ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Interesting read.
I think Brahma Lodge is entirely guilty.

Did anything follow that other complaint about them?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brumbies » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Interesting read.
I think Brahma Lodge is entirely guilty.

Did anything follow that other complaint about them?

IF this is 100% true, then yeah Brahma Lodge should lose on forfeit, BUT it is only one side of the story. Having played both ICC and Brahma there are some parts of the review I could believe, and some parts I had to laugh at.

Will be interesting to see what ATCA do, especially with a finals spot riding on it for Brahma and Old Ignations.
Brumbies

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 pm

I was being sarcastic about it being Brahma's fault. lol
Everything seems very lily white in that review.
I like the suggestion that they would at least appreciate a rematch.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:46 am

Some of my favourite lines:

one of our batsmen actually walked off even though he got a stumping decision in his favour by the leg umpire

Why did he walk off after being given not out? Could it be that he knew he was out and it was his mate at square leg that was bending the rules?

our scoring was perfect with not even a single run discrepancy.

Why make this comment? Is it because in the past you have been known to add runs repeatedly?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Any news on a resolution to the ICC v BL case? Hopefully soon since it affects finals positions
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby tedbullpit » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:05 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Any news on a resolution to the ICC v BL case? Hopefully soon since it affects finals positions

ATCA website is now showing a win to Brahma Lodge.
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 am

I'd love to know what actually happened. Its weird how ICC appeared to want to play on, but BL pulled stumps and went off, they get awarded the game? Obviously im only going by that rather humorous recounting of things in the captains report, but still i'd like to know how the ATCA came to the conclusion that Brahma get awarded the game
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:57 am

human_torpedo wrote:I'd love to know what actually happened. Its weird how ICC appeared to want to play on, but BL pulled stumps and went off, they get awarded the game? Obviously im only going by that rather humorous recounting of things in the captains report, but still i'd like to know how the ATCA came to the conclusion that Brahma get awarded the game

I thinks it's a no brainer.
Why would an away team pull up the stumps or walk away while they were none fa chasing a gettable target?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

I note the review's been reviewed and removed.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:26 am

It seems we play the champagne-popping Modbury now.
Brahma to take on Unley.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I'd love to know what actually happened. Its weird how ICC appeared to want to play on, but BL pulled stumps and went off, they get awarded the game? Obviously im only going by that rather humorous recounting of things in the captains report, but still i'd like to know how the ATCA came to the conclusion that Brahma get awarded the game

Why would an away team pull up the stumps or walk away while they were none fa chasing a gettable target?

Exactly.

I've been involved in a game with ICC where they cracked the sh!ts and stopped playing. Stood around for nearly 10 minutes waiting for them to start again. As the home team, I can easily see BL saying, well if you aren't going to bowl, we'll pack up and go to the pub.
Easy for ICC to now report there was an incident and then BL pulled the stumps out and walked off.

They are terrible individuals, good to see ATCA rule against them.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

My point exactly. BL had no reason to walk off, but like I said we have only heard ICC's warped side of things, I'd like to know what ACTUALLY happened. I have my theories but I dont want to violate ATCA's 'Social Media policy' which they rammed down us at the Delgates meeting the other week, so I wont slander anyone with my theory
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:50 am

human_torpedo wrote:

My point exactly. BL had no reason to walk off, but like I said we have only heard ICC's warped side of things, I'd like to know what ACTUALLY happened. I have my theories but I dont want to violate ATCA's 'Social Media policy' which they rammed down us at the Delgates meeting the other week, so I wont slander anyone with my theory

Well at least their scorebook was perfect.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:59 am

Would BL have rung someone from ATCA, explained the situation and been given permission to walk off?

Think you'd want some guarantee as it's always a your word versus theirs situation.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

Thats the silver lining of this while saga. Maybe they thought that was enough to get the points?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

Thats the silver lining of this while saga. Maybe they thought that was enough to get the points?

I thought it was the clincher.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Shark_Hunter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:32 pm

ICC are a disgrace. The LO5 game last weekend actually did become physical. The AHOS captain told me of their blatant cheating and aggression throughout the day (and a game earlier in the year where their batting added up to 40 runs more than the bowling and their captain demanded to take the batting score). Heard Jars complaining about them on the radio also.
Now I will admit that AHOS are no angels and indeed have been responsible for some poor behaviour in the past that as a club we have tried to deal with and accepted penalties from ATCA, but the sheer number of complaints about this club surely means ATCA need to look at their removal from the competition.
And yes, we will be putting in a formal complaint to David.
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:ICC are a disgrace. The LO5 game last weekend actually did become physical. The AHOS captain told me of their blatant cheating and aggression throughout the day (and a game earlier in the year where their batting added up to 40 runs more than the bowling and their captain demanded to take the batting score). Heard Jars complaining about them on the radio also.
Now I will admit that AHOS are no angels and indeed have been responsible for some poor behaviour in the past that as a club we have tried to deal with and accepted penalties from ATCA, but the sheer number of complaints about this club surely means ATCA need to look at their removal from the competition.
And yes, we will be putting in a formal complaint to David.

Our game against them had the potential to become physical as well in LO5s. After the dismissal of their opening batsmen, they then proceeded to hammer the stumps back in with our ball,every time the stumps were broken. They were told kindly the first time by our skipper, then not so kindly after that. Then accused us of ball tampering because we wouldn't give the ball back to them after a wicket. Our Skipper handled it very well, as our team is full of kids and didn't want them learning bad habits so early in their careers.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:14 pm

One of our players thought that ICC in this case stood for 'International Cricket Council' and expected better of them when we were discussing the matter last night.. Genuine fact! Nothing to do with this topic really I just got a good laugh from it
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 am

Funny on two counts, HT. How naive to expect good behaviour from the actual international version of the ICC, though. Let's be honest.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps