Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Turbo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Looking forward to playing port in a few weeks. May not win but what if we did? The fall out would be awesome
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby stan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Turbo wrote:Looking forward to playing port in a few weeks. May not win but what if we did? The fall out would be awesome

Reckon you will just quietly.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby marbles » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Turbo wrote:Looking forward to playing port in a few weeks. May not win but what if we did? The fall out would be awesome

Dont wanna get ahead of ourselves actually we do! 4 wins in a row!...

Freo
Essendon
Collingwood
Port

Go blues
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Turbo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 pm

marbles wrote:

Dont wanna get ahead of ourselves actually we do! 4 wins in a row!...

Freo
Essendon
Collingwood
Port

Go blues

Could happen. My 3 most hated sides are the next 3 weeks too
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 pm

UK Fan wrote:
marbles wrote:Westoff back to centrals - its a must mr hinkley

Happy to take him but he'll be playing for power reserves when dropped. It is bullshit I know

But you wouldn't want an afl player playing for centrals would you .... Think of the integrity ....... Oops but that would mean 0 premierships .........ha ha ha :lol:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby carey » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:10 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
marbles wrote:Westoff back to centrals - its a must mr hinkley

Happy to take him but he'll be playing for power reserves when dropped. It is bullshit I know

But you wouldn't want an afl player playing for centrals would you .... Think of the integrity ....... Oops but that would mean 0 premierships .........ha ha ha :lol:

WTF does that even mean????
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby valleys07 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Round 5 Review vs. Geelong- Power of the Pussy

Port Adelaide 8.11.59
Geelong 16.11.107

Goals- Dixon 3, Wines 2, Broadbent, Ebert, Amon 1.

It is very tough to sit here now as a PAFC fan and search for positives. To watch the first 1 ½, followed up by the pathetic effort which saw the Cats pile on 15 goals to 3, simply breaks my heart. That isn’t easy to write, especially producing such a performance against Geelong who have been breaking my heart regularly for the best part of a decade.

Personally, this game was lost at the selection table. To have Lobbe, who lumbers around the ground like a prehistoric creature up against 3 ruckmen with no back up, beggar’s belief. The 2nd ruckman not only would produce moments of competitiveness at centre bounces and around the ground stoppages, but would also allow us to compete up forward. What frustrates me most about our recruitment of Dixon, and subsequent use of the big fella, is the fact we have this shiny new toy up forward, and are not willing to support him at the selection table by offering him any kind of support by way of a decoy marking target. We have spent the summer training with a 3 prong attack in Charlie/Schulz and Westhoff, and now that Schulz being injured, and Westy having to be sent back to cover the loss of Bobby- we replace them with O’Shea and Paul ****ing Stewart?? Far Kern Hell.

Numbers from Saturday’s game:

Lost Disposals 309-372
Lost Clearances 34-46 (Centre 7-16)
Lost Hitout’s 28-60
Lost Inside 50’s 45-58
Lost Marks Inside 50 5-16
Lost Contested Possession 126-165
Lost Clangers 57-49

“You can’t lose at the contest as badly as we’ve been losing and expect to be able to win,”- Ken Hinkley.

Well….you don’t say!? I could have told you that after NAB 2.

At the moment we rank stone cold motherless last in marks, and we are something like 8 marks a game behind the team that sits 17th in that category. Meanwhile, despite being absolute garbage at the moment, we're 7th in inside 50s, but again, a clear dead last in marks inside 50.

What needs to be done? Go back to some bread and butter footy axioms. Get some height into our Forward 50, and bring in a pinch hit to our ruck division.

Our only marking target is Dixon. Westhoff has looked supremely ordinary in all 3 of our losses, and Lobbe has not and will never be a marking target. Teams are able to set up off of Dixon, double (sometimes triple) team him and launch attacks. It happens over and over again. By picking another marking target or two (and i'm advocating Butcher AND Howard come in), we start to hold some of those marks and teams have to change the way we defend us.

A massive and consistent problem of ours since 2014 is that the coaches pick something they like and stick with it. What we did in the latter rounds of 2015 was change things up a bit. Sometimes we would slingshot, sometimes we'd move the ball more meticulously. We picked a team that made us more able to adapt to moving the ball in a few different ways and it worked a treat. Now we've gone back to an extreme form of one game plan that is fine if it works, like it did against St Kilda and Essendon, but an absolute disaster if a team is able to counter it, because we don't employ a plan B. We bravely never ever give up on plan A. Just about the only thing we “never give up” on. How ironic.

To serve that shit up on ANZAC weekend of all rounds, what an utter embarrassment.

Player Reviews:

Top 5:

Darcy Byrne-Jones- (26D,3R50,2T,3I50)- Another really strong performance from DBJ, the one shining light to an otherwise disappointing season thus far. He attacks with intent, is aggressive at the contest, and is one of the very few players in our squad at the moment who rarely wastes the footy.

Ollie Wines- (24D,5CL,10T,2.2)- A massive step in the right direction for Ollie. Continued to win a heap of the footy (albeit again wasteful), but hit the scoreboard. Unlike last week where he looked as though he was running through quicksand, he covered the ground better this week and got involved in good link up play.

Jasper Pittard- (25D,9R50,3T,5 x 1%,6I50)- Setting the standard yet again, and is in AA form at present. Is literally the only half back flanker in our side looking to attack, as highlighted by his massive 842m gained (to put it in perspective, Broadbent covered 356 and O’Shea (LOL) covered 154m).

Travis Boak- (26D,8CL,5T,3I50)- A much better performance this week from Travis. Won a team high 8 clearances, and got himself involved on the outside too. A step in the right direction.

Matthew Broadbent- (22D,4M,4I50,1.0)- Was absolute dynamite in the first quarter. 8 touches, a goal, great in the contest, and then got shut out of the game in the last 3 quarters. 368m gained this week, so still well short of the standards that Jasper has been setting all season, but I was happy that he at least tried to spot up targets when he had possession.

The Rest:

Jimmy Toumpas- (21D,5R50,4T,2I50)- “GET HIM OUT OF THE SIDE!!” Oh yeah? For who?? Dimitri the scapegoat. Toumpas had 21 disposals at 76% DE, 4 tackles, 10 pressure acts, 3 clearances, 3 score involvements and 3 intercept possessions for 345 meters gained. There are about 6 blokes in this side at present who I would drop before Jimmy. Put it this way- in comparison to Broadbent- he went at a higher disposal efficiency, laid more tackles, applied as many pressure acts (10), won more clearances and accrued almost identical meters gained.

Brad Ebert- (16D,2M,2CL,4T,4I50,1.1)- Had a brilliant first quarter, then completely disappeared. His mark on the scoreboard flank and bullet like pass to Dixon on the lead his finest passage of play. Nobody questions his workrate, but skills and consistency need improving- especially from a leader.

Sam Gray- (16D,3R50,7T)- Sam is regressing, and quickly. Isn’t accumulating anywhere near the disposal numbers he was late last season, and 1 clearance on Saturday night to go with his season average of 2 per game. Seriously?

Aaron Young- (13D,3M,2T)- The honeymoon lasted 2 weeks, now Youngy is back to producing his nothing games. Unable to influence the scoreboard, unable to effect any defensive pressure.

Jackson Trengove- (12D,2M,11 x 1%)- Cost himself a week for the Selwood incident, which is really disappointing given our shortage of talls as it is. One positive to hang our hats on- Jacko did mention on a PortFanRadio Podcast that in the next couple of weeks he will be spending some time in the ruck. That tells me that “Cluzza” Clurey will be getting a gig.

Tom Jonas- (11D,6M,5 x 1%)- Menzel got away from him in the 3rd quarter and the last, but I didn’t mind his game- I thought he defended really well. The Dangerfield incident- Spare me please.

Hamish Hartlett- (11D,6T)- Hamish can lay claim to perhaps our most iconic moment of the 2014 season. His charge onto a loose ball, copping a huge hit from Steven Morris, and the hands to Schulz to goal in the 2014 EF epitomised everything that Port Adelaide was about that season. Hamish now epitomises everything that Port Adelaide stands for now. Happy to sit on a fat contract, job secure for 5 years, and is unwilling to do the hard things required to succeed in the game. All the talent in the world, getting nothing out of it.

Robbie Gray- (11D,4CL,7T,2I50)- 2 weeks, 2 dummy spits/brain fades. Robbie- what the ****?

Paul Stewart- (11D,5M,3R50,2I50)- I thought he really got involved in the contest as that target between half back and half forward. Just doesn’t impact the contest significantly enough.

Jake Neade- (11D,5T,3I50)- Broken record. All the effort in the world, just doesn’t have the execution. I earmarked him in my season preview as a man that could have a breakout year. Sadly I couldn’t be further from right.

Cam O’Shea- (10D,5 x 1%)- He had 4 or 5 moments from about the 20 minute mark of the 2nd quarter onwards, which legitimately had me bursting out laughing, such was the level of incompetence at basic skill execution. To accumulate 154m gained as an “attacking” half back is beyond pathetic.

Charlie Dixon- (9D,3M,3.0)- Took the most of his opportunities. I still think his leading needs addressing (whether that is the fault of Charlie, the team, or both), but I think too often he looks for the double back and the ball gets sit on his head. Still, as mentioned previously, we have trained all summer for a structure that we are not willing to revert to.

Matthew Lobbe- (8D,27HO,6T)- 2 first round picks were offered up for him last year. We wouldn’t get a half eaten packet of chips for him now. Could have we afforded to take the risk? Let me ask you this- would have we been worse off?? At the very least- it would have injected first round youth into a list that is crying out for development. A massive blunder in hindsight. Can’t tap to our midfielders, can’t mark, can’t impact the scoreboard. Being a great bloke doesn’t cut it.

Justin Westhoff- (8D,3R50,3T)- Did absolutely stuff all on Saturday night, both forward and down back. This might generate some conjecture, but he is hugely overrated, and looks good on the back of a strong side where he can float around without an opponent.

Chad Wingard- (7D,3T)- Delayed concussion his (legitimate) excuse. Had I not known that, I would have labelled it the worst game of his career to date.

Jack Hombsch- (6D,3T,8 x 1%)- Another victim of poor selection in my opinion. Had we selected a 2nd tall to keep forward, Westhoff could have been swung back permanently to act as that intercept between Hawkins and the resting ruckman. One on one, Jack just got shown up for pure strength.

Karl Amon- (5D,6T,3I50)- Prison bars this week. Surely.

This week sees us take on an equally hapless Richmond in what can only be described as a battle of the handicapped. In my opinion, neither team actually deserves to win this.

It will be an interesting night at the selection table. Chad has slammed the performance of our AFL listed players against Central District, in which we got belted in clearances 52-25 (our midfield from top to bottom lost clearances 96-59 over the weekend), and called out the performance of players “seeking to boost their possession numbers over doing the team thing”. Home truths right there I reckon.

Ken’s patience has supposedly “run out” with a number of senior players. Richmond look to regain the services of Brett Deledio this weekend, however have lost Alex Rance to suspension which has been offset by the Power losing Jackson Trengove, also to suspension.

I hope the following changes are made:

Out: P. Stewart, C. O’Shea, J. Trengove, K. Amon
In: D. Howard, J. Butcher, N. Krakouer, T. Clurey

See you at the footy. Carn the Pear!

Valleys.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby saintal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Great write up as always Valleys.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:03 pm

valleys07 wrote:Round 5 Review vs. Geelong- Power of the Pussy

Port Adelaide 8.11.59
Geelong 16.11.107

Goals- Dixon 3, Wines 2, Broadbent, Ebert, Amon 1.

It is very tough to sit here now as a PAFC fan and search for positives. To watch the first 1 ½, followed up by the pathetic effort which saw the Cats pile on 15 goals to 3, simply breaks my heart. That isn’t easy to write, especially producing such a performance against Geelong who have been breaking my heart regularly for the best part of a decade.

Personally, this game was lost at the selection table. To have Lobbe, who lumbers around the ground like a prehistoric creature up against 3 ruckmen with no back up, beggar’s belief. The 2nd ruckman not only would produce moments of competitiveness at centre bounces and around the ground stoppages, but would also allow us to compete up forward. What frustrates me most about our recruitment of Dixon, and subsequent use of the big fella, is the fact we have this shiny new toy up forward, and are not willing to support him at the selection table by offering him any kind of support by way of a decoy marking target. We have spent the summer training with a 3 prong attack in Charlie/Schulz and Westhoff, and now that Schulz being injured, and Westy having to be sent back to cover the loss of Bobby- we replace them with O’Shea and Paul ****ing Stewart?? Far Kern Hell.

Numbers from Saturday’s game:

Lost Disposals 309-372
Lost Clearances 34-46 (Centre 7-16)
Lost Hitout’s 28-60
Lost Inside 50’s 45-58
Lost Marks Inside 50 5-16
Lost Contested Possession 126-165
Lost Clangers 57-49

“You can’t lose at the contest as badly as we’ve been losing and expect to be able to win,”- Ken Hinkley.

Well….you don’t say!? I could have told you that after NAB 2.

At the moment we rank stone cold motherless last in marks, and we are something like 8 marks a game behind the team that sits 17th in that category. Meanwhile, despite being absolute garbage at the moment, we're 7th in inside 50s, but again, a clear dead last in marks inside 50.

What needs to be done? Go back to some bread and butter footy axioms. Get some height into our Forward 50, and bring in a pinch hit to our ruck division.

Our only marking target is Dixon. Westhoff has looked supremely ordinary in all 3 of our losses, and Lobbe has not and will never be a marking target. Teams are able to set up off of Dixon, double (sometimes triple) team him and launch attacks. It happens over and over again. By picking another marking target or two (and i'm advocating Butcher AND Howard come in), we start to hold some of those marks and teams have to change the way we defend us.

A massive and consistent problem of ours since 2014 is that the coaches pick something they like and stick with it. What we did in the latter rounds of 2015 was change things up a bit. Sometimes we would slingshot, sometimes we'd move the ball more meticulously. We picked a team that made us more able to adapt to moving the ball in a few different ways and it worked a treat. Now we've gone back to an extreme form of one game plan that is fine if it works, like it did against St Kilda and Essendon, but an absolute disaster if a team is able to counter it, because we don't employ a plan B. We bravely never ever give up on plan A. Just about the only thing we “never give up” on. How ironic.

To serve that shit up on ANZAC weekend of all rounds, what an utter embarrassment.

Player Reviews:

Top 5:

Darcy Byrne-Jones- (26D,3R50,2T,3I50)- Another really strong performance from DBJ, the one shining light to an otherwise disappointing season thus far. He attacks with intent, is aggressive at the contest, and is one of the very few players in our squad at the moment who rarely wastes the footy.

Ollie Wines- (24D,5CL,10T,2.2)- A massive step in the right direction for Ollie. Continued to win a heap of the footy (albeit again wasteful), but hit the scoreboard. Unlike last week where he looked as though he was running through quicksand, he covered the ground better this week and got involved in good link up play.

Jasper Pittard- (25D,9R50,3T,5 x 1%,6I50)- Setting the standard yet again, and is in AA form at present. Is literally the only half back flanker in our side looking to attack, as highlighted by his massive 842m gained (to put it in perspective, Broadbent covered 356 and O’Shea (LOL) covered 154m).

Travis Boak- (26D,8CL,5T,3I50)- A much better performance this week from Travis. Won a team high 8 clearances, and got himself involved on the outside too. A step in the right direction.

Matthew Broadbent- (22D,4M,4I50,1.0)- Was absolute dynamite in the first quarter. 8 touches, a goal, great in the contest, and then got shut out of the game in the last 3 quarters. 368m gained this week, so still well short of the standards that Jasper has been setting all season, but I was happy that he at least tried to spot up targets when he had possession.

The Rest:

Jimmy Toumpas- (21D,5R50,4T,2I50)- “GET HIM OUT OF THE SIDE!!” Oh yeah? For who?? Dimitri the scapegoat. Toumpas had 21 disposals at 76% DE, 4 tackles, 10 pressure acts, 3 clearances, 3 score involvements and 3 intercept possessions for 345 meters gained. There are about 6 blokes in this side at present who I would drop before Jimmy. Put it this way- in comparison to Broadbent- he went at a higher disposal efficiency, laid more tackles, applied as many pressure acts (10), won more clearances and accrued almost identical meters gained.

Brad Ebert- (16D,2M,2CL,4T,4I50,1.1)- Had a brilliant first quarter, then completely disappeared. His mark on the scoreboard flank and bullet like pass to Dixon on the lead his finest passage of play. Nobody questions his workrate, but skills and consistency need improving- especially from a leader.

Sam Gray- (16D,3R50,7T)- Sam is regressing, and quickly. Isn’t accumulating anywhere near the disposal numbers he was late last season, and 1 clearance on Saturday night to go with his season average of 2 per game. Seriously?

Aaron Young- (13D,3M,2T)- The honeymoon lasted 2 weeks, now Youngy is back to producing his nothing games. Unable to influence the scoreboard, unable to effect any defensive pressure.

Jackson Trengove- (12D,2M,11 x 1%)- Cost himself a week for the Selwood incident, which is really disappointing given our shortage of talls as it is. One positive to hang our hats on- Jacko did mention on a PortFanRadio Podcast that in the next couple of weeks he will be spending some time in the ruck. That tells me that “Cluzza” Clurey will be getting a gig.

Tom Jonas- (11D,6M,5 x 1%)- Menzel got away from him in the 3rd quarter and the last, but I didn’t mind his game- I thought he defended really well. The Dangerfield incident- Spare me please.

Hamish Hartlett- (11D,6T)- Hamish can lay claim to perhaps our most iconic moment of the 2014 season. His charge onto a loose ball, copping a huge hit from Steven Morris, and the hands to Schulz to goal in the 2014 EF epitomised everything that Port Adelaide was about that season. Hamish now epitomises everything that Port Adelaide stands for now. Happy to sit on a fat contract, job secure for 5 years, and is unwilling to do the hard things required to succeed in the game. All the talent in the world, getting nothing out of it.

Robbie Gray- (11D,4CL,7T,2I50)- 2 weeks, 2 dummy spits/brain fades. Robbie- what the ****?

Paul Stewart- (11D,5M,3R50,2I50)- I thought he really got involved in the contest as that target between half back and half forward. Just doesn’t impact the contest significantly enough.

Jake Neade- (11D,5T,3I50)- Broken record. All the effort in the world, just doesn’t have the execution. I earmarked him in my season preview as a man that could have a breakout year. Sadly I couldn’t be further from right.

Cam O’Shea- (10D,5 x 1%)- He had 4 or 5 moments from about the 20 minute mark of the 2nd quarter onwards, which legitimately had me bursting out laughing, such was the level of incompetence at basic skill execution. To accumulate 154m gained as an “attacking” half back is beyond pathetic.

Charlie Dixon- (9D,3M,3.0)- Took the most of his opportunities. I still think his leading needs addressing (whether that is the fault of Charlie, the team, or both), but I think too often he looks for the double back and the ball gets sit on his head. Still, as mentioned previously, we have trained all summer for a structure that we are not willing to revert to.

Matthew Lobbe- (8D,27HO,6T)- 2 first round picks were offered up for him last year. We wouldn’t get a half eaten packet of chips for him now. Could have we afforded to take the risk? Let me ask you this- would have we been worse off?? At the very least- it would have injected first round youth into a list that is crying out for development. A massive blunder in hindsight. Can’t tap to our midfielders, can’t mark, can’t impact the scoreboard. Being a great bloke doesn’t cut it.

Justin Westhoff- (8D,3R50,3T)- Did absolutely stuff all on Saturday night, both forward and down back. This might generate some conjecture, but he is hugely overrated, and looks good on the back of a strong side where he can float around without an opponent.

Chad Wingard- (7D,3T)- Delayed concussion his (legitimate) excuse. Had I not known that, I would have labelled it the worst game of his career to date.

Jack Hombsch- (6D,3T,8 x 1%)- Another victim of poor selection in my opinion. Had we selected a 2nd tall to keep forward, Westhoff could have been swung back permanently to act as that intercept between Hawkins and the resting ruckman. One on one, Jack just got shown up for pure strength.

Karl Amon- (5D,6T,3I50)- Prison bars this week. Surely.

This week sees us take on an equally hapless Richmond in what can only be described as a battle of the handicapped. In my opinion, neither team actually deserves to win this.

It will be an interesting night at the selection table. Chad has slammed the performance of our AFL listed players against Central District, in which we got belted in clearances 52-25 (our midfield from top to bottom lost clearances 96-59 over the weekend), and called out the performance of players “seeking to boost their possession numbers over doing the team thing”. Home truths right there I reckon.

Ken’s patience has supposedly “run out” with a number of senior players. Richmond look to regain the services of Brett Deledio this weekend, however have lost Alex Rance to suspension which has been offset by the Power losing Jackson Trengove, also to suspension.

See you at the footy. Carn the Pear!

Valleys.

Once again, beautifully written & I agree with 95% of it but IMO you're wrong about Toumpas. Remember the old saying, "Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS"! Never truer than in this case. How does he hurt opposition teams? His oppo must laugh when they get him. He is the worst AFL player Port recruited from another club without doubt, a sad indictment on our recent recruiting strategy. Sorry Jimmy, but back to the magpies if they'll have you.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:Once again, beautifully written & I agree with 95% of it but IMO you're wrong about Toumpas. Remember the old saying, "Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS"! Never truer than in this case. How does he hurt opposition teams? His oppo must laugh when they get him. He is the worst AFL player Port recruited from another club without doubt, a sad indictment on our recent recruiting strategy. Sorry Jimmy, but back to the magpies if they'll have you.

I tend to agree, watching the game Saturday he just constantly frustrated me and I thought he was poor - had I not read the stats above I never would've expected that.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Zartan wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Once again, beautifully written & I agree with 95% of it but IMO you're wrong about Toumpas. Remember the old saying, "Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS"! Never truer than in this case. How does he hurt opposition teams? His oppo must laugh when they get him. He is the worst AFL player Port recruited from another club without doubt, a sad indictment on our recent recruiting strategy. Sorry Jimmy, but back to the magpies if they'll have you.

I tend to agree, watching the game Saturday he just constantly frustrated me and I thought he was poor - had I not read the stats above I never would've expected that.

I agree with you both about Toumpas. A real Deer in the headlights. Polec in for Jimmy looks a no brainer.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby marbles » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Once again, beautifully written & I agree with 95% of it but IMO you're wrong about Toumpas. Remember the old saying, "Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS"! Never truer than in this case. How does he hurt opposition teams? His oppo must laugh when they get him. He is the worst AFL player Port recruited from another club without doubt, a sad indictment on our recent recruiting strategy. Sorry Jimmy, but back to the magpies if they'll have you.

yea you grilled toumpas but didnt drop him :D you'd rather Ah Chee in instead of toumpas and youd rather a tackle bag instead of westoff...

edited for you....

Out: P. Stewart, C. O’Shea, J. Trengove, K. Amon, Toumpas, Westoff
In: D. Howard, J. Butcher, N. Krakouer, T. Clurey, Ah Chee, Tackle-Bag
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby stan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:52 pm

marbles wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

yea you grilled toumpas but didnt drop him :D you'd rather Ah Chee in instead of toumpas and youd rather a tackle bag instead of westoff...

edited for you....

The tackle-bag is a huge in for Port.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 pm

How long would it take someone to superimpose a beard on a tackle bag and post it?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby marbles » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:07 pm

MW wrote:How long would it take someone to superimpose a beard on a tackle bag and post it?

8 minutes :D

tbaflpor-35a05c47-8833-4161-bbd8-1eeef394b581.jpg
tbaflpor-35a05c47-8833-4161-bbd8-1eeef394b581.jpg (22.13 KiB) Viewed 518 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:09 pm

marbles wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

edited for you....

I didn't grill Toumpas. I posted his stats highlighting that there should be others who make way before him.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:23 pm

marbles wrote:
MW wrote:How long would it take someone to superimpose a beard on a tackle bag and post it?

:lol: I was thinking more of that big red bag they hold before the kids tackle it
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby marbles » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 pm

MW wrote:
marbles wrote:

:lol: I was thinking more of that big red bag they hold before the kids tackle it

would need a priority draft pick for a top quality tackle bag player
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:29 pm

carey wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:But you wouldn't want an afl player playing for centrals would you .... Think of the integrity ....... Oops but that would mean 0 premierships .........ha ha ha :lol:

Very good question. Should've stopped at 'Oops'.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Magellan wrote:
carey wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:But you wouldn't want an afl player playing for centrals would you .... Think of the integrity ....... Oops but that would mean 0 premierships .........ha ha ha :lol:

Very good question. Should've stopped at 'Oops'.

If you drink heavily and smoke some funny cigarettes it will all make perfect sense ;)
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL