Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby JK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:05 am

Had Nordburger again on Friday night and enjoyed it. **** some of you blokes can eat .. I had the chilli cheese fries first so when it came time for my burger I couldn't even eat half of it I was so full.

I'm quite new to these places, but seeing the universal praise for 127 I'm looking forward to trying it out someday.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 am

Had my first Nordburger last night, when the Bacon & Cheese Double with some lettuce and caramelised onion, didn't rate it near Chuck Wagon, Bread and Bone or Foundry. Still haven't got 127 Days yet. Think the burger was $10.90, and the service was real quick, but it tasted a lot more like a Maccas double quarter pounder than any of the others IMO.

Would still go back if on The Parade, but not up in the top echelon of the burger joint list.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:26 am

Took the Mrs and kids to Semaphore on Saturday. Ate at the Palais. $63 for Pint of Teds, Pint of Cider, Kids raspberry, Garlic Bread Pizza (6 pieces) Nuggets and Chips, S & P Squid and Chicken Parmi. Always a bonus when they bring the nuggets out first for the kid.
Mrs had the squid and was very happy with it. She rated it as one of the best she's had. I had the chicken parmi and it looked bigger than the advertised 300gm size. Parmi sauce was right up there with the best I've ever had, and the snitzel was not oily at all from the cooking. Chips on the side.
Service was pretty quick, only half way through my pint when it came out.
One of the best pub meals I've had in a long time, I would give this a solid 8.5 out of 10!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:39 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Took the Mrs and kids to Semaphore on Saturday. Ate at the Palais. $63 for Pint of Teds, Pint of Cider, Kids raspberry, Garlic Bread Pizza (6 pieces) Nuggets and Chips, S & P Squid and Chicken Parmi. Always a bonus when they bring the nuggets out first for the kid.
Mrs had the squid and was very happy with it. She rated it as one of the best she's had. I had the chicken parmi and it looked bigger than the advertised 300gm size. Parmi sauce was right up there with the best I've ever had, and the snitzel was not oily at all from the cooking. Chips on the side.
One of the best pub meals I've had in a long time, I would give this a solid 8.5 out of 10!

You think? When the Boons were little I hated having them finish their nuggets etc and then get all ratty and bored while you're trying to eat yours.

The Palais however do do good food. Was there a month or so back for some drinks and shared a dip plate, had some pizzas as well. Agreed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:44 am

Booney wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Took the Mrs and kids to Semaphore on Saturday. Ate at the Palais. $63 for Pint of Teds, Pint of Cider, Kids raspberry, Garlic Bread Pizza (6 pieces) Nuggets and Chips, S & P Squid and Chicken Parmi. Always a bonus when they bring the nuggets out first for the kid.

You think? When the Boons were little I hated having them finish their nuggets etc and then get all ratty and bored while you're trying to eat yours.

The Palais however do do good food. Was there a month or so back for some drinks and shared a dip plate, had some pizzas as well. Agreed.

You wrote "do do"
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:06 am

Booney wrote:

Yeah my Missus hates it when the kids food comes out first lol .. Doesnt bother me, but she really gets a bee in her bonnet about it
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:26 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah my Missus hates it when the kids food comes out first lol .. Doesnt bother me, but she really gets a bee in her bonnet about it

Funny cause we are the opposite. Kids are hungry at feeding time and are better behaved after a feed. We much prefer their meals come out first. Guess thats why we all have different footy teams cause we like different things.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 am

Pag wrote:Had my first Nordburger last night, when the Bacon & Cheese Double with some lettuce and caramelised onion, didn't rate it near Chuck Wagon, Bread and Bone or Foundry. Still haven't got 127 Days yet. Think the burger was $10.90, and the service was real quick, but it tasted a lot more like a Maccas double quarter pounder than any of the others IMO.

Would still go back if on The Parade, but not up in the top echelon of the burger joint list.

BLASPHEMER!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

You wrote "do do"

It worries me that I was also going to post that before I scrolled down. Clearly you have a bright, witty sense of humour like myself. :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:56 am

Pag wrote:Had my first Nordburger last night, when the Bacon & Cheese Double with some lettuce and caramelised onion, didn't rate it near Chuck Wagon, Bread and Bone or Foundry. Still haven't got 127 Days yet. Think the burger was $10.90, and the service was real quick, but it tasted a lot more like a Maccas double quarter pounder than any of the others IMO.

Oh Dear, I have just worked out why it's called Nordburger. :oops:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Q. wrote:

BLASPHEMER!

Sorry mate, we can chat about it tonight if you want further clarification. ;)
Pag
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Pag wrote:
Q. wrote:

BLASPHEMER!

Ha, I'll actually be there tonight. Filling in for our delegate.
Q.
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:My girlfriend and I went to Nordburger this afternoon. Not really that great to be honest, I got the Big Kahana and it was ok, not the best burger I've ever had but certainly not the worst. They've got a cool little set up there and the burgers are cheap, under $10 is really good, if they were over $10 it wouldn't be worth it though, you get for what you pay for. The Tater Tots, OMG they're to die for, I loved them! Best part of my 'meal' and I use the word meal loosely because Nordburger burgers are a snack for me, not a meal, it wasn't that satisfying. Service there was really good.

127 Days reins supreme as the best Burger joint I've been to so far with Burger Foundry second.

I'm giving Nordburger a 6/10

The so called official reviewers whom I rate nowhere near as high as people on this page without agendas rate it quite highly surprisingly and above Chuck Wagon. I thought I saw it in the ent book and if it is and I'm in the area I might give it a bash but you have scared me with the lack of size.

BTW people, 127 days is not open on Sundays :roll:

Organised a round of golf with my bro last weekend purely because it was close to 127 Days and I wanted to try it, was devo when he told me they arent open sundays
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Q. wrote:
Pag wrote:
Q. wrote:

BLASPHEMER!

Ha, I'll actually be there tonight. Filling in for our delegate.

We'll be at the pub beforehand, if you're keen for some alcohol to get you through 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:49 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Oh Dear, I have just worked out why it's called Nordburger. :oops:

Image?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:Ha, I'll actually be there tonight. Filling in for our delegate.

We'll be at the pub beforehand, if you're keen for some alcohol to get you through 8)

With the amount of time I've spent on here this morning, I don't like my chances of getting away from work before 6PM. However I'm up for getting either Nordburger or Burger Foundry (given their close proximity to The Barton) in a post-meeting feeding frenzy.
Q.
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Isn't there a whole ammo footy league forum to discuss this sort of stuff?

8)

@Dogwatcher
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Great review, the Palais does some great food!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:Ha, I'll actually be there tonight. Filling in for our delegate.

With the amount of time I've spent on here this morning, I don't like my chances of getting away from work before 6PM. However I'm up for getting either Nordburger or Burger Foundry (given their close proximity to The Barton) in a post-meeting feeding frenzy.

I had Foundry before the last one, amazing.
Pag
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Neither pub nor restaurant - Nicked into Wok-In-A-Box for lunch today, first time in many years .. Grabbed a Nasi Box, which is overpriced and flavourless compared to the NoodleBox equivalent.

2.5/10
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion