The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Rising Power » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:53 pm

topsywaldron wrote:SANFL clubs never voted on the rules regarding Port's team, they were presented as a fair accompli by the completely excellent Commission after the yes vote to admit the Crowtards.

The Magpies model was voted in favour 7-1.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ies-update

Edit: The SANFL statement:
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

Note the sentence "These terms and conditions were approved by the League Directors at a meeting on August 5."
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Rising Power wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:SANFL clubs never voted on the rules regarding Port's team, they were presented as a fair accompli by the completely excellent Commission after the yes vote to admit the Crowtards.

The Magpies model was voted in favour 7-1.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ies-update

Edit: The SANFL statement:
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

Note the sentence "These terms and conditions were approved by the League Directors at a meeting on August 5."

All good facts....but it's our fault his club voted for it. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Rising Power wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Actually the main gist of the post was about Keith Thomas saying that Port didn't want any advantage in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements. That being said, he's not doing anything about stopping these advantages is he. If Port truly didn't want these advantages they'd keep Magpies as a true SANFL team and put their AFL reserves elsewhere. But no, they chose to start doing this a few years ago by default. And again, what was promised in the One Club proposal???? "Port Magpies will never be Power reserves"....hmmmm.
I'm just pointing out what your CEO is putting forward in the media and the hypocritical claptrap that it is.
If we're going to follow your way of thinking shall we discuss the stadium deal at Footy Park? That's what Port agreed to so stop complaining. But no, it was everyone else's fault. Or shall we use the scenario of Port Magpies being a separate entity to Power? That's what you signed up to yet again who did you blame for it??? Let me guess. Everybody else?
Get my point?
Once again we have Port supporters willing to tar everybody else with blame when it suits you yet none of it falls back on you when it's your club that's pushed for unfair advantages.
I'd suggest you should comaining to your CEO if you don't like the message he puts out in public.

I don't think this was ever stated. It wasn't proposed as part of the merger, that's as far as it went from what I remember. Everyone knew the Crows were going to be the ones to push the reserves issue eventually.

CUTTERMAN wrote:While we're at it. Weren't Port trying to change the rules so they could keep Sommerton as the 28yo mature player on the Magpies list? So tell me again, who's trying to get the advantages.

They didn't try, they did. Port also got an exemption to sign Jake Johansen as a 17 year old.

Edit: And Henry Slattery was signed as the 28 year old leadership player. The age cap was lifted by the SANFL.

The compromise was that the salary cap for the top up players be reduced.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/page_95/1390/
These are the terms of the One Club proposal.
It states very clearly that the Magpies will never be a Power reserves team.
Lies, lies, lies.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:38 pm

To be fair, it doesn't say, "never".
It says "will not", which would seem to mean, "(for now) will not".
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Actually the main gist of the post was about Keith Thomas saying that Port didn't want any advantage in the SANFL as it would diminish any achievements. That being said, he's not doing anything about stopping these advantages is he. If Port truly didn't want these advantages they'd keep Magpies as a true SANFL team and put their AFL reserves elsewhere. But no, they chose to start doing this a few years ago by default. And again, what was promised in the One Club proposal???? "Port Magpies will never be Power reserves"....hmmmm.
I'm just pointing out what your CEO is putting forward in the media and the hypocritical claptrap that it is.
If we're going to follow your way of thinking shall we discuss the stadium deal at Footy Park? That's what Port agreed to so stop complaining. But no, it was everyone else's fault. Or shall we use the scenario of Port Magpies being a separate entity to Power? That's what you signed up to yet again who did you blame for it??? Let me guess. Everybody else?
Get my point?
Once again we have Port supporters willing to tar everybody else with blame when it suits you yet none of it falls back on you when it's your club that's pushed for unfair advantages.
I'd suggest you should comaining to your CEO if you don't like the message he puts out in public.

I don't think this was ever stated. It wasn't proposed as part of the merger, that's as far as it went from what I remember. Everyone knew the Crows were going to be the ones to push the reserves issue eventually.

CUTTERMAN wrote:While we're at it. Weren't Port trying to change the rules so they could keep Sommerton as the 28yo mature player on the Magpies list? So tell me again, who's trying to get the advantages.

They didn't try, they did. Port also got an exemption to sign Jake Johansen as a 17 year old.

Edit: And Henry Slattery was signed as the 28 year old leadership player. The age cap was lifted by the SANFL.

The compromise was that the salary cap for the top up players be reduced.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/page_95/1390/
Lies, lies, lies.

It also says that :

Moreover, the SANFL division of the club would operate as a traditional SANFL club – with League, Reserves, U18 and U16 sides; a Port Adelaide Zone (including the West Coast of SA); and underage Development Squads.

Lies, lies, lies.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Taken away once PAFC decided to go back on the promise to Port Magpie members, the 8 SANFL clubs and the SANFL commission that they would never be an afl reserves team.
You're a good turd polisher Booney!
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Gee, this thread got a bit bogged down in the 50s, bit of mental relaxation after bring up the half ton is not unusual, but gee were are powering through the 70s now. Will the nervous 90s effect us.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 pm

anyone else just hear the north prez on the rush hour... I personally found him quite good.. Lewie and jars sounded like littles sooks and trying to bully him.. "please don't pick on the crows"... I have stated on numerous times that the reserves team don't bother me a great deal, but after hearing rubbish like that, certainly pisses me off!!!! For the crows and port to be so stupid and not expect some backlash from supporters is a joke!!!

I have no problem with the north lot not letting the crows do there awards. Go back to your shed to do that!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:07 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:anyone else just hear the north prez on the rush hour... I personally found him quite good.. Lewie and jars sounded like littles sooks and trying to bully him.. "please don't pick on the crows"... I have stated on numerous times that the reserves team don't bother me a great deal, but after hearing rubbish like that, certainly pisses me off!!!! For the crows and port to be so stupid and not expect some backlash from supporters is a joke!!!

I have no problem with the north lot not letting the crows do there awards. Go back to your shed to do that!!!!

He made Lewie sound like the w@#ker he is. Lewie was trying to make something out of nothing. Trying to cause controversy. The guy is a deadset moron.

How thin skinned is Heath Younie if he is getting upset over what some North Adelaide supporters think of him. Seriously, who would let that bother them? Then again that could have been Lewie and Jars trying to make it into something it wasn't.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:17 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/page_95/1390/
Lies, lies, lies.

"Never" must be in the fine print.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby Mic » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 pm

cennals05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:anyone else just hear the north prez on the rush hour... I personally found him quite good.. Lewie and jars sounded like littles sooks and trying to bully him.. "please don't pick on the crows"... I have stated on numerous times that the reserves team don't bother me a great deal, but after hearing rubbish like that, certainly pisses me off!!!! For the crows and port to be so stupid and not expect some backlash from supporters is a joke!!!

He made Lewie sound like the w@#ker he is. Lewie was trying to make something out of nothing. Trying to cause controversy. The guy is a deadset moron.

How thin skinned is Heath Younie if he is getting upset over what some North Adelaide supporters think of him. Seriously, who would let that bother them? Then again that could have been Lewie and Jars trying to make it into something it wasn't.

Younie complaining doesn't surprise me.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby LPH » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:46 pm

am Bays wrote:Gee, this thread got a bit bogged down in the 50s, bit of mental relaxation after bring up the half ton is not unusual, but gee were are powering through the 70s now. Will the nervous 90s effect us.....

Just like Deano in Madras; a couple of spews, a bout of diarrhea, then a 'double ton' - plenty of time left, just don't declare on us ;)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kickinit » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:50 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:Taken away once PAFC decided to go back on the promise to Port Magpie members, the 8 SANFL clubs and the SANFL commission that they would never be an afl reserves team.
You're a good turd polisher Booney!

What promise? I've been a member for many many years and not once did they make a promise to me.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am

Wouldn't be the first time a Port supporter has only heard what they want, won't be the last time either.
It was a key part of the One Club proposal that was voted on by the Magpie members. I've spoken to a PAFC board member about it once the club sold out the Magpies to turn them into a Power reserves team. He recognised that it was a key part of the proposal, if he can then maybe you should listen better in future........unless of course the whole One Club proposal was all bull!hit and lies in the first place.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Rising Power » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:19 pm

No, the key part was the takeover of the Prince of Wales - this was when the Power was broke remember, even after all the handouts (or perhaps further investment to correct the SANFL's mismanagement of it's second licence...). The reserves team was going to happen regardless, driven by the Crows, and the merger just made things easier because all the administrative work would have been done before the transition took place. Would have to be pretty stupid to believe the reserves were never going to happen.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:31 pm

I thought it would be appropriate to introduce this onto here from the other NORF thread so have a read of the article from the Adelaide Now site.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/ade ... -fnia3gmi-

Great effort you Cocks give these parasites heaps.

Some good post on this article.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:34 pm

SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby JK » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Adelaidenow being typically selective as always about which comments it will or won't post. Other than the form guide I wouldn't wipe my ass with that miserable excuse for a paper!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:08 pm

JK wrote:Adelaidenow being typically selective as always about which comments it will or won't post. Other than the form guide I wouldn't wipe my ass with that miserable excuse for a paper!!

Then don't read it.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby JK » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:18 pm

cracka wrote:
JK wrote:Adelaidenow being typically selective as always about which comments it will or won't post. Other than the form guide I wouldn't wipe my ass with that miserable excuse for a paper!!

Then don't read it.

I won't be, anyone with half a brain probably could have deduced that from my post .. But don't fear I've confirmed it for you now.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL