Sanderson sacked

Talk on the national game

Re: Sanderson sacked

Postby the joker » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:Goodwin isnt coming back, recently sold off most of his interest in the pubs and dont think he has any intention of returning to Adelaide. He will take the Melbourne job
or sold off his pubs so there is no conflict of interest with Roo
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Pretty plain and simple. Is Brenton Sanderson the best Coach available in AFL ranks currently?

If he ain't who the heck is?

Well cough up the coin and get the right bloke if it **** up ill die on my own sword. A club of these resources shouldn't put up with mediocrity and won't any longer. . Do you want to be another Richmond or Carlton?

These are true questions Fagan would have asked the board as a true proffesional. Everyone will be on notice this bloke don't **** around.

Problem is, it's not that easy to turn it around any more. It takes years to turn a list over. This coach has had 3 years. Does he deserve more time? Probably/possibly but now we'll never know.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Pretty plain and simple. Is Brenton Sanderson the best Coach available in AFL ranks currently?

Well cough up the coin and get the right bloke if it **** up ill die on my own sword. A club of these resources shouldn't put up with mediocrity and won't any longer. . Do you want to be another Richmond or Carlton?

These are true questions Fagan would have asked the board as a true proffesional. Everyone will be on notice this bloke don't **** around.

At least Richmond have stuck by Hardwick, as poor as they have been. Amazing to see their revolution in the 2nd half of this season and it's all been driven by the playing group. What does that tell you.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Had two coaches sacked/ not reappointed this week but neither the one I wanted (Mickan)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Hondo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 pm

It's amazing in 2012 the Crows were in the preliminary final and Port were a laughing stock on and off the field. Two years later and I'd like the coach and playing list to swap guernseys ;)

I've got to say I though our last 5 weeks of the season were terrible. We had a final 8 spot easily in our sights and pretty much stuffed it up week after week.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Think the crows have made the right decision. Roo has only jump on the board because he could see how poorly the club was being run. Sanderson wasn't the coach to take the crows forward. I believe the board realises that their list isn't going to achieve anything anytime soon, Sanderson on the other hand thought the opposite. The question now is there anyone that can take the crows forward.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 pm

If the crows don't get a big name, this sacking isn't justified!

If they get another untried coach (afl head coach experience) ie a Bassett, Goodwin and even possibly Dew. It will look very ordinary.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 pm

kickinit wrote:Think the crows have made the right decision. Roo has only jump on the board because he could see how poorly the club was being run. Sanderson wasn't the coach to take the crows forward. I believe the board realises that their list isn't going to achieve anything anytime soon, Sanderson on the other hand thought the opposite. The question now is there anyone that can take the crows forward.

Case in point is South Adelaide 2013 v South Adelaide 2014. Players were not there for the coach and the results showed. Get a new coach and the right one and look what happens.....fairly similar bunch of part time footballers let 30 minutes of footy slip against a team of full time professionals.

Roo is not there to make business decisions, he is there to make football department decisions!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby the joker » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 pm

I would throw massive cash at clarko. He will probably win his third premiership and looking for a new challange
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 58 times

Sanderson sacked

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Dual premiership coach and Essendon's exiting senior coach, Mark Thompson, has not only ruled himself out of the running for the Adelaide coaching job, but has clearly signalled his disappointment with Adelaide's axing of his friend and former assistant Brenton Sanderson.
"No, I'm not interested," said Thompson when asked about the job that had opened up at the Crows. "I wouldn't go there - especially now." Sanderson worked alongside "Bomber" at Geelong, where the pair forged a close relationship. Thompson had been in contact with Sanderson on Wednesday night, when the news of his sacking filtered through.
Essendon wishes to retain Thompson in a new role supporting the coaches, which is yet to be confirmed or finalised.
Thompson has not been sounded out by the Gold Coast, either. The Suns' board are meeting with senior coach Guy McKenna on Thursday as part of an intensive club review of the club's football operations that has created rumblings throughout the AFL community about McKenna's position.
The Sanderson sacking also surprised the coach's management, the influential Elite Sports Properties, which had been preparing to meet with Sanderson on Friday and had been heavily involved in the conversations between Goodwin and Melbourne. Goodwin was the frontrunner to become senior assistant under Roos, in which he would be in pole position - or have an outright guarantee - of the senior position once Roos finishes at the end of 2016. Like Sanderson, he is managed by Craig Kelly's ESP.
Sanderson was contracted for the next two years, meaning the Crows face a huge payout - perhaps of close to a million dollars.
The news of Sanderson's sacking caught the AFL world by surprise, as it has been the McKenna who has been under pressure and was seen as vulnerable. The AFL coaches association had not even been informed of Sanderson's axing on Wednesday evening

[url="http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mark-thompson-slams-adelaides-axing-of-sanderson-20140917-10if0t.html#ixzz3DZWmPDWB"]http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mark-thompson-slams-adelaides-axing-of-sanderson-20140917-10if0t.html#ixzz3DZWmPDWB[/url]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 pm

I guess roo didn't want Bomber
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Yank Man wrote:

At least Richmond have stuck by Hardwick, as poor as they have been. Amazing to see their revolution in the 2nd half of this season and it's all been driven by the playing group. What does that tell you.

Yank Richmond are a disgrace. Not much more needs to be said. Nothings changed here however even I've been optimistic over the last 3 days
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Mckenna sacked tomorrow

sando to coach Gold Coast next year? ?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Tassie Blues » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Bomber to GC and Sando his assistant
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby JK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 am

Yank Man wrote:

That 6 of their 9 (streak) wins came against bottom 8 clubs and they fell in against Sydney reserves .. Fronted up against a quality outfit and were demolished. Papering over the cracks unfortunately mate.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 am

mickey wrote:
whufc wrote:
RustyCage wrote:According to a radio sports show (not sure which as was flicking between AA and MMM) that Sando and the board had differing opinions on what direction they needed to go with the playing group.

Now Rowe is saying it's all Triggs fault. McDermott is pretty fired up about it

Sando probably told them the truth about where the playing squad is actually at in the real world.

Other way round whufc....

I would be surprised especially if Ricciutto had a bit to do with the sacking.

I use to laugh at the amount of times this year he referred to the Crows as 'should be pushing a top 4 spot' and overrating players like McKay and Jaench as potential AA players during his commentatory.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:23 am

Still id rather a bloke be brutal and shoot for the stars rather than put up with shit.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Still id rather a bloke be brutal and shoot for the stars rather than put up with shit.

Agree but historically having a trigger finger with coaches has very rarely had a positive effect, and generally just created a shite culture.

The two greatest football dynasties in the last ten- fifteen years (Geelong AFL, Centrals SANFL) were on the back of coaches who were very much on the chopping board (Mark Thompson, Peter Jonas) the clubs stuck with them and then went on their clubs greatest eras.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 am

gadj1976 wrote:He gets sacked and we're still stuck with that silly old prick (Malthouse). How does that work?

That's our curse for the antics of Ted Hopkins and Wayne Harms
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 am

i heard this morning the Voss is being considered :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL