OMG...

Anything!

OMG...

Postby Dog_ger2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:40 pm

South Australians are about to be offered the opportunity to pay their power bills monthly.

What a lot of "Shit"

Is this the answer to the most expensive power bills in the world.

Comment Jai.

You need to be strung up...

You have destroyed our state.

No manufacturer is coming here fool.

You have turned our city into Detroit.

Slum City.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Re: OMG...

Postby Q. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Loving this cheap electricity since they got rid of the carbon tax
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Dogger starting another great thread :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Last edited by Brodlach on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Dog_ger2 wrote:South Australians are about to be offered the opportunity to pay their power bills monthly.

What a lot of "Shit"

Comment Jai.

Slum City.

Whilst you may think this is a stupid move, I can tell you it is an important move to the most vulnerable in the state. Instead of sitting on your backside complaining, how about coming out with me on Saturdays voluntarily visiting and assisting those in need through St Vinnies. For them, smaller monthly bills will be much more manageable than high quarterly ones. They really struggle managing their current bills.
As for reducing overall electricity bills, Jay is being proactive in a number of ways. Take for instance, the battery. The LNP laughed at him for this then suddenly realised it is in fact the way to go, so much so they also made it part of their own policy.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby stan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Dog_ger2 wrote:South Australians are about to be offered the opportunity to pay their power bills monthly.

What a lot of "Shit"

Comment Jai.

Slum City.
Mate you want to know why our power is that much more expensive. I'll tell you the key.

Go get your power bill and work out what your rate is per Kwhr. The work out at that same rate the $$$ per MWhr.

Then go to Aemo's website and grab the data for the average Mwhr as a guide.

Do that for victorians as well. You'll see something that nobody seems to be talking about. Whilst our power is more expensive, its not by as much as you would think from the vics and NSW. Almost better than tassie at times. But perhaps the 350% markup on the sale of MWhrs has something to do with it.

No no.no crazy old Stan, those companies are only operating within the rules they were created with. All honest companies its all those renewables and bloody Jay and his crazy mates.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:22 am

bulldogproud wrote:

What a lot of "Shit"

Comment Jai.

Slum City.

Whilst you may think this is a stupid move, I can tell you it is an important move to the most vulnerable in the state. Instead of sitting on your backside complaining, how about coming out with me on Saturdays voluntarily visiting and assisting those in need through St Vinnies. For them, smaller monthly bills will be much more manageable than high quarterly ones. They really struggle managing their current bills.
As for reducing overall electricity bills, Jay is being proactive in a number of ways. Take for instance, the battery. The LNP laughed at him for this then suddenly realised it is in fact the way to go, so much so they also made it part of their own policy.
Cheers

I'm a contractor and pay mine weekly. Have done so for years.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:03 am

Ive paid mine monthly for as long as i remember

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:56 am

What a lot of "Shit"

Comment Jai.

Slum City.

I pay mine monthly.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 am

This thread could only get worse if the title was "It's like, OMG.."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 am

Booney wrote:This thread could only get worse if the title was "It's like, OMG.."

ROFLMAO?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:This thread could only get worse if the title was "It's like, OMG.."

ROFLMAO?

WAFD?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

ROFLMAO?

In this office we extrapolate that to the extreme as in :

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off Biting The Carpet For Fear Of Shitting Myself Due To The Hilarity Ensuing From The Most Recent Comments.

ROTFLMAOBTCFFOSMDTTHEFTMRC

So, from time to time there'll be a LOL moment and we'll send each other the above type of acronym and see if the other can unlock the wording.

Yes, we work from time to time too.

Good thread Dogman.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 am

Booney wrote:

Isn't that also the properly-PC fully-inclusive acronym for the gay/lesbian/other community?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 am

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:

Isn't that also the properly-PC fully-inclusive acronym for the gay/lesbian/other community?

Mate, keep up, there's no "Q".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:34 am

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mate, keep up, there's no "Q".

@Q.

There ya go.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:52 am

gadj1976 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

What a lot of "Shit"

Comment Jai.

Slum City.

Cheers

Yes, how great it is when we are able to have control over when our utilities are payable. The people who we visit are, pretty much, renters and most of these are renting through the Housing Trust. As such, they personally have no control over when their bills arrive. Additionally, many of them are somewhat transient, not staying in the one residence for more than a couple of years or so. What I do know is that, just about every week, we tend to see someone new who needs our immediate help as a result of having a large quarterly utilities bill having just arrived, leaving them with very little money for food etc.

Now I have to admit to taking Dogger at his word re this announcement of 'monthly charging' as this is the only thing I have read re this. All I can say is that it would make things somewhat easier for the people we see if they had smaller yet more frequent bills. This would be more manageable for them. Fortunately, once we see them, we are able to help them work out a payment plan with their utilities supplier in most cases. However, I can guarantee that we will continue to see new people coming up with the same problem of having a high quarterly bill , not knowing that there are actions that can be taken re this until a charitable institution such as St. Vinnies, Anglicare, the Salvos etc. help them work out how to pay it.

Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Jase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 am

bulldogproud wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

What a lot of "Shit"

Comment Jai.

Slum City.

Cheers

Yes, how great it is when we are able to have control over when our utilities are payable. The people who we visit are, pretty much, renters and most of these are renting through the Housing Trust. As such, they personally have no control over when their bills arrive. Additionally, many of them are somewhat transient, not staying in the one residence for more than a couple of years or so. What I do know is that, just about every week, we tend to see someone new who needs our immediate help as a result of having a large quarterly utilities bill having just arrived, leaving them with very little money for food etc.

Now I have to admit to taking Dogger at his word re this announcement of 'monthly charging' as this is the only thing I have read re this. All I can say is that it would make things somewhat easier for the people we see if they had smaller yet more frequent bills. This would be more manageable for them. Fortunately, once we see them, we are able to help them work out a payment plan with their utilities supplier in most cases. However, I can guarantee that we will continue to see new people coming up with the same problem of having a high quarterly bill , not knowing that there are actions that can be taken re this until a charitable institution such as St. Vinnies, Anglicare, the Salvos etc. help them work out how to pay it.

Cheers

No one has to wait for the bill before they pay though? We pay an amount every fortnight and it works for us... We didn't have to setup direct debit or anything, we just pay using the account number...

Everyone can do that...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Jase,
Correct, and well done on that. However, sadly, not everyone has the ability or sense to plan like that. We have to remember that some people in society have very little financial literacy or knowledge of how things work. Some have enough trouble just affording their groceries (or, in perhaps as many cases, suffer from mental health issues and/or squander money through addictions to cigarettes, alcohol, gambling etc.). In an ideal world, it would be wonderful if people could budget and put aside a few dollars a week to cope with future bills. This is what we try to get them to do, by providing budgeting counselling and also sometimes limiting our assistance to them until they have taken steps to improve their management of money. However, many don't think about future bills until they actually arrive.

Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby Jase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:50 pm

bulldogproud wrote:Jase,
Correct, and well done on that. However, sadly, not everyone has the ability or sense to plan like that. We have to remember that some people in society have very little financial literacy or knowledge of how things work. Some have enough trouble just affording their groceries (or, in perhaps as many cases, suffer from mental health issues and/or squander money through addictions to cigarettes, alcohol, gambling etc.). In an ideal world, it would be wonderful if people could budget and put aside a few dollars a week to cope with future bills. This is what we try to get them to do, by providing budgeting counselling and also sometimes limiting our assistance to them until they have taken steps to improve their management of money. However, many don't think about future bills until they actually arrive.

Cheers

Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to come across as know it all or anything like that... we used to struggle to pay the bills (sometimes it still is a close run thing) when Mrs Jase wasn't working due to the boys (her choice).

We just thought we would give a go with paying a portion each pay... and it as generally worked well for us...

Again apologies if any offence as taken. :(
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Personally, I wait for the bill, call and set up a payment schedule.

So 6 weeks out of every 12, I'm paying $50 a week. The other 6 weeks, I'm paying nothing.

We keep our electricity bill around the $300 mark most quarters. It's not that hard if you don't leave unnecessary stuff on all the time.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion