Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
beenreal wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
beenreal wrote:
Might have thought you of all people might be above that NIMBY cr@p PH. Guess you're in with the sheep.

Im prepared to call you Port Magpies if you are prepared to play within our salary cap, until then you ARE Port Power Reserves

I'm really looking forward to hearing plenty of that sort of talk at the Parade in Round 1. Give me as many opportunities to remind you and yours that my club has a team playing in the National competition, while yours never will.

Thats fine Beeny, I am also a Essendon member of 30+ years so let me know when your club wins more than 1 flag in our comp.
Im glad Norwood isnt in the AFL, would of been a tough decision of who to support

Your club has only won 1 premiership since Port entered the AFL Jim. Not something you should hanging shit on others about. Port haven't damaged the reputation of the AFL either.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
beenreal wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="beenreal"]

Might have thought you of all people might be above that NIMBY cr@p PH. Guess you're in with the sheep.

Im prepared to call you Port Magpies if you are prepared to play within our salary cap, until then you ARE Port Power Reserves

I'm really looking forward to hearing plenty of that sort of talk at the Parade in Round 1. Give me as many opportunities to remind you and yours that my club has a team playing in the National competition, while yours never will.

Thats fine Beeny, I am also a Essendon member of 30+ years so let me know when your club wins more than 1 flag in our comp.
Im glad Norwood isnt in the AFL, would of been a tough decision of who to support

Your club has only won 1 premiership since Port entered the AFL Jim. Not something you should hanging shit on others about. Port haven't damaged the reputation of the AFL either.[/quote]

Coming from the biggest salary cap cheats of all time I take that as a compliment
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jars458 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:40 pm

I am an Eagles and Crows member and was glad to see the Eagles win. Having said that, some of the comments from the Eagles supporters were a little over the top for a trial game I would have thought. Wundke played well but looks a bit overweight.
Jars458
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Reddeer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Jars458 wrote:I am an Eagles and Crows member and was glad to see the Eagles win. Having said that, some of the comments from the Eagles supporters were a little over the top for a trial game I would have thought. Wundke played well but looks a bit overweight.

Im an Eagles member and used to support the Crows. I hope the Eagles can repeat when it matters. The Crows should not be in this comp.
Also if Wunke plays well I could care less if he is 20 stone over weight, more weight to throw around!!!!
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:42 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Your club has only won 1 premiership since Port entered the AFL Jim. Not something you should hanging shit on others about.

Can I put shit on them then? :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 pm

So can I. ;)
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Your club has only won 1 premiership since Port entered the AFL Jim. Not something you should hanging shit on others about.

Given they've got more than one, Crows supporters can too???
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Jars458 wrote:I am an Eagles and Crows member and was glad to see the Eagles win. Having said that, some of the comments from the Eagles supporters were a little over the top for a trial game I would have thought. Wundke played well but looks a bit overweight.

I think we are entitled to yell stuff out and yes some was over the top and some was down right FUNNY!!
Crows wanted into the SANFL EAGLES fans are light weight(no pun intended) compared to many other SANFL fans !!
Some of these CROWS fans may never have been to certain ovals they will have their eyes opened to the real world .or in other worlds two supporter groups instead of just crows fans !!
And if I offended you yelling at a certain FORMER EAGLE I'm sorry they aren't Eagles players any longer !!

Wundke did appear a bit overweight
Good thing about the Eagles forward line if wundke doesn't fire theres Ainger if Ainger doesn't fire there's Grocke !! Plus Goldsworthy Macgregor and Boyd and Poole !!
And Boyd added pace to the Eagles midfield fancy that pace in the midfield
And no AFL players meant players like Appleton got a run and didn't he play well

Crows fans I'd be worried if Jacobs goes down Graham was beaten by Broholm Grocke and Huppatz . Jenkins missed 3 shots on goals from 15 to 20 meteres out including out on the full from straight in front !! he did kick one from about 50

And ill repeat players who train most of the week beaten by semi pros love it !!
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Reddeer wrote:

Im an Eagles member and used to support the Crows. I hope the Eagles can repeat when it matters. The Crows should not be in this comp.
Also if Wunke plays well I could care less if he is 20 stone over weight, more weight to throw around!!!!

I hope to see you at the games redder again this year !!

AS I posted above if Wundke doesn't fire Ainger steps up or Grocke does

Something Eagles haven't had either for a long while or ever
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 pm

am Bays wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Given they've got more than one, Crows supporters can too???

Nope. One thing we can all agree upon is Crow supporters should stfu. ;)
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby PhilH » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:20 pm

I think the way this has all happened there will be a lot of SANFL people

1) barracking for their SANFL team first and foremost
and then
2) barracking for the SANFL club playing the Crows.

Today's Sunday Mail coverage, or lack of it re the other side the Crows played, would not help.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:41 pm

PhilH wrote:I think the way this has all happened there will be a lot of SANFL people

1) barracking for their SANFL team first and foremost
and then
2) barracking for the SANFL club playing the Crows.

Today's Sunday Mail coverage, or lack of it re the other side the Crows played, would not help.

Key word, BARRACKING. Not supporting.

Couple of other scenarios are

3) not supporting their club anymore

4) not following the SANFL anymore
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Best post out if your 6000+ Micky, you have my respect. Let's make the SANFL as hostile for the Crows players and fans as we can and teach them a lesson on real footy clubs and supporters. **** the Crows!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:Best post out if your 6000+ Micky, you have my respect. Let's make the SANFL as hostile for the Crows players and fans as we can and teach them a lesson on real footy clubs and supporters. **** the Crows!

Thanks Wedgie !!
Was so much fun as well !!
Can not for the life of me see 4000 crows fans watching the crap they put on display Saturday !!
And the SANFL fans will eat the Crows fans alive ...............Guess that's why we are nicked named crow eaters in this state !!!
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm

And there I was thinking you were a Crows fan Micky .. Not the case obviously?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Mickyj » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:33 pm

JK wrote:And there I was thinking you were a Crows fan Micky .. Not the case obviously?

AFL Crows
SANFL Eagles

Eagles over every other team in the world lmao !!!
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby eaglesfan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Ridiculous commentary by the Sunday Mail. Were the Eagles even playing against the Crows Reserves? - they were certainly hardly mentioned...
eaglesfan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby kickinit » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Why would any long time SANFL club supporter with any sense go and waste their time and watch a AFL team play.

There seems to be a lot of blind mullets out their.

Why because they are a true supporter and will go and watch their team play no matter who they played. You telling me that you won't go and support centrals in a grand final if they where playing against the crows or the MAGPIES. You might not supporter the decision of the sanfl clubs, but if you are a true supporter then you would support your club not matter who they where playing.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby southee » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:28 pm

eaglesfan wrote:Ridiculous commentary by the Sunday Mail. Were the Eagles even playing against the Crows Reserves? - they were certainly hardly mentioned...

Good to see South v Sturt game reported in the Sunday Mail !!!

Not one word .... Worrying signs already !!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Why would any long time SANFL club supporter with any sense go and waste their time and watch a AFL team play.

There seems to be a lot of blind mullets out their.

Why because they are a true supporter and will go and watch their team play no matter who they played. You telling me that you won't go and support centrals in a grand final if they where playing against the crows or the MAGPIES. You might not supporter the decision of the sanfl clubs, but if you are a true supporter then you would support your club not matter who they where playing.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL