Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Eagles 8.3 51
Power 15.19 109

Power far too dominant in all aspects. Believe it or not, the scoreboard flattered the eagles as the power hit the post a couple of times and most of their behinds were all shots on goal.

Mitchell got a tonne of hte ball, and we had no answer to Neade up forward. Stewart was damaging in the second half and Bruggermann was pretty impressive in the ruck.

For the eagles, we got pretty well smashed in most positions, the exceptions being Von Bertouch who demolished Butcher, Batley and Raymond. It was telling that all these guys were our defenders. Boyd got a heap of the ball but wasn't able to do much with it due to the immense pressure applied by the Power.

If the Power continue to have access to this team and play with the intent of winning I am sorry but there is simply no SANFL side that will close to them. Norwood were pretty lucky to play them first round when they were still sorting out their structure. It was clear right from the beginning that their skills are at a much higher level (less out-of bounds on the full, no kicking into man on the mark, pinpoint passing) while it was clear in the last quarter that their fitness base is far greater.

Still, the announced crowd of around 4,200 was the highest at Woodville since the early 2000s I understand, so President Kurt 'traitor' Slaven would no doubt have a big grin on his face. At what cost I am not sure.......
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Postby luketorrens » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.
luketorrens
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby arcadefire » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 pm

R.I.P SANFL :evil:
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 pm

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

:shock:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby locky801 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:18 pm

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

CRAP
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3650 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby mal » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:21 pm

WWT had the breeze, worth 3-5 goals in the last quarter
WWT 8-2
PR 12-14
After playing a very good 3rd qtr into the breeze , there was some expectation that WWT might get close in the finish

After a minute or so, in the last qtr , there was not a solitary player in the WWT forward line
None of us watching the game could hardly believe it
WWT played numbers behind the ball for a great deal of the quarter

The way I saw the game
PR took the game on , and looked a good attacking team for the most
WWT too often flooded in defence and played too defensively too often

NW beat PR because they tackled well, chased well , and pressured well on a sMALl ground
If NW played PR at Alberton next week , I would expect a 10-15 goal win to PR

PR if they have a similar team , if they make the finals, will be a hard team to beat in any final
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1140 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby arcadefire » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm

YEAH what the other 2 guys said :evil:
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby holden78 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 pm

What a stupid thing to say, this just proves what a joke it is having full time pro's up against part timers .

The SANFL had it's place and always will have it's place as long as it's run correctly and these two cancers are banished. Olsen, Whicker, Davies, SANFL boards ( except South & Dogs ) and Cocmission should be given one way tickets to North Korea asap! :D
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 pm

It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.

That's sounds a lot like the numerous VFL games I have been to.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 pm

whufc wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

That's sounds a lot like the numerous VFL games I have been to.

I had one enthusiastic knob near me all day......

Biggest thing I took out of the day was the distinct lack of emotion of Paul Stewart when he finally managed to slot a goal today, a piss weak high five to a team mate like he was embarrassed to kick one against his former club :oops:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby holden78 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 pm

arcadefire wrote:

YEAH what the other 2 guys said :evil:

Agree. Sucked in eagles carma love it
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby LPH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 pm

heater31 wrote:Biggest thing I took out of the day was the distinct lack of emotion of Paul Stewart when he finally managed to slot a goal today, a piss weak high five to a team mate like he was embarrassed to kick one against his former club :oops:

The Club that devloped him as a Junior into the AFL listed player he is, you mean... :roll:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby saintal » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 pm

34 shots to 11, and 68 inside 50s to just 25. Could have been another triple figure win to the Power reserves.

How's Wundke moving this season? Has had a pretty modest start.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby LPH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Eagles 8.3 51
... so President Kurt 'traitor' Slaven would no doubt have a big grin on his face. At what cost I am not sure.......

To be fair, he was acting (in what he believed) was the Club's best interests.
Treachery is a little harsh. I would suggest more disrespectful (of the Members) rather than treacherous.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Wasn't there today since I no longer follow the magpies because of what has happened but you are spot on. I'm going to have a punt here and say that 75% of years gone by regular magpie supporters who attended 10+ games yearly have walked away. As a former cheer squad member, I can also say that only a few of last years members remain (and they are power supporters which explains it). To my knowledge, the cheer squad has been overtaken by Power cheer squad members.

As for the atmosphere, what do you expect? After all it is all a fraud and deep down, everyone knows that the magpies are unfortunatley dead, so how can any passion be displayed?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

locky801 wrote:

CRAP

Absolute garbage. The SANFL would of been just fine without the AFL. Would rather only have a handful of the most passionate supporters in the land than a bunch of supporters who only cheer when the big screen tells them to. NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 pm

arcadefire wrote:R.I.P SANFL :evil:

Sick of this reference. The Sanfl died years ago in terms of standard, probably due to excessive money in country leagues and the growing popularity in soccer. If an Sanfl side can't beat a bunch of talented kids who have only played against boys and underdone/out of form AFL players then the standard is shit. 10 years ago an afl reserves side would not get within 10 goals of a top 5 League side.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm

LMA wrote:

Sick of this reference. The Sanfl died years ago in terms of standard, probably due to excessive money in country leagues and the growing popularity in soccer. If an Sanfl side can't beat a bunch of talented kids who have only played against boys and underdone/out of form AFL players then the standard is shit. 10 years ago an afl reserves side would not get within 10 goals of a top 5 League side.

What don't some people understand that AFL players are PROFESSIONALS. They play and train for a living, compared to an SANFL player who only trains for 4-6 hour a week!!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm

LMA wrote:

Well said... Spot on
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL