Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:41 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
bays09 wrote:Talia would be a certainty as the AA CHB if the team was chosen today.

Just read that the glove has had 1 goal kicked on him in the past 4 weeks. That's Lachy Henderson, Travis cloke, Tom lynch and some Melbourne player either Dawes pedo or frawls

Oh please. I assume so would Danger, Sloan, Eddie and Tex. A certainty is a little bit rich I would think. I have been to every Crows game and he has been consistent and honest but hardly a match winner. That post reeks of Crows bias. its not as if he breaks lines or sets the game alight. He just does a good job blanketing and the list you have mentioned apart from Cloke who was horribly out of form is hardly note worthy.

Ease up fella. None of the other players you mentioned would be in the AA team, so dumb analogy. I reckon talia is in the top 3 key defenders in the comp at the moment, hardly outrageous when considering his rivals for the spot aren't setting the world on fire either. Carlise, S Thompson, R Thompson, and Gibson haven't played enough footy down back this season, maybe H Taylor would be the only one at the moment rivaling him.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 pm

bays09 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
bays09 wrote:Talia would be a certainty as the AA CHB if the team was chosen today.

Just read that the glove has had 1 goal kicked on him in the past 4 weeks. That's Lachy Henderson, Travis cloke, Tom lynch and some Melbourne player either Dawes pedo or frawls

Oh please. I assume so would Danger, Sloan, Eddie and Tex. A certainty is a little bit rich I would think. I have been to every Crows game and he has been consistent and honest but hardly a match winner. That post reeks of Crows bias. its not as if he breaks lines or sets the game alight. He just does a good job blanketing and the list you have mentioned apart from Cloke who was horribly out of form is hardly note worthy.

Ease up fella. None of the other players you mentioned would be in the AA team, so dumb analogy. I reckon talia is in the top 3 key defenders in the comp at the moment, hardly outrageous when considering his rivals for the spot aren't setting the world on fire either. Carlise, S Thompson, R Thompson, and Gibson haven't played enough footy down back this season, maybe H Taylor would be the only one at the moment rivaling him.

Eric Mackenzie and Talia have been the standout defenders this year so far.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Chuck Wepner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Hefty wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Next 6 weeks will decide their fate, will need to win 3-4 or season over.
Freo (A) Loss
North (H) 50/50
Essendon (A) Win
Port (H) Loss
GWS (A) Win
Hawks (Aur) Loss
Could potentially only win 1 of them

Hawks game is at Adelaide Oval on a Friday nite - Win

No doubt :roll:
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:53 pm

helicopterking wrote:
bays09 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Eric Mackenzie and Talia have been the standout defenders this year so far.

Careful mentioning a player from your own team. They'll assume you think darling, cox and priddis should be in the team.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm

After reading this it got me thinking about key defenders and how many goals they've conceded this season, I remember reading an article about Alipate Carlile a month or so ago on how he'd blanketed his opponents with them hardly kicking any goals on him. I tried to search for some goals conceded statistics for the season so far but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know where I could find those stats or can someone post them?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 pm

i know these ratings arent the be all and end all, but here are the AFL player ratings for key defenders

player ratings.JPG
player ratings.JPG (120.21 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 pm

That list instantly lost credibility when I seen the name Chaplin on it!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 am

carey wrote:That list instantly lost credibility when I seen the name Chaplin on it!

that's not entirely true. Chaplin is a key defender...

he's the one who you want to have the ball in his hands coming out of defence and he's the one you want to exploit by using his direct opponent...

he is the key...

seriously though, this is why supercoach is better than NAB fantasy (dreamteam) because it takes into account effectiveness and impact
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:45 am

nah supercoach sucks because the scoring system isn't transparent.

afl fantasy system is much easier to understand and therefore much more accessible. plus i am currently 137th overall in AFL fantasy :D

draft leagues are where its at anyway :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:15 am

WTF.....Harry Taylor says hello! Doesn't impact the game enough, yes he stops his opponent from goal, but so does Taylor and look what he does around the ground.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby Stumps » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:41 am

Steven May got torn a new one by taylor walker on the weekend. not fit to shine talia's boots
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:49 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
carey wrote:That list instantly lost credibility when I seen the name Chaplin on it!

he's the one who you want to have the ball in his hands coming out of defence and he's the one you want to exploit by using his direct opponent...
he is the key...
seriously though, this is why supercoach is better than NAB fantasy (dreamteam) because it takes into account effectiveness and impact

You don't watch Chaplin enough then. His decision making is average and his disposal no better.

He is a capable "third man" up defender to impact upon a contest but he is one of the reasons Richmond are shite. They've banked on him being the corner stone of their defence and he isn't up to playing that role.

Like Carey notes, that table has zero credibility.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7484 times
Been liked: 10771 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

WTF.....Harry Taylor says hello! Doesn't impact the game enough, yes he stops his opponent from goal, but so does Taylor and look what he does around the ground.

Talia is ahead of Taylor in 2014 IMO. Taylor was average against Port and quite poor against Fremantle the following week. Taylor may still make the side on a flank or in a pocket but Talia would be, IMO, the CHB at this point.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7484 times
Been liked: 10771 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:29 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Taylor hasnt had as good a year as previous years. been monstered in a couple of games this year.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 am

Booney wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

he is the key...

You don't watch Chaplin enough then. His decision making is average and his disposal no better.

He is a capable "third man" up defender to impact upon a contest but he is one of the reasons Richmond are shite. They've banked on him being the corner stone of their defence and he isn't up to playing that role.

Like Carey notes, that table has zero credibility.

Slightly missed the point there Boon- Chaplin is the defender you want with ball in hand........if you're not a richmond fan ;)

Although from what I saw saturday night, Rance is fast becoming my favourite too :D
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby David Brent » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Talia is ahead of Taylor in 2014 IMO. Taylor was average against Port and quite poor against Fremantle the following week. Taylor may still make the side on a flank or in a pocket but Talia would be, IMO, the CHB at this point.

Johnson from Freo would be my pick so far.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 am

Booney wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Did you just praise a crows player. Hope your mates don't read this, you'll get shot.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:16 pm

bennymacca wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Taylor hasnt had as good a year as previous years. been monstered in a couple of games this year.

Sad to say but I agree with Benny on this one. I wouldn't say monstered but certainly he hasn't been as effective this season as in previous years. I thought he showed signs against Sydney but the ball was back there all friggin night.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:10 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Read my post properly FFS, I said talia is the standout this year except maybe Taylor. everyone loves having a cheap dig at a crows fan here.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:15 pm

bays09 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Took a gamble on bagging a crows fan without reading all the posts.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL