How did the power's c grade go?
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Postby Legs Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 am

Good first up win by The Legs against questionable opposition.

Must admit I was expecting a better display by Port - but i suppose a Reserves side against a League side is going to gain the result shown.

Shouldn't Port be playing in the reserves comp?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:41 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:How did the power's c grade go?

Beat Norwoods B grade 14.8 92 to 9.12 66.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tkr » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 am

Ted E Bear wrote:I thought the umps let it go to much, so many ballups. So many tackles and no holding the ball. It wasted so much time. Hence the low score

They must be AFL reserves umpires then, following orders from the AFL umpire coach!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 am

kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Port Magpies players are playing in a team they dont want to be in but also cant get dropped from!

and how do you know this?

If I need to spell it out to you, they want to be in the AFL side, but also cannot/will not be dropped to the reserves, unlike previously in the SANFL, so you have to wonder what their mindset.

In the other hand they were playing against players last night that have busted their gut all their life to make SANFL level. It was interesting to watch the different body language and team play of both sides, vastly different.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Macca19 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 am

Players will be dropped.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Port Magpies players are playing in a team they dont want to be in but also cant get dropped from!

and how do you know this?

If I need to spell it out to you, they want to be in the AFL side, but also cannot/will not be dropped to the reserves, unlike previously in the SANFL, so you have to wonder what their mindset.

In the other hand they were playing against players last night that have busted their gut all their life to make SANFL level. It was interesting to watch the different body language and team play of both sides, vastly different.

Round 1. See what happens as the season unfolds, or shall we assume 2 hours of footy is a sound gauge for the rest of the year?

We'll assume I'd imagine, whinge a bit, grizzle and whinge some more.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:55 am

Macca19 wrote:Players will be dropped.

Exactly why Port wanted to maintain our 18's, reserves and SANFL league structure to avoid the "gifting" of games. I guess we work to the system the other clubs want us to and we end up with no SANFL reserves to work the players through.

That's the system they wanted, they've got it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Macca19 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:59 am

Ted E Bear wrote:I would say Port will delist a lot of players that played tonight. They were awful and shown up big time. Who seriously could hold their head up that was on the Power list tonight? Name them

Young was excellent and will get a well deserved call up in the next couple of weeks I imagine. Harvey and Byrne-Jones for debutants showed a lot of promise. Logan and Stewart were good enough. Mitchell was good inside but lacked outside run. That would be it. O'Shea is injured and shouldnt be playing, Colqhoun was poor, Neade disappointing, Amon lacked consistency of effort, AhChee wont be on the list next year and Renouf is the ruck equivalent of a NFL punter.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby JK » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 am

Macca19 wrote:
Ted E Bear wrote:I would say Port will delist a lot of players that played tonight. They were awful and shown up big time. Who seriously could hold their head up that was on the Power list tonight? Name them

Young was excellent and will get a well deserved call up in the next couple of weeks I imagine. Harvey and Byrne-Jones for debutants showed a lot of promise. Logan and Stewart were good enough. Mitchell was good inside but lacked outside run. That would be it. O'Shea is injured and shouldnt be playing, Colqhoun was poor, Neade disappointing, Amon lacked consistency of effort, AhChee wont be on the list next year and Renouf is the ruck equivalent of a NFL punter.

Its also only one game of football, far too soon to be judging who survives the cut. I still think whilst relatively healthy, Port will win most of their games. Do you have any other forwards to come in? Because there doesnt seem to be a lot of cover for Schultz or Butcher otherwise.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 am

Booney wrote:

Exactly why Port wanted to maintain our 18's, reserves and SANFL league structure to avoid the "gifting" of games. I guess we work to the system the other clubs want us to and we end up with no SANFL reserves to work the players through.

Nothing to do with developing fringe players with a view to drafting them of course.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:06 am

If that Ranga up forward for Port had of kicked straight and not out of bounds on the full twice. Then the score couldve been a lot different. Took a good one hander. But cant kick for shite.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby LPH » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:06 am

Admittedly I watched the game on TV & that can jade one's perception of the game but...

From what I saw, Port didn't appear to have much cohesion in terms of ball movement - particularly from defence.

I like the look of Murphy (17) from Norwood, looks a real 'goer' - tackles very well & has pace too.
Am I right that his old man was @ Sydney during the '80s - no. 35?
Don't think he will be at Norwood too long, when does he turn 18 & eligible for the Draft?

Have to agree somewhat with Dutchy though, I reckon there would be an element of truth in the fact that not being under pressure to perform for one's spot in the team, means that an element of doubt or reluctance to be 100% committed (at times) to a contest, could creep in to a player's mindset, couldn't it?

Must say the commentary was ordinary - as was the audio of the Producer telling them they would be going to Ad Breaks @ the next goal.
On that; Was the umpire confused a couple of times, looking for the 'light' to alert him that the TV had returned from the break & he could restart the game?

Excellent Crowd too for a Thursday Night - but was it a small Port contingent?
Appeared heaps of Norwood but no that much Port?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby RB » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:10 am

Did the Power promise 4k/game or was that just the Crows? From what I hear there were slightly more than 2k Norwood fans.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:14 am

RB wrote:Did the Power promise 4k/game or was that just the Crows? From what I hear there were slightly more than 2k Norwood fans.

How dare you hold people to account for broken promises, half truths and flat out lies.

Roll over and celebrate the #newera like all true fans of South Australian football.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:16 am

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:

Nothing to do with developing fringe players with a view to drafting them of course.

Yes, we'd cunningly hide them from the view of all the other AFL clubs by playing them at SANFL reserves level, maybe hide them in the league side. Nobody would ever have seen them..... :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Legs Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:19 am

Wonder who KT was barracking for last night?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Booney » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:22 am

LEH wrote:Have to agree somewhat with Dutchy though, I reckon there would be an element of truth in the fact that not being under pressure to perform for one's spot in the team, means that an element of doubt or reluctance to be 100% committed (at times) to a contest, could creep in to a player's mindset, couldn't it?

Let's assume ( as everyone is ) the only thing on a Magpie players mind is getting picked at AFL level, do you think going in half arsed is going to do his cause any good? Of course not.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:23 am

Legs Man wrote:Wonder who KT was barracking for last night?

Or Richard Kelly who after being on the Norwood board that changed their vote to yes promptly took up a role with Power.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:35 am

cennals05 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Wonder who KT was barracking for last night?

Or Richard Kelly who after being on the Norwood board that changed their vote to yes promptly took up a role with Power.

He was very involved in changing our vote to yes then accepted a job offer at a club who benefited from the changed vote.

Not that I'm insinuating anything of course.

topsywaldron
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL