HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby supercoach » Mon May 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Comp is great but having seen Uri , Mt Barker and Lobey over the past 3 weeks Uriadla are 7 goals better than Lobey and 10 Goals better than Barker. The rest make up the numbers and are very even and results will be based on who gets injured etc etc. Most sides cant afford to have 4-5 players out as some clubs have had over the past few weeks. Will be some great footy over the next 6 weeks . 9 wins may get a team a finals spot.
supercoach
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby the_grinch » Mon May 26, 2014 7:09 pm

supercoach wrote:Comp is great but having seen Uri , Mt Barker and Lobey over the past 3 weeks Uriadla are 7 goals better than Lobey and 10 Goals better than Barker. The rest make up the numbers and are very even and results will be based on who gets injured etc etc. Most sides cant afford to have 4-5 players out as some clubs have had over the past few weeks. Will be some great footy over the next 6 weeks . 9 wins may get a team a finals spot.

Couple of big weeks for Mount Barker coming up, we'll find out just where they're at. Uri this week and Lobey in round 9, interesting.
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby magpiemaster » Mon May 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Watched Lobey a few weeks back and they are mighty impressive. Youthful side with better depth then last year and should finish the year on top IMO. The talk from Mt Barker is they are trying to build a little slower then the last few years to hold them in better stead when it really matters. I think the top 3 seem to be solid but Blackwood's win over Mt Barker show any team on any given day can be well more then competitive. The comp is of a very high standard and it's great to see. On a personal note, my boys from Dorf just aren't meshing at the moment. Silly skill errors and poor lapses in concentration result in quick goals to the opposition and end in losses. More then confident the boys will still finish top 5 and once there it's anyone's title.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Mon May 26, 2014 9:54 pm

magpiemaster wrote:Watched Lobey a few weeks back and they are mighty impressive. Youthful side with better depth then last year and should finish the year on top IMO. The talk from Mt Barker is they are trying to build a little slower then the last few years to hold them in better stead when it really matters. I think the top 3 seem to be solid but Blackwood's win over Mt Barker show any team on any given day can be well more then competitive. The comp is of a very high standard and it's great to see. On a personal note, my boys from Dorf just aren't meshing at the moment. Silly skill errors and poor lapses in concentration result in quick goals to the opposition and end in losses. More then confident the boys will still finish top 5 and once there it's anyone's title.

Lobey are quick, highly skilled and will prove very hard to beat!! The Jenkins boys are on fire!! The loss of baust, heading overseas I hear, may hurt!!
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Tanka » Tue May 27, 2014 1:47 pm

magpiemaster wrote:Watched Lobey a few weeks back and they are mighty impressive. Youthful side with better depth then last year and should finish the year on top IMO. The talk from Mt Barker is they are trying to build a little slower then the last few years to hold them in better stead when it really matters. I think the top 3 seem to be solid but Blackwood's win over Mt Barker show any team on any given day can be well more then competitive. The comp is of a very high standard and it's great to see. On a personal note, my boys from Dorf just aren't meshing at the moment. Silly skill errors and poor lapses in concentration result in quick goals to the opposition and end in losses. More then confident the boys will still finish top 5 and once there it's anyone's title.

MM heard you were likely to lose a few (up to 6??) over the next few weeks to the World Cup and other overseas travel... Is this right?? It will seriously impact your top 5 chances surely if true?
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Slots It Through » Tue May 27, 2014 5:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Tanka wrote:I heard that 3-4 A Graders missed training on Thursday night so Jars left them out..... still not going to make up 100 points though. Uraidla are very good....

It will be Jarmans 1st and only season as a country coach then i'd imagine

You think he will take is 40k this season and not come back?
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby cracka » Tue May 27, 2014 7:06 pm

supercoach wrote:Comp is great but having seen Uri , Mt Barker and Lobey over the past 3 weeks Uriadla are 7 goals better than Lobey and 10 Goals better than Barker. The rest make up the numbers and are very even and results will be based on who gets injured etc etc. Most sides cant afford to have 4-5 players out as some clubs have had over the past few weeks. Will be some great footy over the next 6 weeks . 9 wins may get a team a finals spot.

Didn't Loby beat Uraidla. Regardless I think you're right about the top 3 are set & the rest are fighting for 4th & 5th.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby FairDinkum » Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 am

Loby did beat Uraidla, so have Uraidla hot better by 7 goals or Loby dropped back ? I think I'll just go by the scorecard.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed May 28, 2014 3:16 pm

I see golding and dundervioc looking to get out of Blackwood and both clearances have been denied :lol: closely from mt barker also on the move :shock:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby tomo » Wed May 28, 2014 5:35 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:I see golding and dundervioc looking to get out of Blackwood and both clearances have been denied :lol: closely from mt barker also on the move :shock:

Where is Dundas trying to go Wonder Elephant???
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed May 28, 2014 5:45 pm

tomo wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:I see golding and dundervioc looking to get out of Blackwood and both clearances have been denied :lol: closely from mt barker also on the move :shock:

Scotch in div 2 golding to norlunga by the looks of there clearance pages
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Postby spot on » Thu May 29, 2014 4:07 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
tomo wrote:

Isn't Mat Goldings clearance from Noarlunga to Blackwood, that's the way it reads to me.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby the wonder elephant » Thu May 29, 2014 4:50 pm

spot on wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:
tomo wrote:

Isn't Mat Goldings clearance from Noarlunga to Blackwood, that's the way it reads to me.

Sorry mate stand corrected yes hes is trying to get to blackwood :oops:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Postby FairDinkum » Fri May 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Yes, Blackwood, not looking forward to the journey to Blackwood, it never feels the same as when we play Bridgey or Onkas or Uris etc etc. I feel like we are at a suburban ground and we shouldn't be there, never the less we will play to win and the trip home never takes as long. According to the clearances there has been a lot of movement at Blackwood this year, I guess they are like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri May 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Fully agree FairDinkum re Blackwood and playing there.
I would go as far to reiterate my previous remarks stating they SHOULD NOT BE IN HILLS LEAGUE!!!
This is a metropolitan team in a suburban area that should be playing in Amateurs.
By removing Blackwood from the comp it would assist greatly with the predicament the Hills league finds themselves in re a 10 team Central comp.
They also don't travel away with supporters and are of no benefit to the league as a whole.
Get rid of them - the sooner the better!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby spot on » Fri May 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Legs Man wrote:Fully agree FairDinkum re Blackwood and playing there.
I would go as far to reiterate my previous remarks stating they SHOULD NOT BE IN HILLS LEAGUE!!!
This is a metropolitan team in a suburban area that should be playing in Amateurs.
By removing Blackwood from the comp it would assist greatly with the predicament the Hills league finds themselves in re a 10 team Central comp.
They also don't travel away with supporters and are of no benefit to the league as a whole.

I think that Blackwood would fit well into the Southern Football league, very close to Flagstaff Hill & Happy Valley to name a couple. However this has been rumoured every off season for the last number of years and nothing ever comes of it.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 pm

spot on wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Fully agree FairDinkum re Blackwood and playing there.

I think that Blackwood would fit well into the Southern Football league, very close to Flagstaff Hill & Happy Valley to name a couple. However this has been rumoured every off season for the last number of years and nothing ever comes of it.

If they don't bring supporters, we don't want them
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby always there » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:53 am

Another great win by Lobethal yesterday although slippery and wet they showed that they are capable of anything. First time since 2002 that the tigers will play in a courier cup. The persistence and belief in the club and the team has paid off and the tigers are now roaring from the top of the ladder. 2 red cards to Blackwood yesterday showed their frustrations in not being up to the tiger challenge, very undisciplined. Tigers stayed calm and played the game. Well done Lobethal.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:42 am

always there wrote:Another great win by Lobethal yesterday although slippery and wet they showed that they are capable of anything. First time since 2002 that the tigers will play in a courier cup. The persistence and belief in the club and the team has paid off and the tigers are now roaring from the top of the ladder. 2 red cards to Blackwood yesterday showed their frustrations in not being up to the tiger challenge, very undisciplined. Tigers stayed calm and played the game. Well done Lobethal.

Keep a lid on it champ! We still have to beat uraidla when it counts and Mt Barker next game will be a huge test!
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby always there » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:00 am

Rubber Chest wrote:
always there wrote:Another great win by Lobethal yesterday although slippery and wet they showed that they are capable of anything. First time since 2002 that the tigers will play in a courier cup. The persistence and belief in the club and the team has paid off and the tigers are now roaring from the top of the ladder. 2 red cards to Blackwood yesterday showed their frustrations in not being up to the tiger challenge, very undisciplined. Tigers stayed calm and played the game. Well done Lobethal.

Keep a lid on it champ! We still have to beat uraidla when it counts and Mt Barker next game will be a huge test!

Defiantly still challenges ahead, just saying that the tigers are on the way back and no longer the easy beats and that belief in your club and local talent and recruiting the right people to fit in your club is a long but fruitful road and much more satisfying than a quick fix.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy