India's tour of Australia - Summer 2014/15

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

India's tour of Australia - Summer 2014/15

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 am

With India recently getting embarrassed recently by the Poms I was interested to see if everyone else thinks their upcoming tour could see a Whitewash of my most despised cricket team.

Last tour when we were at our lowest ebb for years we brained them 4 zip and their current form is nothing short of calamitous. I can't see them winning a test. I think they will be very competitive in the two other forms of the game but I think they will even struggle in tour matches.

My tip Australia 4-0 with a couple of innings defeats. 8)

My only fear is that a revenue based strategy may come into play and curators will be influenced to extend test duration with the preparation of roads. Personally I would love to see a spicy Gabba deck first up and a host of broken bones and bruising. The likes of Johnson, Harris, Starc, Cummings and Siddle should be champing at the bit to rip into those front fronting flogs. Especially Cock breath Kohli.

Did I mention I can't stand the pack of arrogant wankers :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Re: India's tour of Australia - Summer 2014/15

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Depends which Mitch shows up and how Harris body holds up.

A poor Mitch and an unfit Rhino and the Aussie side is very much brought back to the pack
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:55 pm

whufc wrote:Depends which Mitch shows up and how Harris body holds up.

A poor Mitch and an unfit Rhino and the Aussie side is very much brought back to the pack

Disagree, I think we are fortunate to be in a position where we now have good depth in our bowling stocks, and our bats are beginning to churn out some runs - Indians bowling attack doesn't look very threatening, i think we could embarrass them.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Disagree, I think we are fortunate to be in a position where we now have good depth in our bowling stocks, and our bats are beginning to churn out some runs - Indians bowling attack doesn't look very threatening, i think we could embarrass them.

Ishant Sharma is the only one that might cause some damage.....bent his back in the 2nd dig at Lords and won them the game :shock:

Hopefully the big pansy doesn't watch youtube videos of MJ last summer ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 pm

My tip is they will cry and threaten to go home early over something very minor.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:26 am

helicopterking wrote:My tip is they will cry and threaten to go home early over something very minor.

Short pitch bowling would be the bookies favourite but your spot on they will get sand in their vadgies over something
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:44 pm

CA should be producing carbon copy WACA decks all around the country, play 4 quicks and batter the pricks.
Tests might only go for 2-3 days but would be worth watching
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

not really sure why people feel the need to actively hate opposition.

but anyway, yep, i think we will smash them.

and i think mitch has turned a corner now. since coming back he has been much much more consistent. The big one will be whether harris can stay together.

i really hope phil hughes gets a run eventually, though it may not be until rogers retires.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Agree there is some good depth but I don't know if the depth is quite good enough at this stage to take a lead role if Mitch and rhino aren't there to support them
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:not really sure why people feel the need to actively hate opposition.

and i think mitch has turned a corner now. since coming back he has been much much more consistent. The big one will be whether harris can stay together.

i really hope phil hughes gets a run eventually, though it may not be until rogers retires.

Australian fans generally hate the visiting side no matter who is touring. They also always and I mean always single out the visiting sides best batsmen and the sides best bowler and direct abuse at them the whole tour.

This year it'll probably be Kohli and Sharma
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby smac » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:46 am

You say that like it's a bad thing.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby mal » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:35 am

Waste of time playing India

As a general rule:
India does not handle the bounce and pace on Australian decks
Australia does not handle the lack of bounce and spin in India

Australia has performed better around the world against other nations than India
They seem to adapt better than India when touring other parts of the world

Australia 3-0
India might fluke a draw

No Test in Perth as well , I wonder if that is by design ?
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby mal » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:00 am

bennymacca wrote:not really sure why people feel the need to actively hate opposition.

I'm not a fan of bagging individual sportsmen or teams
However , the Indians have been an annoying team in recent years
They seem to complain about too many issues , take matters into their own hands too often
They seemingly challenge rules and incidents more than most other sides , and sometimes get there own way when other teams don't.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 am

i agree with what you say to a certain extent, but that fails to recognise, that India, along with Australia and England, effectively hijacked world cricket last year, and nobody really batted an eyelid from within australia.

you can probably add that australians are known as the biggest arrogant sledging wankers in world cricket too - something we kind of take with pride in this country, and i kind of like it too.

my point is though, it is easy to see the failings of another country when they are not your own.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 am

carey wrote:Australian fans generally hate the visiting side no matter who is touring. They also always and I mean always single out the visiting sides best batsmen and the sides best bowler and direct abuse at them the whole tour.

This year it'll probably be Kohli and Sharma

FMD

I won't deny that there is a section of Australian cricket supporters who get a skinful and then say stupid idiotic abusive things to opposition teams and players but here's a reality check for you Carey, it happens all over the world in all sports. A moronic minority get noticed for their stupidity and the vast majority of supporters get accused of being like them. As your sweeping generalisation of a post has so clearly exhibited.

Warney got abused in England, so did Merv Hughes, Greg Matthews was egged in New Zealand in 1985, Symonds was abused terribly in India. These are just examples but it happens everywhere we go and it happens when visiting teams come here. However it is a minority of brain dead supporters that do it.

I've watched cricket in this country for over 30 years at live venues and by far most Australian supporters respect and appreciate the best players from other countries. Yes we might not want them to do as well as we would like as we like to win but when they do do well Australians will applaud and appreciate them.

So don't give me the ugly Australian crap. Yes there will be times when I will hear things this year and i will cringe but that will be by far in the minority compared to the appreciation of good cricket by both teams.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:12 am

The only thing better than Australia smashing a team is Australia winning in a close one.

And I agree bays, to condone idiots being idiots, is, idiotic :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 am

From what I can gather Cricket Australia's management had balls the Andrew Symonds incidents would have played out a lot different.....several players were not happy at the stance they were told to take and the double standards applied.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:15 pm

heater31 wrote:From what I can gather Cricket Australia's management had balls the Andrew Symonds incidents would have played out a lot different.....several players were not happy at the stance they were told to take and the double standards applied.

Funny isn't it that Symonds can be abused by the indians but as soon as something was said to Harbi then well shit hit the fan and we were the worst country in the world :roll:

F**K India, they're ruining international cricket and I hope they get flogged.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Whatever happens, I really want to see another series where the ball dominates the bat.
A day watching the cricket, with the bowling on top is so much better than watching runs get piled on, over after over.

As long as its Australia on top.

(Spoken from the angle of a bowler that can't bat for shit)
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:26 pm

I like the individual battles. Like sharma ponting, or warne keeping a batter at his end for 5 overs, or Johnson scaring the life out of people. If both teams take a day to score 250/350 it is almost always a good test
bennymacca
Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket