when crucial games are there to be won ie: last years grand final!!!

My mail has him going to woodville
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Stumps » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Why would he leave clubs?
Strange was given opportunities at a young age and for a fairly limited player has done well for the club
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Stumps wrote:Why would he leave clubs?
Strange was given opportunities at a young age and for a fairly limited player has done well for the club

A fair few players have left Northern Districts over the recent years...... is there a reason why these blokes are leaving??
heater31

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Definitely ttg. I have no idea why to be honest, he has been their skipper for the past two seasons after all. He's obviously doing something right if he's in this years emerging squad when you have the likes of davey and evans missing out, one has to think that it was their own decision not to be in it. As for players leaving, I dont think they've been bleeding players. Seems to be a good club with some great lads with a decent core of young lads and they're always pressing for the 4 , maybe they're sick of the commitment, maybe they're lured by pdca money
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby The Frog » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 am

the star wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:Izzy Borgas to TTG is my mail. Big loss to a depleted northerns batting line up, which has a lot of young promising guys to take over in his absence anyway. Massive in for TTG as thats sure to strengthen the middle order that has at times let the side down when crucial games are there to be won ie: last years grand final!!!

better choice
The Frog
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby The Frog » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

Shark_Hunter wrote:
maxi wrote:West Torrens have no intention of merging so its not them in a 3 team cartel. Mybe its Adelaide Im hearing they dont have a coach players leaving and have been left in a finanacial mess by a previuos administrator.

Not what I've been hearing Maxi. Two separate people close to the club have told me there is definite interest from some influential people at WT. While this doesn't mean it is cut and dried that it will be pursued, I certainly do not think there is a consensus either way. And don't forget that the WT members did vote to pursue a merger with Woodville in the late 90s only for the Woodville members to knock it back.

What makes you think there is no interest?

might be hard finding an interested dance partner
The Frog
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby The Hound » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 am

The Frog wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:
maxi wrote:West Torrens have no intention of merging so its not them in a 3 team cartel. Mybe its Adelaide Im hearing they dont have a coach players leaving and have been left in a finanacial mess by a previuos administrator.

Not what I've been hearing Maxi. Two separate people close to the club have told me there is definite interest from some influential people at WT. While this doesn't mean it is cut and dried that it will be pursued, I certainly do not think there is a consensus either way. And don't forget that the WT members did vote to pursue a merger with Woodville in the late 90s only for the Woodville members to knock it back.

You only have to read the WT Annual Report to find that they are intre$ted in merging!
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:02 am

The Hound wrote:
The Frog wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:

You only have to read the WT Annual Report to find that they are intre$ted in merging!

:lol:

People say they have no interest but yet it appears in the official club records :oops:
heater31

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:08 am

500k is a decent incentive.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:55 pm

The Frog wrote:
the star wrote:

better choice

I am interested to know why, in your opinion, it is a better choice?
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby james07 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:Definitely ttg. I have no idea why to be honest, he has been their skipper for the past two seasons after all. He's obviously doing something right if he's in this years emerging squad when you have the likes of davey and evans missing out, one has to think that it was their own decision not to be in it. As for players leaving, I dont think they've been bleeding players. Seems to be a good club with some great lads with a decent core of young lads and they're always pressing for the 4 , maybe they're sick of the commitment, maybe they're lured by pdca money

Hey Bull

I heard that most the guys have headed off to ATCA in particular Pooraka. Did you it differently?
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps