AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

Postby Groover » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Earns every $ imo, too many coaches these days cant handle the pressure and struggle to even make it to the end of their contract!
At least malthouse and roos will stick it out and slowly build a list up to the standard needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Groover wrote:Earns every $ imo, too many coaches these days cant handle the pressure and struggle to even make it to the end of their contract!
At least malthouse and roos will stick it out and slowly build a list up to the standard needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeh... by ignoring the fact we need talls and getting his buddies, like Daisy (who we do NOT need)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Daisy is a flash in the pan player. Not what the blues need. They have enough frontrunners.

Might be some big news on Monday
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Not sure Malthouse is the answer, wont be there for your next premiership so move him on now. Your killing the clubs future by being greedy now
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:Daisy is a flash in the pan player. Not what the blues need. They have enough frontrunners.

Phtt, yeh right.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Ess 21.12
Car 8.9
Good old fashion belting.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3555 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Ted E Bear » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Ted E Bear wrote:Daisy is a flash in the pan player. Not what the blues need. They have enough frontrunners.

Phtt, yeh right.

How long do you keep accepting performances like that ?

Mediocracy must be accepted at your club
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Phtt, yeh right.

Heheeh, you obviously know nothing about our situation.

No, I personally don't like accepting mediocrity. But I also realise that sacking coaches doesn't get anyone anywhere in the long term.

Two years ago we signed Malthouse to a squillion dollar contract after paying out our exiting coach for another year after he left. ie, it's cost us millions to move Malthouse IN and Ratten OUT of the club. The last thing we'll do is move him on. As I keep saying, we put all our eggs in one basket when we brought Malthouse in. We're stuck with him now whether we like it or not.

Mind you, Mathieson, our powerbroker would be our only hope. If he's willing to cough up four mill, then we can move the old codger out. Question would be who to bring in?

We're talking hypotheticals, I can't see it happening. I wish for it to happen, but it's not my birthday, nor April's fools, so I'll have to sit back and watch the carnage unfold before my very eyes.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Ted E Bear » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Might not be hypothetical tomorrow. But you have Melbourne next week so Mick will get that elusive win and be 'back in town' and rejuvenated. Certainly if he were to lose that game he is GONZA BONZA

I would look at Gary Ayres coaching your club. He would be the perfect fit.
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:Might not be hypothetical tomorrow. But you have Melbourne next week so Mick will get that elusive win and be 'back in town' and rejuvenated. Certainly if he were to lose that game he is GONZA BONZA

I would look at Gary Ayres coaching your club. He would be the perfect fit.

If we win, the heat will be off, which will sh1t me greatly!

Nup, I want someone young! No offence but going for Malthouse when EVERY other club has gone for youth is just plain silly.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Jase » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:31 pm

John worsfold...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1487 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby GWW » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:32 pm

There's more chance of Pseudo supporting the Crows, than there is of Malthouse being sacked this year.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 pm

David King would be good for you
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Phtt, yeh right.

And who is your high and almighty club teddy?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby GWW » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 pm

I suspect that Teddy supports Richmond.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:58 pm

GWW wrote:I suspect that Teddy supports Richmond.

Speaking about shite clubs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3555 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Q. » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:11 pm

I wonder if the same people bagging Carlton for recruiting Malthouse also bagged Collingwood for dumping him?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:
GWW wrote:I suspect that Teddy supports Richmond.

Speaking about shite clubs

That would make sense, it would be the only club I would be embarrassed enough to support to hide it from the world
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:29 am

Suri wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Suri wrote:You're having a laugh aren't you PG.

Hawthorn vs. Fremantle (MCG) - If Fyfe and Barlow were playing I'd pick Freo. Could be looking at the GF sides for 2014.

Saturday, April 5
Western Bulldogs vs. Richmond (ES) - should be good enough against an improving Bulldogs sideRichmond are great for losing games they should win, and the Bulldogs are as you said an improving side
Adelaide Crows vs. Sydney Swans (AO) - Crows not without a chance but Sydney wont lose 3 in a row. Swans are hardly setting the world alight, the Crows have shown in patches they can play good footy.. anythings possible
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Brisbane Lions (MS) (T) - Suns should be right in the mix for finals this season
Collingwood vs. Geelong Cats (MCG) (N) - Geelong still looking like a team that will play finals Hmm i'm not sold on the Cats.. prob play finals but a shadow of their former self
West Coast Eagles vs. St Kilda (PS) (N) - Only game I am using home ground advantage to pick my winner

Sunday, April 6
GWS GIANTS vs. Melbourne (GS) - With or without Roos, Melbourne are a shambles of a team
North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide (ES) (T) - Port will smash the RoosRoos are Ports bogey side, can play very good footy when they are on.. if they dont win they'll lost by best part of 7 goals..
Essendon vs. Carlton (MCG) (N) - Carlton just arent good enough

If all the home sides win I'll drop a carton of Coopers Pale off to you at Ingle Farm

Well I was close haha! Collingwood had their chance to win, and Crows were competitive for a period.. Could've easily been enjoying a carton haha
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:30 am

From round 3 :

Hawthorn the stand out for 2014 already, with Geelong looking the likely challenger. Fremantle and Sydney, the much hyped other "top 4" candidates look out of sorts and need to string a few wins together now to start looking like top 4 sides. Early days, but any more than 4 losses typically means no top 4, this year might be different though. I expect both to start to bounce back, they need to.

GWS and GC have taken quick steps in their development this year. I think GC are a team who can push for the 8 this year and GWS with their additions this summer ( Mumford and Shaw especially ) have got themselves out of "easy beat" territory.

Paul Roos looks like a man defeated. I predict he won't coach Melbourne in 2015. By all reports he blew up after the West Coast game to the point of an assistant stepping in and saying ( along the lines of ) "enough is enough" and then the way he went burko at Terlich on Sunday and again after the game, I've got a feeling he didn't think it was going to be quite this hard. Clearly the loss of several key big men hasn't helped, but he looks rattled, and Roos never looks rattled.

Richmond continue to pretend, really, who would want to support Richmond? Jack Reiwoldt is an A grade flog too. One touch in a half, then kicks one and runs around like he has pulled the team from the jaws of defeat all on this own. He looks like a player who has some serious challenges in front of him at Richmond, or perhaps somewhere else?

Carlton much the same, they have a looooong season ahead.

Adelaide look shot. Dangerfield is trying to do too much and in the end doing very little, Jenkins/McKernan are no chop and by the time Lynch and Walker get back and up and running it will be too late for Adelaide's season. St.Kilda, GWS, Bulldogs and Melbourne in the next 4 weeks. If one Crow fan tells me they've got a tough draw. Go one, tell me. Sloane is an outstanding player and leader but, like Dangerfield, too much is left to him. Sure injuries are playing a major part in their fortunes but three weeks in a row they have capitulated after half time and look like a rabble.

Port looked slow at times against the 'Roos yesterday, well played North. Polec and Boak were the target of early attention, they had 17 first quarter touches against Adelaide to set up the early lead, 9 yesterday. Port once again got out of the blocks but North fought back well to take the most slender of leads into half time. From there, Monfries looked like he was shot, Westhoff was kept quiet and Norths midfield took over.

Boomer Harvey, one of those players you acknowledge as brilliant, but I don't have to like him. I can't ******* stand him, he does it to us every time. Why? Our two best taggers for the last 8 years, Cornes and Cassisi, have never had the explosive pace to cover him. Richmond recruit Matt White did a solid job on him yesterday, but on the 3 occasions he got away from him, he kicked 3 goals.

Ports 4 posters for the day didn't help the scoreboard pressure or confidence and a week back home against Brisbane is just the medicine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7517 times
Been liked: 10811 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL