Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:33 am

Who knows what is going to happen with us. Have plenty of performers in the PL so hoping they bring that form back with them....

On a side note, looks like Prospect have invested wisely with an overseas player again.....he scores a hundred and the rest struggle to match his score!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Burras » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:13 pm

heater31 wrote:Who knows what is going to happen with us. Have plenty of performers in the PL so hoping they bring that form back with them....

On a side note, looks like Prospect have invested wisely with an overseas player again.....he scores a hundred and the rest struggle to match his score!

I reckon adelaide are the dark horses this year. Valente, Neate and Raphael are in good form!
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Burras wrote:
heater31 wrote:Who knows what is going to happen with us. Have plenty of performers in the PL so hoping they bring that form back with them....

I reckon adelaide are the dark horses this year. Valente, Neate and Raphael are in good form!

Hopefully Neate brings is radar most weeks and I'm not talking about measuring his speed. Inside the parallel lines please Neateman!
heater31

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:33 pm

heater31 wrote:
Burras wrote:

Hopefully Neate brings is radar most weeks and I'm not talking about measuring his speed. Inside the parallel lines please Neateman!

Neate been bowling really quick for Western Grit. Reminds me of young Shaun Tait, can be very wayward, one ball goes for 5 wides, then next nearly knocks blokes head off, gets lots of wickets but can be expensive.

Named in Futures team for game in Tassie next week, reckon if he stays fit could push for Redbacks next year, especially if his rate of improvement keeps going up.

Valente is better allrounder than Gregory in my opinion, but Greg Chappell loves Gregory so he seems to get picked first. Definitely Cam's stats have been more impressive.

Raf been a bit lucky, as can happen sometimes. Dropped an absolute sitter against PNG when had not scored (made 72), then caught on no ball against Edge when on 38 (made 179), so could have been different story, but still would open for Redbacks if Hughes not playing.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Burras wrote:

Neate been bowling really quick for Western Grit. Reminds me of young Shaun Tait, can be very wayward, one ball goes for 5 wides, then next nearly knocks blokes head off, gets lots of wickets but can be expensive.

Named in Futures team for game in Tassie next week, reckon if he stays fit could push for Redbacks next year, especially if his rate of improvement keeps going up.

Was talking with a team mate about Neatey just last week has probably closed his chance of first class cricket window by about 4 years as he just trundled in off a few steps. Wasn't until Trent Kelly went to an Adelaide training session last year and told him to step out a proper run up and bend ya back mate! Instantly one of the quickest bowlers in grade cricket. Put Weekes from Port in hospital the next Saturday when he whacked him in the chest.
heater31

Postby beeroclock » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Your a precious fella.
He's into his fourth season at Prospect.
Hardly a massive investment out of the blue.
Perhaps he enjoys the place.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:22 pm

beeroclock wrote:

Your a precious fella.

He certainly loves banking the cheque! Not sure about much else
heater31

Postby Aerie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:06 pm

So do we have full strength Grade Cricket for the 1st day of this game and then Shield players missing for the 2nd day? Smith, Ferguson and Drennan will be nice additions to the batting line up at West Torrens - all in form.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 505 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 am

Aerie wrote:So do we have full strength Grade Cricket for the 1st day of this game and then Shield players missing for the 2nd day? Smith, Ferguson and Drennan will be nice additions to the batting line up at West Torrens - all in form.

Yeah we add in i would say - T Evans, Cuconits, Head, Davey, Borgas, Hutchinson, Nottle, Winter
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby beeroclock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:20 am

heater31 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Your a precious fella.

He certainly loves banking the cheque! Not sure about much else

I suppose you think it's huge too.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Burras » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:52 am

Whats this i hear about crisis meeting at Adelaide last night Heater?
3 blokes want the captains gig, 2 will walk if they dont get it?
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:56 am

Burras wrote:Whats this i hear about crisis meeting at Adelaide last night Heater?

Oh FFS not this shit again :roll:
heater31

Postby beeroclock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 am

Burras wrote:Whats this i hear about crisis meeting at Adelaide last night Heater?

Does Heater gets on here and airs dirty linen on another club to deflect issues at his own?
I have no idea about his club and don't care.
Ironic if true.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby The Hound » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 am

beeroclock wrote:

Does Heater gets on here and airs dirty linen on another club to deflect issues at his own?
Ironic if true.

Leave Heater alone, he is one of the good guys of Grade cricket :) and usually has his finger on the pulse
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:51 am

beeroclock wrote:

Ironic if true.

I don't have issues but it appears someone else at the club might have....maybe this person or persons should reevaluate where they are at and if they want to be a part of the club.
heater31

Postby beeroclock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:19 pm

heater31 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Ironic if true.

I don't have issues but it appears someone else at the club might have....maybe this person or persons should reevaluate where they are at and if they want to be a part of the club.

Piss em off.
That's why the the gun Pom plays where he does.
No big arse egos at the Pirates.
Just a bunch of try hards.
Last edited by beeroclock on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 pm

beeroclock wrote:
heater31 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Ironic if true.

Piss em off.

Well said.

For the record for those interested there is no truth in these allegations what so ever.
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 am

Woodville have forfieted their D grade :roll:
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 am

Footy Smart wrote:Woodville have forfieted their D grade :roll:

Only named 4 on mycricket. Double wicket comp in order tomorrow??
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 am

heater31 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Woodville have forfieted their D grade :roll:

Only named 4 on mycricket. Double wicket comp in order tomorrow??

Not sure what our mob will do, the 8 or so blokes who missed out on a game I know are playing back at their community clubs so cant even rustle up an internal.
Footy Smart
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps