Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby sjt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:28 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
bloods08 wrote:Re: Callinan (and apologies if it has been brought up before)

Do the crows (reserves) have to pay a transfer fee to Centrals for his services? Like other clubs do when players switch SANFL clubs.

If not, why not?

I hope they don't, it would be a farce if they did. Callinan has been a Crows player for a few years now. If it was someone on Centrals books that transferred, then yes there should be, but the Crows had the rights to him so to speak the moment they called his name in the draft.

For this same reason it's a farce that Norwood and West get to replace AFL listed players despite a trade ban.

SANFL clubs received transfer fees for players taken in the SANFL draft when they moved clubs, how is this any different? They are registered SANFL players transferring from a club to a different team (refuse to call the AFL sides clubs) so fees should apply in my book.

Both AFL sides should be handing over the standard AFL player fee for each player transferring to them in the SANFL.

wouldn't centrals have received money when nutter was drafted ??

Originally yes. More recently he was delisted (not drafted). He's no longer on the crows afl list. I don't believe they're getting a transfer fee even though he's gone from an sanfl club now to an sanfl participant.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:
I've never understood the opposite as either a) people didn't follow the vfl and just jumped on board because a new team was nearby, these people I don't hold any respect for and they are nothing more than brain dead sheep
b) adults changed teams to support a new team, these people I don't respect as they have no loyalty
c) people never follow the game and jumped on board because of the hype, these cinema goers I can slightly understand, these people have no idea about the game and spend most of games booing the umpires
d) people who had family or friends playing for a new club, this minority have my respect
e) young kids made up their mind to follow a team using their own brainpower , these have my respect too.

That's a bit heavy. I mean it is just the AFL we are talking about, it's not the SANFL. It's a big glitzy TV thing and you can't go to anyone's house these days without it being on the box, so you pick a team.
SANFL on the other hand is a matter of blood, I could no more follow South than drain every last drop of blood from my body at Unley Oval then drive down to Noarlunga and refill with Panther red. It's hardwired in me. Whereas Carlton happened after, and around the te the Crows came in the Vics, for years, had been playing all sorts of tricks to get an SA side to join the VFL. my love of the SANFL was what made me (initially) follow a side which was (initially) filled with SANFL players, sticking it up the Vics at every opportunity.
For me the same thinking applies now, as it did then, the Vics screwed the SANFL around, hence I followed the Crows, now the Crows are screwing the SANFL around, I'm going to follow Carlton from now on.
My blood loyalty extends only so far as Sturt and our comp. The SANFL is like that for many people, just as the old VFL was for the Vics and WAFL was for the sandgropers. This AFL shit seems to include, new clubs, new rules, free give aways to even the comp up if your team happens to be shit, etc, etc, and the followers of these born yesterday clubs are blind to what I'm talking about. They can't see that what they follow is becoming closer to Sale of the Century/ New Price is Right every year, and can't understand why we are against introducing such plasticity to a 100 plus comp like the SANFL.
So far as I see it, the AFL's goal is pure entertainment, but footy has always been much more than just that for me, and for most of my lifetime the SANFL has epitomized those greater values.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby the joker » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:56 pm

sjt wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Grahaml wrote:[quote="bloods08"]Re: Callinan (and apologies if it has been brought up before)

Do the crows (reserves) have to pay a transfer fee to Centrals for his services? Like other clubs do when players switch SANFL clubs.

If not, why not?

I hope they don't, it would be a farce if they did. Callinan has been a Crows player for a few years now. If it was someone on Centrals books that transferred, then yes there should be, but the Crows had the rights to him so to speak the moment they called his name in the draft.

For this same reason it's a farce that Norwood and West get to replace AFL listed players despite a trade ban.

SANFL clubs received transfer fees for players taken in the SANFL draft when they moved clubs, how is this any different? They are registered SANFL players transferring from a club to a different team (refuse to call the AFL sides clubs) so fees should apply in my book.

Both AFL sides should be handing over the standard AFL player fee for each player transferring to them in the SANFL.

wouldn't centrals have received money when nutter was drafted ??

Originally yes. More recently he was delisted (not drafted). He's no longer on the crows afl list. I don't believe they're getting a transfer fee even though he's gone from an sanfl club now to an sanfl participant.[/quote]he hasn't been a centrals player since October 2010. Why would they get a transfer fee
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
tigerhutch wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Aerie wrote:I'd rather see the extra money spent on interstate AFL memberships put back in to an SANFL club. At least an SA AFL club some of that money is retained in this state.

For example, 5500 SA based Bombers memberships going towards building a shiny new building at Windy Hill and a batch of the latest peptides, yippee. All so you can do a fist pump on the lounge and feel a part of it?

Perhaps if the interstate clubs put a percentage of members money from the state they receive towards grass roots footy in that state it might be of benefit? Or does that happen already? If so, I digress.

Of course people can do what they like with their own money, but I find it a shame that for most their AFL team that they once followed for the hell of it and secondary to their SANFL team has now become number 1 at the expense of their SANFL team. This is every bit a factor in belittling the SANFL as Crows Reserves sides are.

Sorry but disagree.
Have been an Essendon supporter since a kid and a member for over 20 years, I try to attend atleast 6-7 games in Melbourne every year when it doesnt clash with Norwood games or my local footy games. Norwood is still my number 1 love and I spend close to $1000 per year on club memberships and usually donate a decent ammount of money each year. Was never an option to swap allegiance from Essendon to the Cows when a Glenelg knob was named innaugral coach and brought in all his bum buddy mates from the Bay to fill the side.

so that decision worked out well for you .......................... :lol:

Have been lucky enough to see my team win 4 flags and participate in 7 grand finals since I started supporting them.
I think fans of most other clubs would take that.
At current rate though we wont play in another one in my lifetime :(

If you're happy to settle for mediocrity thats fine, I expect more from my club and have got it ;)
Hell we did that in a 7 year period
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:41 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
I've never understood the opposite as either a) people didn't follow the vfl and just jumped on board because a new team was nearby, these people I don't hold any respect for and they are nothing more than brain dead sheep
b) adults changed teams to support a new team, these people I don't respect as they have no loyalty
c) people never follow the game and jumped on board because of the hype, these cinema goers I can slightly understand, these people have no idea about the game and spend most of games booing the umpires
d) people who had family or friends playing for a new club, this minority have my respect
e) young kids made up their mind to follow a team using their own brainpower , these have my respect too.

That's a bit heavy. I mean it is just the AFL we are talking about, it's not the SANFL. It's a big glitzy TV thing and you can't go to anyone's house these days without it being on the box, so you pick a team.
SANFL on the other hand is a matter of blood, I could no more follow South than drain every last drop of blood from my body at Unley Oval then drive down to Noarlunga and refill with Panther red. It's hardwired in me. Whereas Carlton happened after, and around the te the Crows came in the Vics, for years, had been playing all sorts of tricks to get an SA side to join the VFL. my love of the SANFL was what made me (initially) follow a side which was (initially) filled with SANFL players, sticking it up the Vics at every opportunity.
For me the same thinking applies now, as it did then, the Vics screwed the SANFL around, hence I followed the Crows, now the Crows are screwing the SANFL around, I'm going to follow Carlton from now on.
My blood loyalty extends only so far as Sturt and our comp. The SANFL is like that for many people, just as the old VFL was for the Vics and WAFL was for the sandgropers. This AFL shit seems to include, new clubs, new rules, free give aways to even the comp up if your team happens to be shit, etc, etc, and the followers of these born yesterday clubs are blind to what I'm talking about. They can't see that what they follow is becoming closer to Sale of the Century/ New Price is Right every year, and can't understand why we are against introducing such plasticity to a 100 plus comp like the SANFL.
So far as I see it, the AFL's goal is pure entertainment, but footy has always been much more than just that for me, and for most of my lifetime the SANFL has epitomized those greater values.

Some of us can be supporters of clubs in both comps, and be able to separate the two. For me it was North first, Sydney second. Not anymore.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby tigerhutch » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:22 am

Why so many people so STUPID ? :lol:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Bit like Jim here, can't wait for the Crows game to let them know how viscerally hated they are.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:23 pm

I will never ever go to see a second rate AFL reserves side. I will ONLY attend games that involve SANFL CLUBS quite simple is it not !!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby SpionKopster » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:02 pm

I can't wait to give them a mouthful as well. Getting in early as nobody will be watching them in the second half of the year.
Fortis in Procella
SpionKopster
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:41 pm

SpionKopster wrote:I can't wait to give them a mouthful as well. Getting in early as nobody will be watching them in the second half of the year.

Exactly, after they cop some beltings early on in the season their front running supporters will stop rocking up like they do at AFL level.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby SimonH » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:59 pm

It's the other way around actually. They'll get some (relatively) good results at the start of the year when the AFL roster's injury list is relatively short. As the injury list grows later in the year (and the topups' limitations as SANFL league players are increasingly exposed), their performances will fall away in perfect symmetry with the interest of their fair-weather 'fans'.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby stan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:52 am

SimonH wrote:It's the other way around actually. They'll get some (relatively) good results at the start of the year when the AFL roster's injury list is relatively short. As the injury list grows later in the year (and the topups' limitations as SANFL league players are increasingly exposed), their performances will fall away in perfect symmetry with the interest of their fair-weather 'fans'.

Tend to agree. They'll be stronger at the start of the season. But at the end of the day its a long season and SANFL is not a rub in the tub comp and the circumstances they are coming in it is going to be some tough football. Players have been known to get injuired in the SANFL as well........
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 am

Dont forget as the season wears on those players "loaned" to them by SANFL clubs will probably become even less and less up to league standard.

For instance, Glenelg offer them a kid who is on the fringe of league selection. He plays 4/5 games with Adelaide and gets some confidence and form, Glenelg lose a couple of senior players to injury and they call him back. Adelaide then get a kid straight from Immanuel College who is fringe reserves/U18's.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:41 am

As long as it makes the AFC a stronger club overall...

Most other AFL clubs have their seconds team playing together, so it is great that SA is following suit.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:12 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:As long as it makes the AFC a stronger club overall...

Just so nobody misses it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:21 am

That was taken straight from the secret brief written by Triggy to his executive board members.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby RB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:53 am

Most other AFL clubs have their seconds team playing together, so it is great that SA is following suit.

I pity you.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 am

Well **** off and play against other seconds teams then.
The AFC is not a state team and deserve no more preferential treatment from the SANFL than any of the other 17 AFL clubs.
Anybody who can't see that has there eyes and ears painted on. **** morons
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am

It won't, itll just be an expensive exercise in getting rid of one more excuse as to why the Cows and Powder are crap.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:50 pm

You are so right Wedgie those parasites are not welcome and should not be in our competition as the Bulldog said to the Crow FAAARKK OFF !!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL