Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Postby Gozu » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 pm

24laceup wrote:Ok, so 4 pages in and I still have no idea how the game panned out.... Any chance of a run down??

Port beat the Redbacks? ;)
Last edited by Gozu on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Crowd 3,337
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Gozu wrote:Crowd 3,337

3000k of them would have been dogs fans

Was good to see heaps of ammo boys at the footy, lots of eastern park, central united and salisbury guys there
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Tassie Blues » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 pm

heater31 wrote:Again Kickinit heads off on the completely wrong tangent :roll:

Get it back to the thread topic or it will be locked.....

And how many other posts have been about the game on this topic or any of the past 2 post game topics for Adelaide
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby mickey » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:40 pm

whufc wrote:

So three thousand thousand central supporters were there!
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby saintal » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Listened to the match on rph. Ravens dominance appeared to start in the centre square, and the doggies lacked the key defenders to go with the likes of McKernan and Johnston. Grigg and Lyons did as they pleased, and Otten is a top notch SANFL defender.

Dogs with only one player over 20 touches. McIntyre seemed to be their only forward who had some presence.

Wasn't particularly enjoyable listening to it, and hearing the ravens song on rph after the game seemed very very wrong.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby dogbreath » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm

mickey wrote:
whufc wrote:

So three thousand thousand central supporters were there!

Yep !!

But I doubt they'll be in any rush to go back for the next game against Crows or Power Reserves. When the novelty factor wears off & people get sick of being flogged by the professionals, just watch the crowd numbers tumble.

It's the start of the end.
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Grahaml » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:47 am

Well, it was a rather interesting game. Crows dominated in the middle, our ruckmen seemed to be totally uncompetitive in the centre bounces with Graham dominating. Even at ground level, our first unit barely touched the ball. Some of those takeaways just left our defense fighting an uphill battle to make a contest with some pretty classy forwards floating around. In the general contests it felt very much like the dogs got the better of the situation time and time again but without the leg speed or clean ball use the forward line got clogged up very quickly. No really dominant key forward meant even when we did dominate we couldn't get good shots on goal. But then once the ball started to come out, the speed of the Crows (especially across half forward) just opened up the game and they carved us up. Pretty disappointing showing all in all. There was a pretty strong opposition which won't always be the case, but you can't allow such a dominance in the middle and the skills just simply have to be better. Glenn had a rotten start, but then showed some fight later on to at least take the game on.

On the crowd, I'm amazed by that crowd stat. I would have thought there would be quite a few more than that, certainly the queues were longer than usual. It was also noteworthy, despite some pretty parochial comments otherwise, that a lot of crows fans came out. There were quite a few at the game who had either never been to an SANFL game or not been to one for a very long time around. Long term, I think it's still a big mistake, but at least we can take some solace from the fact that there are a lot of new people getting along.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 am

Maybe you should try deleting his posts if you feel he is constantly taking threads off topic.

What's the point of having rules if all you want to do is lock a thread when a habitual troll is only interested in ...... Trolling
Hey guess what... That's another rule of the site isn't it, no trolling.

Come on Mods, do the right thing and get these idiots off the boards
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 am

Quite obvious that the AFL reserves teams performances are going to be dictated solely by the length of their injury lists, no surprise that the first time the Crows list is looking fairly short they put on a performance like this.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Maybe you should try deleting his posts if you feel he is constantly taking threads off topic.

What's the point of having rules if all you want to do is lock a thread when a habitual troll is only interested in ...... Trolling

Half the threads will be locked if they did that and that many posts would be deleted threads wouldn't make sense.

It's only a page or two ago that some ass clown said anyone who barracks for Port isn't a true SA football fan. Not sure if thats Pure troll or some mentally challenged muppet on a keyboard but at the end of the day I think you just have to laugh it off.

I find it hilarious the amount of people on the site who feel they have the right to tell people who, how and what they should support and how specific supporting can validate your legitimacy and right to be qualified to class yourself as a true supporter. IMO people are entitled to barrack for whoever they want, whenever they want.

I have a couple of mates who actually tell me "you are not allowed to barrack for the Crows"and get genuinely upset :roll: . So if Port aren't playing and they play a Vic/WA team I can't barrack for the Crows? I have gold Adelaide oval passes, my fiancé loves the Crows (she's not that bright) and we go to 8-10 games a year. I think that means I show more support to the Crows than I do to a lot of my over opinionated mates do their own band of beloved.

Sorry for getting off topic Mods but I just wanted to make a point and every time someone gets on here and talks up the Crows/Power reserves they don't deserve to have their integrity challenged.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Mic » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:39 pm

A sad day for SA footy. Even more unfortunate was that it was against a team who voted, "No".
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Mic wrote:A sad day for SA footy. Even more unfortunate was that it was against a team who voted, "No".

Not sad at all. Dogs not good enough... Sturt and north both knocked the crows off!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:22 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Mic wrote:A sad day for SA footy. Even more unfortunate was that it was against a team who voted, "No".

Not sad at all. Dogs not good enough... Sturt and north both knocked the crows off!!!

Like I have posted I reckon you will see a clear pattern of better results on the larger oval where the games are more reliant on speed, fitness and skills. Also no suprise that Crows first win came when they have their shortest injury list.

Also it correct that the crane at the Northern end of the ground is a requirement for the Crows to have.

If Norwood wanted extra cameras at Elizabeth Oval would we have gave it to them. Also what's to say the Crows won't use it to scout the SANFL teams for next time they play them giving them another extra advantage that the SAnFL clubs don't have
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Half the threads will be locked if they did that and that many posts would be deleted threads wouldn't make sense.

It's only a page or two ago that some ass clown said anyone who barracks for Port isn't a true SA football fan. Not sure if thats Pure troll or some mentally challenged muppet on a keyboard but at the end of the day I think you just have to laugh it off.

I find it hilarious the amount of people on the site who feel they have the right to tell people who, how and what they should support and how specific supporting can validate your legitimacy and right to be qualified to class yourself as a true supporter. IMO people are entitled to barrack for whoever they want, whenever they want.

I have a couple of mates who actually tell me "you are not allowed to barrack for the Crows"and get genuinely upset :roll: . So if Port aren't playing and they play a Vic/WA team I can't barrack for the Crows? I have gold Adelaide oval passes, my fiancé loves the Crows (she's not that bright) and we go to 8-10 games a year. I think that means I show more support to the Crows than I do to a lot of my over opinionated mates do their own band of beloved.

Sorry for getting off topic Mods but I just wanted to make a point and every time someone gets on here and talks up the Crows/Power reserves they don't deserve to have their integrity challenged.

The points you raise are fair.

However, one of the few unwritten rules of footy supporters is that you can never, ever, change your team. While I am not accusing anyone of this, someone who has barracked for an SANFL team, who suddenly starts barracking for the Crows reserves this year, even if they still support their traditional SANFL team, can surely see why their integrity is being challenged by others?

Though I think that having a bob each way is, in these particular circumstances, not quite worthy of 'invalidating their legitimacy' as a supporter, I think the fact that this question arises is an indictment of the new set up.

No AFL in the SANFL.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:03 pm

whufc wrote:
If Norwood wanted extra cameras at Elizabeth Oval would we have gave it to them. Also what's to say the Crows won't use it to scout the SANFL teams for next time they play them giving them another extra advantage that the SAnFL clubs don't have

The team and the club are allowed access to the vision if they wish. It's not just for the AFL whores....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:04 pm

heater31 wrote:
whufc wrote:

The team and the club are allowed access to the vision if they wish. It's not just for the AFL whores....

Fair enough.
whufc
Coach

Postby passionatelegsfan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:31 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

I can guarantee you i am not a troll and nor am i mentally challenged. If you think that port should have the right to call themselves south australian after the amount of times they have shitted on this state, then iwould suggest that it is you who are mentally challenged!!

I can guarantee
passionatelegsfan

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 pm

passionatelegsfan wrote:If you think that port should have the right to call themselves south australian after the amount of times they have shit on this state, then I would suggest that it is you who are mentally challenged!!

Firstly, no none is mentally challenged for having an opinion (that was hard to write considering some things posted on here).
Whichever way you look at it, port are South Australian. Numerous actions of theirs in the past however can only be described as "un South Australian".
Yes, they have shit on the SANFL, the other clubs, the SA footy public and even to a degree themselves more than any other club.
IMHO it is simply the lies, the unwillingness to accept any blame, the delusional arrogance and the sick and twisted penchant to point the finger at everyone else (when a mirror would suffice) that leaves everyone in disbelief regarding the PAFC and most of their supporters.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:03 pm

100% agree but since Kochie and Hinckley has come into the club they have defiantly become more professional off field including finally getting a true identity.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL