The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby heater31 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:50 am

Glenelg only got Hitchcock because Port didn't want him in the first place......

West Coast lad that attended Sacred Heart.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby beenreal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:51 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:The thread that keeps on giving!!!

Not sure if it is in the class of the "Running Sheet thread", "the Norwood, West Salary cap thread" any of the "Gowans' are thugs threads" (in particular the one after the 2007 GF) and the grand-daddy of this thread No AFL Reserves in the SANFL thread" but just when you think it is dead off it goes again.

Keep it up lads I'm sure you can keep the Mb flowing!!

Absolutely! I do feel as though we are closing in on a resolution though. ;)

You must be looking forward to your league side playing our reserves side mate. You blokes might be a chance. :D

Mebbe, not looking to Glenelg diehard players that we spent $$$$ developing ( Cornes, Logan, Hitchcock & Clurey 8) ) playing agaisnt us.

I mean they're OUR players, WE developed :evil: :evil:

That may be true, it may not. Bottom line though, who paid them?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby DOC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I think it was the money from the SANFL bailout....
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Gravel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:21 pm

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:The thread that keeps on giving!!!

Not sure if it is in the class of the "Running Sheet thread", "the Norwood, West Salary cap thread" any of the "Gowans' are thugs threads" (in particular the one after the 2007 GF) and the grand-daddy of this thread No AFL Reserves in the SANFL thread" but just when you think it is dead off it goes again.

Keep it up lads I'm sure you can keep the Mb flowing!!

Absolutely! I do feel as though we are closing in on a resolution though. ;)

You must be looking forward to your league side playing our reserves side mate. You blokes might be a chance. :D

Mebbe, not looking to Glenelg diehard players that we spent $$$$ developing ( Cornes, Logan, Hitchcock & Clurey 8) ) playing agaisnt us.

I mean they're OUR players, WE developed :evil: :evil:

Tom Clurey - grew up in Katamatite, Vic and was drafted by Port from the Murray Bushrangers in the 2012 National Draft. Played 1 season at Glenelg via the SANFL mini draft. I am not sure you can rightfully claim Glenelg have spent $$$ developing him, or that he is a Glenelg diehard?
Gravel
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Booney wrote:"Reserves" teams beating "league" teams in a "reserves" competition with 80% "league" teams.

You could have simply typed "the league is f***ed" to convey the exact same information with a fraction of the keystrokes.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby csbowes » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Today the Power played the Magpies...

... and the Magpies wore a Power guernsey.

End this thread, that says it all.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Been liked: 77 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 pm

csbowes wrote:Today the Power played the Magpies...

... and the Magpies wore a Power guernsey.

End this thread, that says it all.

I'm not sure how many straws you want to blindly clutch there. Every year for the last ten at least, one magpies team wore a power guernsey in the internal trial. It wasn't Power v Magpies today. Was just 44 PAFC players with one team designed to be strong, with all others on the white team
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby csbowes » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:04 pm

It was clearly reported as a Power v Magpies game and it was noted by the reporters the lack of Magpies guernsey.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Postby RustyCage » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:25 pm

csbowes wrote:It was clearly reported as a Power v Magpies game and it was noted by the reporters the lack of Magpies guernsey.

No. No it wasn't. Was always a combined internal trial. Anyone reporting it as anything different should do their research or stop making up crap.

If the reporters had any credibility they'd have known that both the Power black guernsey and the Magpies guernsey are still being manufactured. They were either not there today, or ignored the few times that it was mentioned over the loud speakers.
RustyCage

Postby cracka » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:13 pm

RustyCage wrote:
csbowes wrote:It was clearly reported as a Power v Magpies game and it was noted by the reporters the lack of Magpies guernsey.

No. No it wasn't. Was always a combined internal trial. Anyone reporting it as anything different should do their research or stop making up crap.

If the reporters had any credibility they'd have known that both the Power black guernsey and the Magpies guernsey are still being manufactured. They were either not there today, or ignored the few times that it was mentioned over the loud speakers.

What. South Australians who are not power or crows supporters making up crap, surely not.
Last edited by cracka on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby kickinit » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:53 pm

If it was clearly reported as that, then go a head post the evidence up for us. I think you'll find it a bit hard to beat the below link though.

With the first opportunity to see the club in action in 2014, supporters will not want to miss the chance to see Port Adelaide’s combined Power and Magpies internal trial, with players on the field from 4:30pm.

The teams will involve a mix of players from the club’s AFL and SANFL lists wearing either the black home or white clash Power guernsey, due to the club’s traditional SANFL prison bar guernsey for the 2014 season still being in production externally.

But the likes of Magpie senior-listers Steve Summerton and Aseri Raikiwasa will still be on the field during the day.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... february-8
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby csbowes » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Channel 7 news reported it differently. Go ask Soders...

However, what you have provided seems more authorative and I'm happy to concede that... at the same time, it just shows how this team is going to be reported on by mainstream media.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Postby StrayDog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:09 am

RustyCage wrote:

Fair points.

csbowes wrote:Channel 7 news reported it differently. Go ask Soders...

However, what you have provided seems more authorative and I'm happy to concede that... at the same time, it just shows how this team is going to be reported on by mainstream media.

Agreed.

cracka wrote:What. South Australians who are not power or crows supporters making up crap, surely not.

Yeah, it's really like they've held the rights to it on all this shite. :lol:

Sheesh.
StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:27 am

What about we name them Power reserves side the POWGIES !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Macca19 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:30 am

The magpies guernseys didnt arrive from the manufacturer in time, hence why the magpies were in a different guernsey
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 pm

The real point was Peter Rohde referring to it as an internal trial with 'some Magpies top up players playing'.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 pm

topsywaldron wrote:The real point was Peter Rohde referring to it as an internal trial with 'some Magpies top up players playing'.

Having spoke to some Power coaching staff members they definatly view the magpies as nothing more than their ressies side
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Of course that's the case, only the most deluded Port supporter would take issue with the notion that the Magpies don't exist any more.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby RustyCage » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:25 pm

cracka wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

What. South Australians who are not power or crows supporters making up crap, surely not.

I'm not talking about anyone on here, I'm talking about whatever reporter said it was to be a power v magpies trial game.
RustyCage

Postby RustyCage » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:37 pm

csbowes wrote:Channel 7 news reported it differently. Go ask Soders...p

I'm not having a go at you at all here, just the way the media like to fill in gaps in their research by saying things that are not far from the mark, but far enough to give the wrong impression
RustyCage

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL