Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby cracka » Sun May 24, 2015 10:49 pm

I think it's just their finishing is off. Schultz is the most reliable kick for goal & he's missed a couple of easy ones in the last couple of weeks at crucial times. Wingard, also usually reliable, missed an easy shot also. Scoreboard pressure does make a difference IMO.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby valleys07 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:36 pm

I'll try and review this game tomorrow I think. So bitterly disappointed, and completely devastated for a man who has given so much to the Port Adelaide Football Club.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 25, 2015 8:28 am

Window closed, time for rebuilding?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:56 am

Love how port supporters talk about their "champion of the game" retiring, but half of them still leave before full time rather than seeing him off . Class act

*obviously not directed at all supporters
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby MW » Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Love how port supporters talk about their "champion of the game" retiring, but half of them still leave before full time rather than seeing him off . Class act

I thought only Crows supporters do that ;) :roll:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Chuck Wepner » Mon May 25, 2015 9:06 am

Crows fans only leave when their knitting is finished. :D
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby stun72 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:59 am

Interesting when Kane Cornes left the oval last night he shook hands with Damian Hardwick but not with Mark Williams who was standing right next to Hardwick.
I'm not a Port Supporter (or Crows) so unaware if there is any history there but just found it unusual.
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 25, 2015 10:13 am

When I watch Port play this season, it reminds me of low div football when they go forward - appears to be very little structure and leading patterns, appears like they just kick long to a pack and hope for a contested mark or small forward crumbling goal.

Schultz more often than not appears to be caught up in a wrestle to win the marking contest, and Monfries the only person really leading.

In comparison, opposition sides continue to find space inside 50 for players to lead into and take uncontested marks + set shots on goal.

I don't think Port played that bad last night, just couldn't hit the scoreboard and some very costly misses in front. Really given the dominance of the 3rd qtr they should've worked their way backin front.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 10:48 am

stun72 wrote:Interesting when Kane Cornes left the oval last night he shook hands with Damian Hardwick but not with Mark Williams who was standing right next to Hardwick.
I'm not a Port Supporter (or Crows) so unaware if there is any history there but just found it unusual.

Perhaps he doesn't like him?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hearts on fire » Mon May 25, 2015 10:55 am

Melbourne will win by 10 goals this week. Port are doneskis.
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Love how port supporters talk about their "champion of the game" retiring, but half of them still leave before full time rather than seeing him off . Class act

Sydney win so you're up and about hey?

I think you're talking a bit of poo, I've hardly heard the "champion of the game" thing but hey, if you wanna run with it for trolling purposes, you go girl.

As for people leaving before full time, it's been going on since cocky was an egg and will continue to for a long time, if it means an hour difference getting home by leaving 5 minutes earlier, why not, I do it at the footy or the cricket and it's not governed by who's in front, only if the result is already determined.
I guess the attendance didn't warrant "#bringbackthetarps" so another avenue was sought.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 am

hearts on fire wrote:Melbourne will win by 10 goals this week. Port are doneskis.

I think you're on the money there HOF, especially if Trengove is out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think you're talking a bit of poo, I've hardly heard the "champion of the game" thing but hey, if you wanna run with it for trolling purposes, you go girl.

As for people leaving before full time, it's been going on since cocky was an egg and will continue to for a long time, if it means an hour difference getting home by leaving 5 minutes earlier, why not, I do it at the footy or the cricket and it's not governed by who's in front, only if the result is already determined.
I guess the attendance didn't warrant "#bringbackthetarps" so another avenue was sought.

not up and about at all...

very sensitive this past week or so LM, not trolling either and not directed to anyone on here. You have obviously listening to different media outlets than i, those words have been said on numerous.

A port supporter who was at the game told me what was going on..,. And from a support base who give the cows a fair whack for leaving early (warranted ;) ) i found it interesting...

Not trolling whats so ever, so you can untie the knots in those knickers of yours.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 11:19 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

very sensitive this past week or so LM, not trolling either and not directed to anyone on here. You have obviously listening to different media outlets than i, those words have been said on numerous.

A port supporter who was at the game told me what was going on..,. And from a support base who give the cows a fair whack for leaving early (warranted ;) ) i found it interesting...

Not trolling whats so ever, so you can untie the knots in those knickers of yours.

I'm not wearing any :D

You're probably right, I stop reading FB because of all the crap that goes on between camps and I try to get on here for some proper footy discussion and it's graffiti'ed with digs and non-game related plop.

I'm not a fickle supporter, I love watching a good game of footy and I put multi's on based on who I think will win not by who I want to win.

I don't get all the bullshit where supporters are more focused on their rival team losing opposed to their own side winning, then again, I don't get too upset if my team loses, just a bit disappointed if their efforts weren't solid enough.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I'm not wearing any :D

You're probably right, I stop reading FB because of all the crap that goes on between camps and I try to get on here for some proper footy discussion and it's graffiti'ed with digs and non-game related plop.

I'm not a fickle supporter, I love watching a good game of footy and I put multi's on based on who I think will win not by who I want to win.

I don't get all the bullshit where supporters are more focused on their rival team losing opposed to their own side winning, then again, I don't get too upset if my team loses, just a bit disappointed if their efforts weren't solid enough.

The bullshit was noticeably less this week.....then I released the West Lakes salary cap cheats also lost to GWS.......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby MW » Mon May 25, 2015 11:24 am

Now THAT'S trolling
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby vics01 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:49 am

It has begun
Attachments
11008794_640939042673929_6411785584254978943_n.jpg
11008794_640939042673929_6411785584254978943_n.jpg (36.39 KiB) Viewed 935 times
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby valleys07 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

No disrespect LM, but I cannot stand this argument.

Nobody gives a shit about traffic when their team is winning. Regardless of whether you live in Kent Town, or bloody Murray Bridge- Kane deserved better than for 15,000 fans to sprawl out of the stadium 15 minutes early. Those same fans would have been potting Crows fans last year when we were kicking back, feet up in the comfort of the Top 4.

Pathetic.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bd u15 09 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No disrespect LM, but I cannot stand this argument.

Nobody gives a shit about traffic when their team is winning. Regardless of whether you live in Kent Town, or bloody Murray Bridge- Kane deserved better than for 15,000 fans to sprawl out of the stadium 15 minutes early. Those same fans would have been potting Crows fans last year when we were kicking back, feet up in the comfort of the Top 4.

Pathetic.

Think it's pretty piss poor people leaving early regardless of the result.

95% of the crowd lives probably within 30 minutes of the ground.
I bloody live 3 hours from the ground and still stayed until the end before driving home.
I suppose they are the guys that didnt go and watch five years ago when we were at rock bottom.
Will be interesting to see if they turn up to the WB game in 2 weeks especially if we lose this week.
bd u15 09
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 25, 2015 12:33 pm

It was an excuse at Footy Pk, not at Adelaide Oval?
I can stay till 5 mins after games and still get to Happy Valley quicker than I do during weeknights, there's stuff all traffic if you park in town, the drive home is quite pleasant!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL