The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:OOPS hang on maybe I am confused its the VFL or the WAFL that they might be playing in.

Hang on have they got Reserves teams in their competitons.

Nah they have not.

Nah hang on they might have.

Shit I do not know do reserves team really exist ???????

Yes, both have AFL reserves sides playing in their state leagues. But apparently that's ok with Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton, Sydney etc supporters, so long as the Power & Crows don't do it then its all good.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:26 pm

kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:LOL so there will be no Power or Crow RESERVES playing in the SANFL this year.

Hey fellow posters there will be no Crows or Power Reserves teams playing in the SANFL in 2014 its just a figment of my imagination.

I was only talking about the power reserves. The crows have a completely different setup to what Port have. But i'm not surprised if you didn't know that, seeing as you can't do any research to back up anything you say. Or when you do it's something completely different to what your trying argue.

Now if you want to keep saying there is a power reserve side can you please post the fixture to which comp they are playing in. If not then I think it's time to start crying about the dogs losing Holden's money

Once again just because the SANFL side is called the magpies doesn't mean it's not the power reserves side.

That's like saying the AFL is not the rebranded VFL
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 pm

whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:LOL so there will be no Power or Crow RESERVES playing in the SANFL this year.

Hey fellow posters there will be no Crows or Power Reserves teams playing in the SANFL in 2014 its just a figment of my imagination.

I was only talking about the power reserves. The crows have a completely different setup to what Port have. But i'm not surprised if you didn't know that, seeing as you can't do any research to back up anything you say. Or when you do it's something completely different to what your trying argue.

Now if you want to keep saying there is a power reserve side can you please post the fixture to which comp they are playing in. If not then I think it's time to start crying about the dogs losing Holden's money

Once again just because the SANFL side is called the magpies doesn't mean it's not the power reserves side.

Does that mean they are both correct & we can move on from this? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
cracka
Veteran

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:32 pm

whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:

in your eyes it might but to the people that actually matter the supporters and members they are still the magpies. Doesn't really matter because you have already shown that your not a true supporter of your club
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Bloody hell Kickinit. I thought we could move on. Would you be happy agreeing you are both correct in some small way?
cracka
Veteran

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:41 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:

in your eyes it might but to the people that actually matter the supporters and members they are still the magpies. Doesn't really matter because you have already shown that your not a true supporter of your club

Doesn't Russell Ebert count he is another who has been quoted as saying he believes the Magpies are dead
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

I like Russell .
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 pm

whufc wrote:Doesn't Russell Ebert count he is another who has been quoted as saying he believes the Magpies are dead

have you actually got the article were he is quoted saying the magpies are dead?

or are you like that other muppet trying use this article as your evidence?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-28/p ... es/4917812
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:32 pm

If it helps I know a Magpies Magarey Medalist who went to a hell of a lot of Magpies games after retiring that told me he'd never be back and if he did go to a game again it would be to see West Adelaide. The only true loyal Port fans I know, some of who have posted on here who are disgusted at the demise of their great club hold much more credence than you or beeny ever would too. You were posting on other forums on safooty.net before you got an erection over your pathetic Power entering the SANFL at the expense of the only true Port Adelaide.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Sounds terminal ...

"Who's got the right to destroy all those years of history? And not only that but the connection that people have got with Port Adelaide and when you go to the country, it's about Port and Norwood and the clashes, the Glenelg clashes and the Sturt dynasties of the fifties and the sixties," he said.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Here here mon ami !!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:If it helps I know a Magpies Magarey Medalist who went to a hell of a lot of Magpies games after retiring that told me he'd never be back and if he did go to a game again it would be to see West Adelaide. The only true loyal Port fans I know, some of who have posted on here who are disgusted at the demise of their great club hold much more credence than you or beeny ever would too. You were posting on other forums on safooty.net before you got an erection over your pathetic Power entering the SANFL at the expense of the only true Port Adelaide.

Wedgie you keep telling yourself that. With all these people you know at port anyone would think you spent a lot of time there.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:32 pm

dedja wrote:Sounds terminal ...

"Who's got the right to destroy all those years of history? And not only that but the connection that people have got with Port Adelaide and when you go to the country, it's about Port and Norwood and the clashes, the Glenelg clashes and the Sturt dynasties of the fifties and the sixties," he said.

You might want to read the entire article. To help you out its in relation to when it looked like port would get rid off the magpies and only field 1 team in power colours like the crows. If he truly thought the magpies were dead then why would he still hold his position at the power.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:27 am

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:If it helps I know a Magpies Magarey Medalist who went to a hell of a lot of Magpies games after retiring that told me he'd never be back and if he did go to a game again it would be to see West Adelaide. The only true loyal Port fans I know, some of who have posted on here who are disgusted at the demise of their great club hold much more credence than you or beeny ever would too. You were posting on other forums on safooty.net before you got an erection over your pathetic Power entering the SANFL at the expense of the only true Port Adelaide.

Wedgie you keep telling yourself that. With all these people you know at port anyone would think you spent a lot of time there.

I do mate, I've got a lot of friends at all SANFL clubs. Its a comradrie, don't have to tell myself it, it just is mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Panther Pack » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 am

Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

So the question is which team will Jasper be playing in?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:18 am

Apachebulldog wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:where centrals a AFL reserves side last year? The only reason our AFL side is named the power is because collingwood are in the AFL, if there was no collingwood in the AFL and Port's AFL side was known as the magpies and wearing the prison bar guernsey would would you still be crying? The sooner you muppet's realise that our SANFL side is the Port Magpies the sooner the crying will stop on this forum. I'm sure you have broken a record or something with how long you have cried over this topic.

Even if this were the case, the Port Adelaide in the SANFL League competition would still be a reserves side.

You are wrong Pirate The Port Adelaide Football Club has TWO teams.

One team the Power will play with the big boys in the AFL the other Power Reserves team will play in in the SANFL.

They might be known as the Magpies locally however they still are the Power RESERVES a team where the majority of players are AFL players.[/quote]

Not sure what happened here, but I didn't write that. I wrote the reply in bold.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1205 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 am

Yeah Pirate spot on ok if the Port supporters do not like the word RESERVES then lets call them the Power SECONDS are you all happy with that.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 am

Panther Pack wrote:Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Panther Pack » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade

Exactly playing in reserves, seconds, b grade but not the league team!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Everyone knows that, what point are you making?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL