Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Postby teaoby » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Is something not better then nothing?
besides the online weekly wrap last year the SANFL has had 0 television coverage for years!

for blokes who keep saying "I dont care" or "I wont play any more" you all seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on here talking about it!
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Zero television coverage? ABC might argue that.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby teaoby » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:47 pm

I mean further to the actual game day coverage.
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Having to wade through 25 mins on such interesting segments on how loudly Crow players fart to see 2 mins of coverage is akin to zero coverage, worse maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby twosheds » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:31 pm

beenreal wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Nine just did live election coverage from Adelaide. Good enough for that, the local studio's good enough for a local footy show. Is there no SA talent to host rather than Hutchy?

Given Nine are the sponsors of SAAFL, I'd be hopeful there's a bit more than scores on there.

Croc media is Hutchy's company.

Is there no end to the lengths you lot will complain?
Between Channels 9 and 7, the SANFL hasn't had such a level of mainstream media coverage in decades. And yet you all seem to carry on like you want it kept a big secret.

So its his company, woop de doo. Ever watched Footy Classified ? If we are going to get that sort of performance from the bottom feeding ambulance chaser I reckon there isn't any end to the lengths "us lot" will go to complain. He is an embarrassment to himself , has no insight into how he is perceived , he actually seems to think people lend weight to his opinion. As for his nauseating "banter" with Rucci on Radio Saturday mornings I suppose this show will be more of the same. He should stay behind the scenes -cringeworthy
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:09 pm

twosheds wrote: So its his company, woop de doo. Ever watched Footy Classified ? If we are going to get that sort of performance from the bottom feeding ambulance chaser I reckon there isn't any end to the lengths "us lot" will go to complain. He is an embarrassment to himself , has no insight into how he is perceived , he actually seems to think people lend weight to his opinion. As for his nauseating "banter" with Rucci on Radio Saturday mornings I suppose this show will be more of the same. He should stay behind the scenes -cringeworthy

That's an excellent, and fully justifiable, rant.

You could have chucked in oxygen thief as well, it's a phrase not solely reserved for John Butcher despite appearances to the contrary.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Is there a fair few people that are frustrated by the fact that everything the SANFL now does and everything that is spoken of the SANFL in the media etc comes from an AFL perspective.

I truly believe that the SANFL competition has missed a trick and in less than 10 years will be no more than an under 23 feeder comp for the AFL.

Imho the SANFL should have been looking to set itself up as the alternative to the AFL rather than AFL's puppet reserve league. We were never going to compete against the AFL but I do believe there was enough support out there for the SANFL to flourish in its own right much like the Triple J's, Fresh FM of this world do against the commercial radio stations.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Its called the AFLISATION of all state leagues this started about 25 odd years ago and in a few years time the takeover will be complete !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Tech1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 pm

whufc wrote:Is there a fair few people that are frustrated by the fact that everything the SANFL now does and everything that is spoken of the SANFL in the media etc comes from an AFL perspective.

I truly believe that the SANFL competition has missed a trick and in less than 10 years will be no more than an under 23 feeder comp for the AFL.

Imho the SANFL should have been looking to set itself up as the alternative to the AFL rather than AFL's puppet reserve league. We were never going to compete against the AFL but I do believe there was enough support out there for the SANFL to flourish in its own right much like the Triple J's, Fresh FM of this world do against the commercial radio stations.

Spot on, there was room for the league to stand on it's own, i always thought it just needed some serious funding and we could have something similar to a following like the American college teams. It still has a good following but imagine if we had an extra $14 million dollars (hello power) spread between the 8 clubs to get each oval facilities improved for fans and players, we could have some really good 10-12,000 + venues. The media attention is nice though, if it is done correctly we can use this to reach more people, every club (8) has a huge responsibility in the next 2-3 years to attract these new fans and keep there old fans and not lose them to the new afl clowns or to other sports like soccer.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:27 pm

That's what worries me the most, the majority of south australian kids would support either the crows or power.

How the hell is any SANFL club going to attract these kids to follow them in the SANFL against the afl team they support (which im still yet to hear any pro afl reserves people give an answer to) They can have all the money they like but without future supporters the clubs will become very lonely places.

Instead of fighting for our lives and maybe prevailing i fear 6 of the sanfl clubs have sentenced us to a slow painful death.
whufc
Coach

Postby prowling panther » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:49 pm

I will give this footy show 3 weeks, if I cannot see it improving then I wont bother watching it.

I agree, quite a lot of true footy followers will be going to watch their beloved teams when it is shown on air. It could possibly be a rating flop and be given the big A by the producers.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:24 pm

10min to go, far from impressed at the moment.. Very sloppy - footage and clips don't line up with what they are talking about.

Also on time I've heard amateurs or SANFL was at the intro when the said everything SA footy.

Rucci's Rant was terrible, he sounds terrible and just talks crap, wasted 90 seconds of my life..

Last 10min better produce something otherwise I won't tune in again
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:48 pm

So we heard about all the new publicity that the SANFL clubs would get having the AFL reserves in the comp and so far we are looking at breaking even at best.

TV- we got on commercial tv but have to pay a heft amount of money to do so. Love the adverts 7mate are running and the fact they are showing a Thursday night game is great BUT its only 1 button on the remote difference im still not sold over the whole season we will see much difference. After all people who really wanted to see the SANFL should know how to press number 2 on their remote.

PRINT- well we pretty much dont get anything now, we are merely the AFL reserves 'opposition' massive loss there/

RADIO- i dont listen to the radio so no idea.
whufc
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:53 pm

They managed to spend exactly 6.25 seconds on the 66 SAAFL clubs. :roll: that will be tough to follow next week :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 am

Bit hard to talk about stuff when the season hasn't started, regarding SANFL and SAAFL. And, to be fair, there was a segment on Michael Aish, an SA legend.
I'll wait and see.

I now understand why it's done in Melbourne - so that Hutchy can hop from one set to the other. Makes sense.

I wouldn't watch it every week. However, if it's on and I've got nothin' doin', like yesterday, I'll sit and watch.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:59 am

Wasn't a great time for its debut up against live basketball, live rugby league, live soccer and live football. V8s might have been on too.
Couldn't have been on at a worse time for a sports lover.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby beenreal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 am

Wedgie wrote:Wasn't a great time for its debut up against live basketball, live rugby league, live soccer and live football. V8s might have been on too.
Couldn't have been on at a worse time for a sports lover.

It's obviously piggy-backing on the very popular Sunday Footy Show. Good to see the segment on Michael Aish.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:12 am

A bad time if you have pay tv - footy, rugby soccer.
V8s were on later, I think. I got grumped at by a bloke in the pub when I asked them to change the channel from Seinfeld to the soccer. "Not when the V8s are coming on, mate," he farted into his beer.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 am

Dogwatcher wrote:A bad time if you have pay tv - footy, rugby soccer.
V8s were on later, I think. I got grumped at by a bloke in the pub when I asked them to change the channel from Seinfeld to the soccer. "Now when the V8s are coming on, mate," he farted into his beer.

I didn't notice any rugby, only rugby league, the Bunnies got smashed by the Raiders.
36ers v Melbourne Tigers semi final was on Channel 10.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am

rugby, rugby league. whatever ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL